Page 20 of 151 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The current canon is that she accepts that she was partially responsible for her actions as Dark Phoenix.

I feel like a lot of people here won't be happy until Scott is killed again, then made to be dead at least as long as Jean was. Or a retcon that completely and painfully vaporizes Emma while showing that Emma was controlling Scott the whole time.
    I can safely say that that would make almost no one happy. People who liked Scott's character arc all these years will feel like it craps on everything, people who don't like Scott will say that this gives him an easy way out instead of proper redemption arc. There are only a handful of people that would be ok with this.

Here's what I don't get:

Every X-Men member has killed at least a dozen people. Wolverine's kill count is somewhere in the 30,000 people range. Beast and Xavier killed billions during their time with the Illuminati, as did Black Panther and Namor. Cable and Bishop and Hope have absurd kill numbers. Most of the X-Men would rank among the most prolific serial killers by our world's stats.

Yet apparently the worst thing ever is Scott kind of sort of cheating on Jean.

That's just absurd to me.
    There are so many people who have been cheated on so is easy to sympathy with Jean. The majority of relationships survived this when is the men who have but fall apart if is the woman.

Example: Celebrities
    Cardi B and Offset: Might be fake and stuff who knows I don't care xD
    That Kardashian who first husban cheated then her baby daddy and she still with the baby daddy.

Who didn't survive I don't know some of Taylor swift relationships I guess. I really need to stop watching TMZ but it gives me good laughs most of the time xD. I lost my point now darn it let me go look for it x..x

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How many people are indifferent or annoyed by the ads asking for donations to help children at risk in the 3rd world yet feel a punch in the gut when abused animals come onto the screen?
    But that level of disconnect doesn't make sense in-universe. They've all seen people die, all helped people die, all helped people NOT die, death is a regular part of their lives. You would think murder would rank higher on the "unforgivable" chart.

Claiming that Jean should never forgive Scott for what happened considering she has forgiven Bishop, Namor, Magneto, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Gambit, and Cable of FAR worse crimes seems bizarre to me.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I can safely say that that would make almost no one happy. People who liked Scott's character arc all these years will feel like it craps on everything, people who don't like Scott will say that this gives him an easy way out instead of proper redemption arc. There are only a handful of people that would be ok with this.
    Yeah, I feel like such a retcon would be pointless in all honesty. The hate would still be there. The best thing to do is work through the situation and make it seem like a minor bump in the road. It's the only way to effectively move past the situation and remove its profound effects on Scott's character. It's a very complicated situation that involved mistakes from both Jean and Scott. Uncanny appears to be Scott's second chance at dealing with a tough situation with wiser choices. Jean on the other hand seems to be getting a view into a possibly better life. Who knows, it might just make her realize what she really wants out her life in the end.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

How many people are indifferent or annoyed by the ads asking for donations to help children at risk in the 3rd world yet feel a punch in the gut when abused animals come onto the screen?
    Wow. Now that's a shitty analogy. Abused animals are on the cheating side of a scale that goes from that to murder?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wow. Now that's a shitty analogy. Abused animals are on the cheating side of a scale that goes from that to murder?
    Considering that the other side of that analogy is children starving to death or being killed off in droves by easily preventable illness?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Considering that the other side of that analogy is children starving to death or being killed off in droves by easily preventable illness?
    Yeah, harming, torturing and killing innocent beings is really just super light stuff. How dare people take that seriously. It's definetely comparable to hooking up with someone else while married.

BANNED

Here's what I don't get:

Every X-Men member has killed at least a dozen people. Wolverine's kill count is somewhere in the 30,000 people range. Beast and Xavier killed billions during their time with the Illuminati, as did Black Panther and Namor. Cable and Bishop and Hope have absurd kill numbers. Most of the X-Men would rank among the most prolific serial killers by our world's stats.

It matters because the story told us that it should matter, Morrison basically built his entire run around the affair and it works because it totally fits with the kind of character that Scott had become at that point. A bunch of nameless and faceless people dying off panel just isn't going to have much impact, because the story isn't framing it in a way that suggests that it does.

Take Bird Box as another example, presumably billions of people are dying all around the world, so what difference does it make if one woman and her kids survive? But since the movie is telling her story and leading the audience to form an emotional attachment to her character, her life does matter and all those people who died off screen don't, in the context of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, harming, torturing and killing innocent beings is really just super light stuff. How dare people take that seriously. It's definetely comparable to hooking up with someone else while married.
    The point was that people who can turn a blind eye to the suffering of thousands of people can be affected deeply by the same suffering of a few animals. But if you want to play semantics in order to have some manufactured outrage, well, you do you. All you have told me is that your 'opinions' have a value of zero.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Hate the love triangle but this was a nice moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Hate the love triangle but this was a nice moment.

Nice scene. Althougth by that point the love triangle was death.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nice scene. Althougth by that point the love triangle was death.
    Yeah, make me like this moment more.

BANNED

Here's what I don't get:

Selective empathy is a thing in our world after all. There are people who downplay racism/homophobia because it's a waste of time compared to world hunger or poverty, according to them. Not saying it's comparable, before anyone tries to get outraged at something I didn't say, but it is a real thing. Hypocrisy is part of humans, this is just one of many examples of it.

Here's what I don't get:

Selective empathy, mostly, in my 20 years of live i had discover that people's values can be really mess up and weird.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Are you talking about the characters or the readers?