Page 101 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2261

Honestly, with Hickman's run, I'm hoping Scott, Jean, and Emma are all single for a good while. I'd imagine something like Scott wanting to be with Jean, but she turns him down, wanting some time to herself. Meanwhile, Emma tries to get back together with Scott, but he turns her down, realizing they just don't work anymore. Then they all can all do their own thing. Eventually, Scott and Jean would reunite, and Emma would find someone who doesn't make her feel like second place (to Jean or an endangered mutantkind).

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Honestly, with Hickman's run, I'm hoping Scott, Jean, and Emma are all single for a good while. I'd imagine something like Scott wanting to be with Jean, but she turns him down, wanting some time to herself. Meanwhile, Emma tries to get back together with Scott, but he turns her down, realizing they just don't work anymore. Then they all can all do their own thing. Eventually, Scott and Jean would reunite, and Emma would find someone who doesn't make her feel like second place (to Jean or an endangered mutantkind).
    That's what's probably going to happen. JDW has been pretty vocal on who he thinks Scott would choose, and he even believes Emma could be with someone better than Cyke. Hickman isn't the type of person to write needless relationship dramas, but, to Jott's credit, their relationship is a big part of their characters and I'm sure he knows that, but he has an overreaching story he'll want to tell. Not to mention HoX and PoX are a 6 issue miniseries, so he needs to lay base. He'll have Scott and Jean talk while doing their jobs, get close together, but remain single. Then when the miniseries ends, they'll probs. get together in the end or the flagship book.

Sort of like how X-Men Blue had Jott teeter-totter around, and then at the end, they reunited again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I will say you are right. I'm not Jott fan but it was really bad what it was done. The worse part it tarnished Jean.
    Sure nothing of this teenage love is true, people grow together and that was fine. On college I had a colleague that had only one girlfriend, they dated since 13 years old and were going to marry.
    Jott starting out as a teenage romance isn't at all unrealistic or even unusual, at least in the U.S. IIRC, the average number of partners for Americans in a lifetime is something like 3. Though not as ubiquitous as it used to be, marrying young (and happily staying married for life) is still very much a thing.

The idea that "normal" equates to the promiscuous Sex and the City/Entourage lifestyle is a modern myth created by pop culture and corporate advertising.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Jott starting out as a teenage romance isn't at all unrealistic or even unusual, at least in the U.S. IIRC, the average number of partners for Americans in a lifetime is something like 3. Though not as ubiquitous as it used to be, marrying young (and happily staying married for life) is still very much a thing.

The idea that "normal" equates to the promiscuous Sex and the City/Entourage lifestyle is a modern myth created by pop culture and corporate advertising.
    I hear other adults online swear up & down things rarely work that way in their world. One guy one another forum. In his life everyone is hooking up casually, everyone has numerous partners, hardly anyone starts having kids until there's late 30's, etc. lol And most of that forum agrees with the Hookup culture being the norm. I even heard numerous people who noted if they haven't slept with someone by a 3rd date, they drop them because nobody waits to have sex anymore, and anyone who does is playing games or uninterested.

I never thought it was odd for couples to start young. My mother married my father when she was 18, and she's still with him at 52. Then you have other fictional relationships that have lasted the test of time, despite starting in HS. I don't think it's fair to dismiss younger love as puppy love that won't last. Plenty of people marry the HS sweetheart, and actually stay with them.

I honestly wouldn't mind relationships falling to the wayside, at least at first. Jonathan Hickman's writing style is usually focused on big picture stories. He rarely gets into the personal lives or intimate relationships of the characters. Just read his F4 run for examples of that. He will acknowledge them. He may even gloss over it a few times, but he doesn't make that a priority. I think it would make more sense to leave relationship dramas to other titles, be it Uncanny or some other relaunched book. JDW and Hickman have both stated that the books will be relaunching later this year after Powers of X and House of X conclude. Hopefully, one of those books focuses on Scott and Jean's status.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is weird i think i maybe projecting some of my parents on Jean and Scott.

They were a couple very young, they married young too and had two kids (twins!). Then divorced and were like 12 years apart dating other people, but none of their other relationships were serious.
    they got back together, remarried and had other two kids.
    Just because some people fall in love young doesn't mean it is not love.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-05-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I hear other adults online swear up & down things rarely work that way in their world. One guy one another forum. In his life everyone is hooking up casually, everyone has numerous partners, hardly anyone starts having kids until there's late 30's, etc. lol And most of that forum agrees with the Hookup culture being the norm. I even heard numerous people who noted if they haven't slept with someone by a 3rd date, they drop them because nobody waits to have sex anymore, and anyone who does is playing games or uninterested.
    That doesn't surprise me. I've found that, after 30, married couples (especially ones with kids) and singles tend to have separate social circles. Especially with kids in the mix, they tend to have very different lifestyles. It also makes a difference if one is living in the city versus in the suburbs. This guy isn't seeing any monogamy because he isn't socializing with the monogamous.

RE: hookup culture, it's like high school and college: 20% of the people are having 80% of the sex.

I never thought it was odd for couples to start young. My mother married my father when she was 18, and she's still with him at 52. Then you have other fictional relationships that have lasted the test of time, despite starting in HS. I don't think it's fair to dismiss younger love as puppy love that won't last. Plenty of people marry the HS sweetheart, and actually stay with them.
    Agreed. My parents have been together since 1974. My grandparents since 1945.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Thank you for sharing phoenixzero23. You make a great point, and at the end of the day love sometimes doesn't make sense to those around it and can be hard to explain. But it's always a great thing.

Regardless of what happens, I hope Marvel at least maintains the love the characters have for one another. I know it's a situation where we should probably expect the worse, but we've waited quite a while to get nothing.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Thank you for sharing phoenixzero23. You make a great point, and at the end of the day love sometimes doesn't make sense to those around it and can be hard to explain. But it's always a great thing.

Regardless of what happens, I hope Marvel at least maintains the love the characters have for one another. I know it's a situation where we should probably expect the worse, but we've waited quite a while to get nothing.

"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." — Batman

Give it to us, Hickman! I've enjoyed my Scemma! I've enjoyed my alt-world Jlogan! Now I'm ready for the original. We've been waiting forever! ; O ;
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-05-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

Agreed. My parents have been together since 1974. My grandparents since 1945.

I'm one of ten children. Seven of us are married. The range of the marriages is 25 to 38 years. No divorces or breakups. There are successful marriages. If the divorce rate is 50% than half of them still work.

Mind you, that doesn't change what Marvel did with Jean and Scott or make it any less distasteful to me.

Great to see so many people who believe that the Jott relationship shouldn't be dismissed as "puppy love". Besides, they've been through hell and back, many times, and you get closer to people after experiences like these. Thanks for sharing personal stories, guys!

This is so cute...!

BABY CABLE

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I found this one
    https://vieryplus.tumblr.com/post/185373701256
    tumblr_pslqd0OKps1r27mrdo1_1280.jpg.

We will probably have to satisfy us with fanfiction and fan art for a long time, i really don't expect anything from Hickman for this relationship, it is better to don't have expectations.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-05-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This one is cute, too 'cause Scott looks like he's trying to hold a serious face, but he can't with Jean around!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    We will probably have to satisfyus with fanfiction and fan art for a long time, i really don't expect anything from Hickman for this relationship, it is better to don't have expectations.
    Jott is a status quo couple. They'll come back eventually, and I can wait. I waited for Peter and MJ, I can wait for Jott

Comic Geek in General

I see them probably reuniting officially when the Monthlies start up after HOX/POX......we don’t know how much time passes between the the end of AoX Omega and Uncanny#22 and the start of HOX/POX........could be a few weeks to a few months (enough time for the current Mansion to get upgraded, the Missing Team Members to get Psych Evaluations (from either the returning Xavier or Doc Samson, maybe a support group headed by the FF/ Avengers who where in their own AU Stuff in the 90’s) etc.......SDCC would probably give us a better idea where things are going......