Page 24 of 151 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yet, they were able to pull off Days of Future Past. They were able to pull off Logan, which was inspired by Old Man Logan. Again, I'm seeing excuses and not reasons.
    And they were not able to pull off X3, or Origins or Apocalypse. Fox's record is hit and miss at best. Not to mention DoFP is a short story that doesn't really need any build-up and Logan is pretty much it's own thing(and screw that movie, it treats the whole franchise as less worthy than a cannon fodder just so that Logan can have his dramatic moments).
    It feels so petty because this movie has the potential to give us the Cyclops/Jean moments we never got in the previous trilogy.
    Potential? POTENTIAL?! Everything has potential. What kind of argument is that?
    Like it or not, this movie can't exist in a vacuum.
    Yeah, tell that to Fox. They're the ones making this movie with almost zero build-up.
    It's not focused like Logan.
    More Xavier/Magneto angst, Genosha, Mystique the greatest leader evah. All this in DPS story which has no previous build-up. Yep, 'not focused' is the right term.
    It builds off of what we saw in X-Men: Apocalypse, which established the Cyclops/Jean relationship and raised the profile of the X-Men.
    I'm sorry, what? What relationship? They didn't even kiss. There was barely even flirtation! Raised the profile of X-Men?? What does that even mean?
    It just feels like everyone is setting up standards they know cannot be reached
    My standards are pretty low with this movie, let me tell you that.
    without redoing the entire trilogy from scratch and the X-Men are already going to the MCU so you're going to get your wish.
    People complain about not getting future "Logans" and "Deadpools" even though they already have that, but I can't complain about something that has never happened, on the basis that I will get that in five to seven years at the latest?
    In that case, why not just enjoy Dark Phoenix for what it is?
    Just enjoy for what it is? Seriously?!
    Even if you don't like Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, can't you still enjoy the movie for the Scott/Jean moments we're likely to get?
    Why should I give enjoy something for [not really] doing the bare minimum? You are asking me to lower my already low standards.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    What a lot of fans really want is a faithful, note-for-note adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga. For a host of reasons, they're not going to get that.

The XCU is it's own thing. It's never been a straight adaptation of the comics. It takes themes and elements from the comics to tell its own stories, and fans should engage it with that in mind. IMO, it's best to approach it as an AU and judge it in those terms.
    God, I am so tired of getting accused of this crap. "Hey, I'd like if they try to be as faithful as possible and don't make pointless and stupid and inferior changes" "Oh, so you want panel-by-panel adaptation? Don't you understand that it's not possible?" "NO, what? I did not say tha... ugh."
    Personally, I'll be satisfied with Dark Phoenix as long as it's better than X3,
    That's not an achievement. Why, why are people setting such low standards?!
    captures the right thematic notes from the comics, and successfully shows the general public why Scott and Jean's relationship is such a core element of the X-Men mythos. Movie audiences have never gotten the case for why Jean chooses Scott over Logan, and it's up to this film to present that case.
    The bare minimum. Actually, no. I'm pretty sure the movie will fail at this.
    *The 90s cartoon came pretty close, and it took an entire season! A straight adaptation to film would take a trilogy of movies at a minimum.
    Two words. Infinity War. Other two words. Civil War.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 01-23-2019 at 12:10 AM.

/\ I literally agree with every word.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    /\ I literally agree with every word.
    Thank you.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Y'all.

Read the annual.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cool, some good news after being so worried these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Y'all.

Read the annual.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I am going to completely avoid this forum till I read the annual, then.

As for the movie I agree with Spiderclops, can we expect something good? Maybe, my expectations? the lowest possible, why? Remember days of the future past? It was a story of Kitty and despite that they made it a Logan story. Magneto and Mystique don't paint anything in Dark Phoenix and despite that I'm sure they will have as much or more importance than Scott and Jean. Have you seen Jean's costume? is almost the same as she used in X3 ... pfff, the previous movie had not Logan.. thas great! not, wait! he was just a couple of minutes, minutes in which they showed that he and Jean had a kind of connection or something, we had some Jott moments but do you really think that makes up the Jogan moment? the movies give us to understand that Jean and Logan is the real issue and that Scott and Jean is something less special, this as far as Jott is concerned there are many other reasons why I think this movie will not be good, I will also go to see it but as I said, I don't expect much.

Mighty Member

Gosh! Really? More hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I am going to completely avoid this forum till I read the annual, then.
    Same here, probably later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Just read Uncanny X-men Annual #1. Won't spoil it, but it has a nice Scott/Jean moment that many will appreciate.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

winter is coming
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Everything is always difficult for this relationship but anybody still invested in it is probably more interested in the really long game.
    Sure there are always love triangles and even other relationships but to this day they still love each other. I dont think any other relationship could take haalf the punishment and with this i'm already used to the drama

Mighty Member

Everything is always difficult for this relationship but anybody still invested in it is probably more interested in the really long game.
    Sure there are always love triangles and even other relationships but to this day they still love each other. I dont think any other relationship could take haalf the punishment and with this i'm already used to the drama
    For now let’s enjoy the annual mini romance! Let’s spread positive vibes only lol it might influence the ship.

Lol, forgot to post the pages

it is beautiful, that kiss in phoenix resurrection is really becoming an iconic moment on their story

cute1.jpg
    cute2.jpg

Love that Scott wanted to run off to find Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Love that Scott wanted to run off to find Jean
    Me too, they have so much to talk about