Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Makes you wonder. If Peter and MJ can get back together despite everything said and done, I think Scott and Jean have their chance as well. Marvel seems to be resetting things as best they can. Why release a trade of the wedding if they don't like it. Why bring Scott back now? I have hope, but I'll expect the worse if need be.
    It could mean many things, but Zac Thompson answered "Take the journey with us. I promise you'll be surprised." in Twitter to a Jean Grey/ Jott fan who said "I want to be hyped for this. I really do but i can't knowing it will probably be the kiss of dead for my favorite couple. It sucks to be a Jean/Scott shipper sometimes."
    And Matthew Rosenberg posted "Rereading @kierongillen's run on UNCANNY X-MEN. I am so in love with Scott's recounting his first meeting with Jean. "The universe readjusts forever to her slight presence."" (which to be fair could just be that he was praising the amazing work of Gillen, I really wish he could have stayed with UXM after AvX, he had amazing plans, and would have given closure to Scemma)

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    It could mean many things, but Zac Thompson answered "Take the journey with us. I promise you'll be surprised." in Twitter to a Jean Grey/ Jott fan who said "I want to be hyped for this. I really do but i can't knowing it will probably be the kiss of dead for my favorite couple. It sucks to be a Jean/Scott shipper sometimes."
    And Matthew Rosenberg posted "Rereading @kierongillen's run on UNCANNY X-MEN. I am so in love with Scott's recounting his first meeting with Jean. "The universe readjusts forever to her slight presence."" (which to be fair could just be that he was praising the amazing work of Gillen, I really wish he could have stayed with UXM after AvX, he had amazing plans, and would have given closure to Scemma)
    That's pretty interesting. Really just seems as if they want to keep the fans guessing. It seems up in the air at this point. Whatever happens, hopefully it's at least written well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Ooo I saw that tweet, I know they wanna toy with my heart.

But I just don’t understand how an AU couple will match Jott ... Jean would be trippin and will definitely annoy me if she will put them on the same level ... like; girl get it together. XD
    And if it’s Bishop ... oh lord. I like Bishop but I’m pretty sure this will hinder his character, plus Jean going after her granddaughters attempted murder is just .. umm, not right.

Let’s see how it will unfold but I am not hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post

But I just don’t understand how an AU couple will match Jott ... Jean would be trippin and will definitely annoy me if she will put them on the same level ... like; girl get it together. XD
    And if it’s Bishop ... oh lord. I like Bishop but I’m pretty sure this will hinder his character, plus Jean going after her granddaughters attempted murder is just .. umm, not right.

the same here, a love of an AU can't be compared to a love of the canon that has existed for years as Jott. If it were Bishop, it would be worse, he tried to kill her son and her granddaughter, what kind of person would Jean be if she were in love with that person?

those things would not have logic, personally I think Jean will simply have doubts, she has only been with Scott and being with another person will make her ask questions, maybe the others will influence that she is not with Scott and the memory that Scott was with Emma for years, if not well that writing will not make any sense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    the same here, a love of an AU can't be compared to a love of the canon that has existed for years as Jott. If it were Bishop, it would be worse, he tried to kill her son and her granddaughter, what kind of person would Jean be if she were in love with that person?

those things would not have logic, personally I think Jean will simply have doubts, she has only been with Scott and being with another person will make her ask questions, maybe the others will influence that she is not with Scott and the memory that Scott was with Emma for years, if not well that writing will not make any sense.
    I know right, and don’t get me started on how Bishop n Jean ship will reflect bad on Jeans character. It would only make sense if they don’t have their 616 memory ... but other than that .. is plain wrong.

She could have doubts! Sure ... but it also contradicts her reunion with Cyke in PR
    Honestly, ever since Jean was resurrected she has been missing him .. calling him hubby and couldn’t get her hands of Tyke. So what’s the deal here?

I mean Jott fans have waited for 15 years and for what? To be disappointed once again.

BANNED

Thompson's tweet probably just means "don't give up on the book". He already tweeted before that those who thought Jean and Scott would be together were in for a surprise and that her romance in AoXM would matter.
    And, honestly, we all know there are many reasons why anyone with the "Grey" or "Summers" surname should never address Lucas as a friend/ally, but, like Carey's Scott already said once, the X-Men always kept the door open. And that's why so many of them end up dead due to betrayal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Thompson's tweet probably just means "don't give up on the book". He already tweeted before that those who thought Jean and Scott would be together were in for a surprise and that her romance in AoXM would matter.
    And, honestly, we all know there are many reasons why anyone with the "Grey" or "Summers" surname should never address Lucas as a friend/ally, but, like Carey's Scott already said once, the X-Men always kept the door open. And that's why so many of them end up dead due to betrayal.
    I gave up on the books looong time ago. I’m just back for Cyclops but seems like I’m not in for a good ride, oh well.

X-Men need to learn from their mistakes and stop accepting/forgiving everyone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post

Iirc they said that it was going to matter, not that it was going to be maintained, it could be that the important thing will be the effects of the AU couple and not the AU couple itself, like supposedly Bishop going to jail for it (being the main thing in Prisoner X), perhaps Scott and Jean not going back together immediately, which could not be bad, I hope Scott doesn't even stay with the X-men at first when they come back, Rosenberg in Astonishing X-men 17 mentioned Scott's depression, and at least Havok and Dazzler having him on high regard, He seems to like him a lot and his books do deal with darker emotions.
    He also likes keeping his stories through his books, (he is using all the characters from his previous books in the new team, and it seems to me that one of the things Scott either will have done on the background or in the annual/UXM 11 is rescuing Havok) and Jott was reaffirmed in Phoenix resurrection

They keep giving chances to Erik in spite of all the times than that bite then in the ass, is just fair that Bishop recieve a less one.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    They keep giving chances to Erik in spite of all the times than that bite then in the ass, is just fair that Bishop recieve a less one.
    That's why I'm glad Scott apparently wants to go after him. At least they only ever gave Erik two actual chances, back in the 80s and during the Utopia Era. All others have just been Charles being waaaay too lenient on his old buddy. Lucas is on his first, here's hoping he never screws it up again.

That's why I'm glad Scott apparently wants to go after him. At least they only ever gave Erik two actual chances, back in the 80s and during the Utopia Era. All others have just been Charles being waaaay too lenient on his old buddy. Lucas is on his first, here's hoping he never screws it up again.
    Xavier can be so dumb sometimes, i still remember when he wanted to redeem Sabretooth and that ended with him almost killing Betsy.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Said it before, Jean might be dating the cyclops from age of X-Man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Said it before, Jean might be dating the cyclops from age of X-Man
    One can hope!

Mighty Member

Thompson's tweet probably just means "don't give up on the book".
    I think it means 1 of 2 two things:

1) Thompson feels the story he and his colleagues have written is really that good and that, even if it involves keeping Scott and Jean apart, it's still so good that it will win over the fan he was responding to.

2) Thompson is hinting that it's part of a longer Jott reconciliation arc so the fan he was responding to will be "surprised" because it actually ends with Scott and Jean back together.

We shall see.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well Marvel's still giving us the run around with Mary Jane and Peter so I'm not expecting Jott to happen as soon as they warm up Scott's corpse.