Page 56 of 151 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    I do not know why, and maybe I'm being overly hopeful here, but with Scott and Jean now both alive, Emma decidedly not with the X-Men and that romantic scene from the resurrection of Jean (along with the general new page we're turning with X-Men Disassembled) am I the only one who has their hopes up for Jean and Scott being together again?
    Everything about Marvel's narrative from the last year has been pointing to a Jean and Scott reunion. They've been planting the seeds since Resurrection

Just pray they don't pull another Kitty/Piotr.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Weird, this is the cover of marvelous x-men #4
    I think it is cute. many people forget they were married and loved each other a lot for long
    Attachment 78759
    What the hell is Marvel playing at?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What the hell is Marvel playing at?
    Agreed. That wasn't the best time for Scott and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    In marvel time?? Scott/Jean spent 12 years in the future.So.............
    Yeah, I'm not the one making the claim. I know Scott and Jeans history

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...scott-summers/

Together, Emma and Scott led the X-Men as equals for 15 years of X-Men publishing history, which means that even if we count the beginning of X-Factor as the start of Scott and Jean’s adult relationship, Scott may have spent more of his life with Emma than he did with the real Jean (difficult to really quantify considering Marvel’s sliding timeline and the collective consciousness of Jean Grey).
    Though, reading it now, it seems they're referring to publication history (though, why would they talk about sliding time if that's what they meant)

But Jott has even more time than that

X-Factor-1986 - 1990=5 years
    Xmen/Uncanny-X-Men 1990-2000= 11 years
    New X-Men 2000-2004= 5 years

So that's 21 years,16 of you remove new Xmen.

Scemma officially kicked off in Astonishing 2004 till Avengers Vs X-Men 2012,which is actually 9 years, so I'm not sure how they got 15 years of them leading together.
    Bendis uncanny X-Men had him as the leader and she as a follower, with no romantic interactions. Unless they added new Xmen, which would give 14 years (which is still lower than Jott).

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    I do not know why, and maybe I'm being overly hopeful here, but with Scott and Jean now both alive, Emma decidedly not with the X-Men and that romantic scene from the resurrection of Jean (along with the general new page we're turning with X-Men Disassembled) am I the only one who has their hopes up for Jean and Scott being together again?
    Until recently I was really positive, as indicated in 2018 we only saw that Jean and Scott still love each other and that has not changed since then, I expected to see the return of Scott and maybe also the return of Jott. But then we had that comment that said Jean's new relationship would last and not only be in AoX-man which meant that Jean and Scott would not be together soon and worse yet there would be new love triangles and much more drama, maybe all is a lie with the intention of being able to sell the book better, time will tell.

But as Beast said: "no one's ever going to get between those two for long" so I guess we should be as positive as possible, obviously without making false hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Just pray they don't pull another Kitty/Piotr.
    I hope not, I'm not a fan of this couple, I have nothing to against them but I've heard many say they are a toxic couple, but enyway after this fiasco the anger of the fans of this couple was so strong that they could have been named Sith Lord's.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

Though, reading it now, it seems they're referring to publication history (though, why would they talk about sliding time if that's what they meant)

Scemma officially kicked off in Astonishing 2004 till Avengers Vs X-Men 2012,which is actually 9 years, so I'm not sure how they got 15 years of them leading together.
    Bendis uncanny X-Men had him as the leader and she as a follower, with no romantic interactions. Unless they added new Xmen, which would give 14 years (which is still lower than Jott).
    I understand the concept of sliding timescales. Still, it would take ONE HELL of a sliding timescale, and then some, to say that Scemma spent more time as a couple than Jott.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

Yeah Scott and Emma were not together for 15 years. The start of their relationship was 2004 with Brand New Mourning and ends with AvX in 2012. Thats like 8 years and the writer sure was stretching things to make his point

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Until recently I was really positive, as indicated in 2018 we only saw that Jean and Scott still love each other and that has not changed since then, I expected to see the return of Scott and maybe also the return of Jott. But then we had that comment that said Jean's new relationship would last and not only be in AoX-man which meant that Jean and Scott would not be together soon and worse yet there would be new love triangles and much more drama, maybe all is a lie with the intention of being able to sell the book better, time will tell.

But as Beast said: "no one's ever going to get between those two for long" so I guess we should be as positive as possible, obviously without making false hopes.

I hope not, I'm not a fan of this couple, I have nothing to against them but I've heard many say they are a toxic couple, but enyway after this fiasco the anger of the fans of this couple was so strong that they could have been named Sith Lord's.
    I'm a big fan of Colossus, so that action from Marvel was quite upsetting. His treatment was pretty bad altogether around that time. To be honest, I'm more worried about it going the Blackbolt/Medusa route. Everything points to some type of reunion. The only issue is that it will also include some form of drama. Heck, poor Captain Britain is getting it bad as well. While I'm hopeful, I'm also slightly worried.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm a big fan of Colossus, so that action from Marvel was quite upsetting. His treatment was pretty bad altogether around that time. To be honest, I'm more worried about it going the Blackbolt/Medusa route. Everything points to some type of reunion. The only issue is that it will also include some form of drama. Heck, poor Captain Britain is getting it bad as well. While I'm hopeful, I'm also slightly worried.
    Rogue and Gambit will be a good litmus test of how Marvel might treat Jott down the road. Of course Scott isn't Remy and Jean isn't Rogue. Some of how Marvel will handle them will come down to power dynamics.

That's why I'm not entirely positive, I'm really worried that this happens, Black Bolt and Medusa are a classic couple with many years and history and still look at the crap that Marvel has done with them. On the other hand, Captain Britain and Meggan have been married for a long time and they are happy together. They both have a daughter, it would seem like a happy family that Marvel should not harm but now with AoX-man, Meggan is with Kurt and a pregnancy is rumored .. if she gets pregnant with another man who is not her husband... even though she is not at fault because she is in this alternative reality without her real memories that could mean the end of her marriage ... if this happens with a couple who have a little children, I don't want to think what bad things Marvel can do with Jott.

BANNED

This is the most realistic outcome, if you think about it. Scott is the one that ruined the marriage, so having Jean either rejecting him or getting with him to "keep up appearances" and then going back to Bishop is very likely, so Jean doesn't look weak and they can torture Scott a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This is the most realistic outcome, if you think about it. Scott is the one that ruined the marriage, so having Jean either rejecting him or getting with him to "keep up appearances" and then going back to Bishop is very likely, so Jean doesn't look weak and they can torture Scott a little bit more.
    Thankfully, that would be counter to Jean's entire characterization. We already saw in Phoenix Resurrection and in the annual that Jean still loves and cares about Scott. It would be a complete turn of her character to only get back with him to maintain appearance and maintain them for what? Blackbolt and Medusa are royalty, they legitimately have an image to maintain. Jean and Scott are leaders sure, but not on the level of the other two. There'd be no reason for Jean to do that and it wouldn't be in character for her to reunite with her husband in name only while keeping Bishop as her side piece. It would make her look cruel and awful and if there's been one consistent thing in her history, it's her love for Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    But that is not part of Jean's characterization. Why she would do that? she would also risk Scott seeking to be with another person. Jean continued to love Scott even after the affair, we saw when she died in Logan's arms, her last thoughts were going to Scott. PR and Annual confirm it once again, besides she has already had potential rivals such as Emma or Maddy or her attitude towards Betsy when she flirted with Scott, over time Jean has proved very possessive with Scott, I do not see why that would change now.

BANNED

Well, cheating on Jean telepathically with Emma also wasn't in Scott's original characterization. And we all know how well that turned out for us, so let's just say I'm not betting on the sensible approach.

I'm also pretty sure there are Jean fans or, at least, people who hate Scott, who think he deserves some level of cruelty from her, so that would probably fly quite well, I think. If I'm being completely honest, I can't see any overwhelming rejection to that happening.