Page 59 of 151 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    We indeed memed that. The way Jean's VA says Scott's name in distress always sounded more like moaning then calling him properly. Also the fact that her pronounce is more "Scotch" than "Scott" LMAO
    I feel like most Jean voice actresses tend to have that issue or at the very least the 90's and Evolution ones.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

All-New Member

Is the white haired guy with the blonde girl Quicksilver?

Today I found this:
    https://www.cbr.com/toxic-superhero-romances/
    I mean it's CBR I know but it's really sad that Jott is on the list, the worst is that the arguments against are all against Scott and it seems that Jean was a victim in all this, "Scott is just a bad partner, seemingly for anyone Jean just has to deal with it most often. " It's sad because this is exactly the kind of thinking that many fans of Jean have, either because they don't know the full story, prefer to ignore it or simply don't care.

BANNED

This is the point a lot of Jean's fans seem to make, as far as I've seen and, coming from CBR, it's no surprise. Putting Scott on the same list as Pym, Jean Loring and Talia Al Ghul is straight up insane, but I already know whose fans will eat it up. At least after AoXM Omega they'll have their heart's wish.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Today I found this:
    I mean it's CBR I know but it's really sad that Jott is on the list, the worst is that the arguments against are all against Scott and it seems that Jean was a victim in all this, "Scott is just a bad partner, seemingly for anyone Jean just has to deal with it most often. " It's sad because this is exactly the kind of thinking that many fans of Jean have, either because they don't know the full story, prefer to ignore it or simply don't care.
    CBR makes up the worst lists. I have no opinion on them, but Kitty and Star Lord? She's had more toxic pairings like the one with Piotr

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

God i hate it.
    This notion than Scott is a bad partner. It's so weird because even though there has been tons of drama, from the start to this day scott is the guy who has the most panel time dedicated to how amazing is jean and how much he loves her.
    it really sucks that marvel plays so much with the drama, because there is nobody who has loved her for half as long or as much. One of the reasons i like this ship is because Scott basically worships Jean but for some reason some people don't see that and act like he is a dick to her, when he isn't

________tumblr_ozek3qmSsZ1v2rhf9o1_500h.jpg
    Dt3U2UrXgAAuc7v.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-16-2019 at 03:48 PM.

BANNED

Scott's view of Jean after she became Dark Phoenix was explicitly "even if she's still Dark Phoenix, I'll love her all the same, until our deaths". But sure, he was nothing but toxic to her their whole relationship LMAO

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Scott's view of Jean after she became Dark Phoenix was explicitly "even if she's still Dark Phoenix, I'll love her all the same, until our deaths". But sure, he was nothing but toxic to her their whole relationship LMAO
    Lol, yeah
    I loved that part
    tumblr_pmoqp37PjI1vaus4oo1_1280.jpg

Also i like scott because he to this day loves Jean, for decades of story and media, on every universe and timeline.
    21463303_1336427959816412_7470038043796327416_n.jpg
    ___15672693_1838724149704489_3503404048506597368_n.jpg

it is easy to make characters fall in love and date or have sex, that can be done with any two characters. It is not easy being a part of each other for decades like Jean and Scott
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-16-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Today I found this:
    An article some person spent a day on to take up space for a day.
    I truly believe that Scott and Jean were made for each other.
    Unfortunaely in order to sell comics drama must be given. It is for this reason that married couples dont have a good track record in the MU. Does anyone really believe that Rogue and Gambit are going to stay together?!!
    My only hope is that Jean and Scott can have a servicable relationship someday. ....
    After this Bishop thing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    An article some person spent a day on to take up space for a day.
    I truly believe that Scott and Jean were made for each other.
    Unfortunaely in order to sell comics drama must be given. It is for this reason that married couples dont have a good track record in the MU. Does anyone really believe that Rogue and Gambit are going to stay together?!!
    My only hope is that Jean and Scott can have a servicable relationship someday. ....
    After this Bishop thing anyway.
    CBR lists aren't worth the time it takes to read/watch them. I recently made the mistake of watching a list of the top 10 badass anime characters without powers. This list featured both Ackermans from Attack on Titan (being born into this family automatically puts you at top tier human combat ability), Lellouch from Code Geass (can force anyone to obey one order with eye contact), Light Yagami from Death Note (has a magic notebook that kills anyone whose name he writes down in it), and Saitama from One Punch Man (can defeat ANY opponent in one punch, get punched from the Earth to the Moon and survive, and then jump back to his exact starting point).

When they can't even follow the rules they themselves start with, nothing else they do carries the least bit of weight.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Art by SlayerSyrena

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Lol, yeah
    I loved that part
    tumblr_pmoqp37PjI1vaus4oo1_1280.jpg

Also i like scott because he to this day loves Jean, for decades of story and media, on every universe and timeline.
    21463303_1336427959816412_7470038043796327416_n.jpg
    ___15672693_1838724149704489_3503404048506597368_n.jpg

it is easy to make characters fall in love and date or have sex, that can be done with any two characters. It is not easy being a part of each other for decades like Jean and Scott
    That DPS scene always struck deep with me. It's just the right amount of cheesy and well executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Art by SlayerSyrena

Nice find! Very sweet.

Also, for those dishearted by CBR's labeling of Cyclops/Jean as toxic, take comfort that the same website ranked them as one of the best Marvel couples of all time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Nice find! Very sweet.

Also, for those dishearted by CBR's labeling of Cyclops/Jean as toxic, take comfort that the same website ranked them as one of the best Marvel couples of all time.
    It seems that CBR's are bipolar. lol

Is it me or does Wolfsbane look like Jean? by the way Jean will have it really hard to reject this sexy cyclops.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 03-19-2019 at 06:07 PM.

today