Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121
Results 1,801 to 1,802 of 1802

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Loved your take on New X-men Ulfhammer. Lots of thought obviously went into it, and upon reflection, I can definitely see what Morrison had intended.
    Thank you. I hope I was able to provide some perspective. After going so long without reading large chunks of the run together, you see things you've forgotten. I strongly encourage anyone who has strong opinions on who they think was at fault to reread 116 specifically. As I said in my post, I think it's pretty clear that Morrison intended Jean to be less sympathetic here but of course there's enough blame for everyone. Jean's response to Scott talking about being possessed is hysterical, if of course one forgets that she's trying to downplay the DPS to Scott.

Best line though is Logan's "Man's gotta mow his own lawn." Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    If anything it was Scott that was cold and distant with Jean. She tried to talk to him but he shut her out and said to "just read my mind". Jean didn't accept that because it was the easy way out. Scott was also cruel to Jean when he implied he had slept with Emma in Hong Kong. Scott said he didn't sleep with her that they were up all night (something to this effect and he was clearly messing with Jean). There was also that scene written by Joe Casey where Jean tells Scott she loves him and he's all "love you, wife" and in the panel he seemed distant with her.
    I think this depends a lot on which Scott we're talking about. If we're talking about the Scott we knew prior to the end the the Twelve arc, I'd tend to agree. If you're talking about Morrison's Scott, I'm not sure I can get on board. Morrison's Scott was deeply unraveled when it came to Jean, and the foundational elements of their relationship had been entirely stripped away. Scott at the best of times struggled with communicating his feelings. This was not the best of times.

If your partner has a broken leg and asks for help to stand, do you say "do it yourself" or do you offer them a hand? That's really what Scott is doing in that conversation in 116 and Jean has been more than comfortable reading Scott's mind to understand what's going on with him in the past. It was part of Jean accepting Scott for who he was. Just as I think Morrison redefined Scott, I think he redefined Jean as well.

As for the comment in reference to Hong Kong, I just think that's Scott being clueless. He's not really the type to screw with people.

I think they will do great as teammates and close friends. It is possible to remain close friends with an ex. It doesn't have to be weird. Plenty of folks do it. I know some of us will never be happy with that. I do think eventually they will be brought back together.
    Of course they will. That's how they started, and they've never quit being that. They're friends first kind of lovers anyway.

Scott and Jean can still love each other and not be together romantically. This is a thing also. Scott can love both Jean and Emma at the same time. It doesn't mean he gets to be with them both but it is possible to care deeply for more than one person (and yes I mean romantically).
    Of course they can, but why would they. I've seen this opinion before but I've never heard why you think two people who are both free and very much in love should just ignore those feelings. What kind of curmudgeony talk is this? I'm fine with them taking their time sure, but to just right off decades of history together because of what essentially came down to bad humors and an inappropriate wet dream seems a little over the top.

Do you really think they are better off apart? I'd love to hear your reasoning for that, even if it might cut the grain of this thread somewhat.