Page 86 of 151 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2261
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, Kid Cable was doing his horrible test, probably would have some measure so that Pixie would not come and take Scott to face Nate.
    What makes the situation even more demented is that WiFi could just have...lied. He didn't need Scott to face a real threat, or even face it when the X-men were in danger. Cyke wouldn't know any better. And to top that, there's a real chance if he was around, the X-men would defeat Nate Grey, because he wouldn't be expecting Scott, who would have a shot at taking him by surprise.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    What makes the situation even more demented is that WiFi could just have...lied. He didn't need Scott to face a real threat, or even face it when the X-men were in danger. Cyke wouldn't know any better. And to top that, there's a real chance if he was around, the X-men would defeat Nate Grey, because he wouldn't be expecting Scott, who would have a shot at taking him by surprise.
    Or Cyclops would have been lost in the AU with the rest if the team. Leaving Wolverine and Havok to lead......

I still wonder, if the missing team members return in a dramatic fashion while a battle is going on, how off balance would the enemies be (assuming they return on the battle field that Cyclops’ Team is waging ......for all we know they’ll appear either the spot they got zapped, on random parts of the globe like at the end of Heroes Return, or, assuming Jean is just locking onto the strongest Mutant single, the new Mansion during the epilogue, assuming the return happens in Uncanny......)for all we know it happens at the end of AoX Omega and the Final Uncanny is the epilogue for 40 Pages (reunions between Scott and Jean, The Professor, Scott and the rest of then Original Five, the missing team reacting to Juggernaut, maybe Gambit and Rogue pop up, as well as Cable, X-Force, Captain Britain, Alpha Flight. The Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Rachel, the hinted return of Moria, setting up for Hickman’s Run....... ) and a Swan Song for the 22 Issue Maxi Series......
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-20-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Or Cyclops would have been lost in the AU with the rest if the team. Leaving Wolverine and Havok to lead......
    If WiFi did know that Jean & the other X-men would go missing, possibly die, why wouldn't he warn them? Or at least kept Jean out of it?

Comic Geek in General

If WiFi did know that Jean & the other X-men would go missing, possibly die, why wouldn't he warn them? Or at least kept Jean out of it?
    I....don’t have the answer to that.....unless that wasn’t Cable......remember, Stryfe and Cable look alike, and I think they’re the same age again...he does have a mad on for both “parents”....with a image inducer or telepathic static to make it look like he had cybernetics......while the real Cable was already on his mission.....he impersonated Cable before.....what’s stopping him from doing it again? (Great, adding another ghost from the past to mess with the X-Men)
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-20-2019 at 04:42 PM.

No, that was WiFi. Kid Stryfe only comes back to the present in X-force.

Comic Geek in General

No, that was WiFi. Kid Stryfe only comes back to the present in X-force.
    Well, maybe teen Nathan wasn’t over his abandonment issues fully (he’s what, a few years older from when his “foster parents “ last saw him when he came from......now he’s in their present, having retired his older, more knowledgeable self, he brought his father back, sent the younger versions of his parents (ok his father and his step mother) and his three “uncles”/ the 3 family friends who probably watched him when his father or future step mother/ mother by proxy where unavailable......jeez Cable would be a masters class to explain)

Comic Geek in General

Dare we assume Scott and Jean going to say relationship counseling early into her upcoming return? Doubt it.....they both confirmed that they still have feelings for each other, and Scott had already apologized for everything leading up to Jean’s death.......but where would their relationship be at, assuming they’re back together? They both died, so technically their marriage is done, but since it’s comics (and Reed and Sue survived Reed’s presumed death and getting sucked into a Pocket Universe Franklin made).......personally, I hope that they let Scott and Jean become the mature couple that are in charge, like Lobdell wanted to do back then.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Dare we assume Scott and Jean going to say relationship counseling early into her upcoming return? Doubt it.....they both confirmed that they still have feelings for each other, and Scott had already apologized for everything leading up to Jean’s death.......but where would their relationship be at, assuming they’re back together? They both died, so technically their marriage is done, but since it’s comics (and Reed and Sue survived Reed’s presumed death and getting sucked into a Pocket Universe Franklin made).......personally, I hope that they let Scott and Jean become the mature couple that are in charge, like Lobdell wanted to do back then.....
    The words “mature couple” doesn’t exist in Marvel.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What i hope is that we don't get more Jean/Scott/Emma love drama under hickman. This could only hurt the characters more and will definitely screw both relationships even more.
    Marvel has been pushing that Scott loves Jean and JDW said that Jean is the love of Scott's life but with Marvel nothing is sure.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-23-2019 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

24610650-8B58-40E6-B973-54FD268A9F10.jpg
    The 90s. The best decade for Jott.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What i hope is that we don't get more Jean/Scott/Emma love drama under hickman. This could only hurt the characters more and will definitely screw both relationships even more.
    Marvel has been pushing that Scott loves Jean and JDW said that Jean is the love of Scott's life but with Marvel nothing is sure.
    I prefer the take that Emma's involvement with Scott was originally a way to get at Jean and she only fell for him later (despite her plans) - I like when the Emma/Jean dynamic is about them.

And ideally (to me, at least), when Emma and Scott speak again they shouldn't entertain getting back together even if Scott isn't pining over Jean, because Scott has been shifting away from being an anti-hero whereas Emma has gone further down that road - which hopefully won't go beyond the well-intentioned extremist that Magneto often is.

It would make for a complicated dynamic between the three of them, but one that I think would be better than rehashing the love triangle.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

The dynamic is stale. Just like the previous triangle. The last thing we need is another triangle. Either put them together or keep them apart on different teams. The CW network drama is tedious and Boring. First Logan,then Scemma,then 05 Beast. Same old story different cast.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    ...then 05 Beast...
    To be fair, they got, what, an issue out of that one? A cover? It seemed to be discarded as quickly as it was hinted at.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    To be fair, they got, what, an issue out of that one? A cover? It seemed to be discarded as quickly as it was hinted at.
    it only got discarded after Bendis left. He had a will they or wont they between the two for most of his run

Seeing his father would have baffled Nate Grey but not enough to change the course of the battle imo