Page 25 of 151 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Love that Scott wanted to run off to find Jean
    Aww, it was so sweet!

More to come *fingercrossed*

Ok about the annual publication.
    spoilers:
    I liked the annual publication but not so much that they said that Cyclops was wrong, even though it doesn't surprise me JDW said the same thing so... see teen Cable worry about Scott is great, but it seems he doesn't care or not shows a lot of concern for Jean, she is his mother and who raised him, I guess he knows that maybe with Scott they can save her and the rest of the X-men and that's why he doesn't worry too much? Advantages of traveling to the future I suppose.
    I have to say I loved see that Scott refers to his meeting with Jean as a dream and then he just wanted to see her.

Also it seems that teen Cable does not like Emma, ​​this is normal and I think it is the first time or one of the few in which he shows his dislike to her.
    end of spoilers

I know a lot of the more recent Scott fans are upset by today's Uncanny X-Men annual, but for a fan like myself who started reading in the 90s, reading today's Uncanny X-Men annual felt like I was reading about classic Cyclops. Scott has been tortured and weighed down with so much baggage over the years. I think he seems less burdened after his resurrection, and I like that. And of course, as a Jott fan, I appreciated Scott needing to see Jean while he was kept in the bunker.

Mighty Member

I enjoyed the Uncanny Annual as well. PR #5 remains in continuity, so that remains Scott and Jean's last interaction. Kudos to Brisson for showcasing that moment.

Despite the nuclear meltdown occurring over in the Cyclops thread right now, it looks to me like Marvel is picking up with Scott more or less where Bendis left off with him. Scott's comments in this story read to me like a continuation of his conversation with Emma in Uncanny X-Men vol. 3 #32. With the "Extinction era" over, this feels to me like a natural evolution of RightClops with Scott taking stock of his choices and looking for a way forward. I even recognized a bit of BoyScott in him, and that's a good thing. I'm very curious to see how he and nuXavier react to each other.

On a side note, Kid Cable certainly is a manipulative brat. Supposedly, he's 616 Cable from an earlier point in his life, but I'm struggling to place him in Nathan's timeline. My guess would be after the events of Askani'son, but he acts way more immature than Nathan Dayspring did. Also, Cable didn't know that Scott and Jean were his parents until after "X-Cutioner's Song". He didn't know they were Slym and Redd until "Phalanx Covenant". Yet, Kid Cable already knows all about his relationship with them.

Overall, this story leaves me cautiously optimistic. I'm not totally bought back in yet, but I'm not out either.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I know a lot of the more recent Scott fans are upset by today's Uncanny X-Men annual, but for a fan like myself who started reading in the 90s, reading today's Uncanny X-Men annual felt like I was reading about classic Cyclops. Scott has been tortured and weighed down with so much baggage over the years. I think he seems less burdened after his resurrection, and I like that. And of course, as a Jott fan, I appreciated Scott needing to see Jean while he was kept in the bunker.
    IA with this entirely. It was good to see him finally back

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

I'm sorry, what? What relationship? They didn't even kiss. There was barely even flirtation!

Agree with this. Let's not act like the last movie established a romantic relationship. I suppose they had interaction that one could see conceivably leading to a relationship, but the audience sure didn't see it get there. The publicity for the movie made it seem like we might get it. We didn't.

Time will tell although I'm not giving someone like Kinberg the benefit of the doubt. Show me. Let's see the relationship done justice. The other stuff, like the big 3 getting major roles, I think just comes with the territory of this reboot. Probably the most irksome point of this reboot is how big a role Mystique has had. Well, the type of role. It is not in line with any version of the character I ever saw. Still, if the movie does Jott justice I'll come here and give them props for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Lol, forgot to post the pages

it is beautiful, that kiss in phoenix resurrection is really becoming an iconic moment on their story

Attachment 77465
    Attachment 77466
    Jean and Cable's love for Scott is what brought him back. Of course, Nathan HAD to be a dick about it, but it's the sweetest thing the X-Office gave us in many many years.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Jean and Cable's love for Scott is what brought him back. Of course, Nathan HAD to be a dick about it, but it's the sweetest thing the X-Office gave us in many many years.
    Haha, I think this is the best way to put it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Agree, but let's hope there isn't a prolonged Jott reunion after age of x-man is over

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Y'all.

Read the annual.
    Cool, some good news after being so worried these days.
    You guys hyped it up for nothing.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You guys hyped it up for nothing.
    I personally liked that Scotts return was tied to Jean's and Cable.
    Also i loved that he clearly still loves her, thats something many people deny thanks to how bad were their interactions on morrisons run and the deal with emma.
    Some people were denying their declarations on phoenix resurrection saying it was an illusion but this confirmed it was real.

So while the annual didn't have any new interactions between them it was still pro jott. Thats better than nothing or better than if he for example were looking for emma.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-24-2019 at 07:47 AM.

I personally liked that Scotts return was tied to Jean's and Cable.
    Also i loved that he clearly still loves her, thats something many people deny thanks to how bad were their interactions on morrisons run and the deal with emma.
    Some people were denying their declarations on phoenix resurrection saying it was an illusion but this confirmed it was real.

So while the annual didn't have any new interactions between them it was still pro jott. Thats better than nothing or better than if he for example were looking for emma.
    People actually questioned the fact that Scott still loved her?

LMAO that was like one of the main running themes in his relationship with Emma. "He'll never love me like he loved her"

If Namor can see it...

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I am partly happy, my favorite Cyclops is the boyscout, maybe because it was through the one I became a Cyclops fan, he was a good character but no saint so that made him great for me, Cyclops of Evolution is one of my favorite versions of him. But even though I'm not the biggest fan of Rightclops, I agreed with a lot of his decisions and I have to admit that it was great to see Scott as the Che Guevara of the comics but saying that he was wrong and Logan just as the Avengers were right ... besides the affirmations of Rosemberg, I don't know what to think I'm afraid we'll have another Tyke again.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    People actually questioned the fact that Scott still loved her?

LMAO that was like one of the main running themes in his relationship with Emma. "He'll never love me like he loved her"

If Namor can see it...
    yep to the point where people were saying that the Scott in PR was an illusion. Thank god the annual confirmed that he was real and no one can deny that now. I remember people also saying that Jean knew Scott was alive after Extermination and her bashing her for not trying to find him but the last Uncanny also confirm that she didnt know

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yep to the point where people were saying that the Scott in PR was an illusion. Thank god the annual confirmed that he was real and no one can deny that now. I remember people also saying that Jean knew Scott was alive after Extermination and her bashing her for not trying to find him but the last Uncanny also confirm that she didnt know
    People say crazy things.