You know I have no idea what to think about this open relationship stuff. I was wanting Jean and Scott, if they got back together to do so very very slowly. I wanted Jean to be her own character and not the "girlfriend" or "wife" character. Usually the women characters do not do well in fiction when it comes to relationships/romance. I want Jean to be strong. I don't want the character to be about straight male fantasy where she's shared among two of the main characters that most male readers happen to identify with. It is kind of gross on so many levels.

Then again, I think Hickman may just hint about this stuff so it can be our individual fan head cannon on whether they are in some poly relationship or if they are just buddies. The only way I'm ok with this open relationship is if Scott is messing around with Wolverine also but I doubt they would ever take it that far or in that direction.

In this last issue Jean was peak supporting character , den mother while Scott got to be a hero. Yikes, hopefully better days are a head.