Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    I don't know. I loved Jean and Scott. Then Morrison happened and I was left heartbroken, pretty much the same way Jean was. It took me a few weeks to bounce back and once I had picked up my pieces, endsong came out where Scott kept saying how he loves Emma and she is much better for him than Jean was and that is why he loves her. Jean was sent back to grave and Scott stated he has moved on with Emma. I stopped reading.

That was the end for me and I switched sides to a certain canadian whose love for Jean runs just as deep. In the comics, surely Jean can forgive and get back but if logic dictates that would be a hard thing to come back from in a relationship.

Plus, now that adult Jean has teen Jean's memories, she knows that Emma showed her the part where Scott tells her that he picked Emma. So even if they reconciled in PR, Jean now has knowledge she didn't before. That Scott chose Emma and would have even if she had lived
    Yes, i hated some of the things that were done to the relationship. Sadly that's Marvel, they did the same with Maddie/Scott and were planning to do something ugly to Scott/Emma. Something many people don't get is that at the end of the day these characters don't own their emotions, they are slaves to the writers and editors.

You can have Jean or Scott saying that they will always love each other for decades but if a writter suddenly says that they love emma/bishop that's canon, even if it doesn't make sense or anything hinted it before. But some people think this a problem only for Jean and Scott, which is not. They are clearly the biggest victims but marvel does it all the time with other romances. For example i love Wanda and Vision but Marvel has no problem in making them date other people or even claim it is love (like wonderman, good thing it ended), Marvel did the same to Black Bolt and Medusa, they were stable for decades and suddenly they were the worst thing ever and Medusa hooked up with many people infront of Black Bolt. Marvel doesn't really care about this stuff or the characters or relationships integrity, only cheap drama and easy buzz. they don't even build their romances anymore, people just are totally in love from one moment to the other.

Understanding Marvel horrible philosophy on romance made me tolerate some of that. because is not the characters or relationships faults. I like to judge the relationships for what they are when they are together and not for when they are not or break up (eventually they will all break up).

Also in the end the character most related to Jean is Scott and to Scott is Jean. Even after everything that has been done to cut that tie. Since the start of the books, to this day even if it is ignored. And they have lived things that other relationships can't even dream about, you can make them kiss and love anybody, that's easy that happens to any ship and is not unique. Only with Jean and Scott you can write about family, fate, tragedy, time travel, death and growing up
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-18-2019 at 11:43 AM.