Page 148 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Scott and Jean haven't been a couple for many years, so whatever terms they had before don't necessarily apply- if they are actually a couple right now, rather than exes who sleep with each other regularly. In that meantime, both of them died and were literal Gods and have been through a lot of stuff. Also, Jean gave her full consent to Scott being with Emma.
    Jean didn't gave full blessings, a future God version of her

going through things doesn't change sexual preferences

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Going through things can certainly make one's view of the world, and of relationships, be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Going through things can certainly make one's view of the world, and of relationships, be very different.
    never saw people changing sexual behavior because of it
    and this is not the first time Jean or Logan died

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    never saw people changing sexual behavior because of it
    and this is not the first time Jean or Logan died
    Welcome to the dawn of a new world. Now you've seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Welcome to the dawn of a new world. Now you've seen it.
    Now I ve seen that this is completely impossible. When Jean returned first she didn't wanted a three way with maddie and Scott.
    eople have to stop inventing excuse for it

In the spirit of appreciating this iconic relationship, I just want to say how great it was to see Cyclops and Jean Grey carrying themselves as a family in X-Men #1. It's a huge upgrade from all the melodrama and upheavals that have plagued their relationship since the Morrison era. They've been together for so long. They've been married, raised children together, and died for one another. They are a family and I hope they get a chance to interact with more of their kids in future comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think that part was cute but those relationships shouldn't depend on the relationship between Jean and Scott.
    with how Marvel has treated it, it is better if they don't. If they want to make Jean act motherly with Cable or Rachel it should be something between those characters.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-18-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think that part was cute but those relationships shouldn't depend on the relationship between Jean and Scott.
    with how Marvel has treated it, it is better if they don't. If they want to make Jean act motherly with Cable or Rachel it should be something between those characters.
    I hope they show Rachel and Jean talking at some point, I really want to see them explore that. I know Rachel wants to be close to both Scott and Jean, but I think she wants a close relationship with her mother more than any other relationship. Heck, I would like them to address some of the things Rachel went through recently and how Jean is trying to help her get over being turned into a hound again.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I hope they show Rachel and Jean talking at some point, I really want to see them explore that. I know Rachel wants to be close to both Scott and Jean, but I think she wants a close relationship with her mother more than any other relationship. Heck, I would like them to address some of the things Rachel went through recently and how Jean is trying to help her get over being turned into a hound again.
    Yes, I have always felt that Rachel admires Jean so much. It makes me root for them to interact. What is cool is that at least it seems that it is sure that they do consider each other family. No more drama about if they are or not.

Well, it seems Hickman's managed to troll everyone with this. Reading this issue, I can say that I'm not sure either way. The characters were just sort of flat for the most part. Emotionally muted really. The last thing I was seeing was romance, from any angle. I suspect we're supposed to suspect that something is not right. There's just too much that doesn't make sense. These characters don't really ever get past the most basic surface cliches of their character descriptions to show me they are who Hickman says they are. Of course there's also the architectural plans, but wow is that ever being over reacted to. I'm with the others who urge everyone to simmer down a bit and wait and see what plays out on panel.

If this is legitimately how Hickman wants to play it, then he's jumped the shark. Not only is it a deeply unimaginative resolution to Scott and Jean's relationship problems, it's so contrary to their history and established personalities that Hickman is just doing AU at this point. If that's the case I'll gladly shut down my X-books file until such time as the next writer comes along to write actual X-Men stories.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Well, it seems Hickman's managed to troll everyone with this. Reading this issue, I can say that I'm not sure either way. The characters were just sort of flat for the most part. Emotionally muted really. The last thing I was seeing was romance, from any angle. I suspect we're supposed to suspect that something is not right. There's just too much that doesn't make sense. These characters don't really ever get past the most basic surface cliches of their character descriptions to show me they are who Hickman says they are. Of course there's also the architectural plans, but wow is that ever being over reacted to. I'm with the others who urge everyone to simmer down a bit and wait and see what plays out on panel.

If this is legitimately how Hickman wants to play it, then he's jumped the shark. Not only is it a deeply unimaginative resolution to Scott and Jean's relationship problems, it's so contrary to their history and established personalities that Hickman is just doing AU at this point. If that's the case I'll gladly shut down my X-books file until such time as the next writer comes along to write actual X-Men stories.
    The thing which is driving me nutso is that a the characters are just so slightly off. All of them. But it’s so slight, I can’t tell if it’s just the author’s style or deliberate. I am hoping against hope that it’s deliberate and there is some master plan. If, as you say, this is just the way things are now and these are the X Men from now on, I will a. be disappointed that the author isn’t being clever and b. Not like the characters much any more.

Moving to the moon feels odd to me, it feels superior and elitist. Wanting a home with their adoptive kids, I quite like but Vulcan? And Wolverine? That just feels so odd.
    I am in no way advocating bringing someone else, anyone else, into their relationship, but if you were determined to do it, there are cleverer and more in character ways to (give Logan a cabin in the woods which links to the habitat via a Krakoan portal? For example).

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    The thing which is driving me nutso is that a the characters are just so slightly off. All of them. But it’s so slight, I can’t tell if it’s just the author’s style or deliberate. I am hoping against hope that it’s deliberate and there is some master plan. If, as you say, this is just the way things are now and these are the X Men from now on, I will a. be disappointed that the author isn’t being clever and b. Not like the characters much any more.

Moving to the moon feels odd to me, it feels superior and elitist. Wanting a home with their adoptive kids, I quite like but Vulcan? And Wolverine? That just feels so odd.
    I am in no way advocating bringing someone else, anyone else, into their relationship, but if you were determined to do it, there are cleverer and more in character ways to (give Logan a cabin in the woods which links to the habitat via a Krakoan portal? For example).
    I'll try not to dive too deep on this in keeping with the nature of the thread. I think Hickman is an smart, gifted writer. I think if this was truly his idea of what the romantic status quo should be, it be far less overt, and likely happen much slower than what's been presented to this point. Of course I don't know his plan so I can't say for sure either way. I just see this as one more thing, along with a number of other crumbs he's dropped to show that these characters just aren't quite right. In that we agree.

I like how you put it. Being in character isn't about fitting into the tiny box that characters are supposed to be in. It's about staying true enough to the established personality that you see the character you love in what's been written. There were times where previous writers went off the reservation, but they always managed to maintain something about that character that made you say "yeah, that's who this guy (or gal) is".

Thing is, I actually like Jean and Scott. I've liked nearly everything about them and they've been remarkably consistent over the years. If this is who Hickman thinks they should be, well that's going to be ugly for us, and unfortunately canon. Just like Claremont's Maddie mess and Morrison's little drama, we'll have to live with screen caps of this stuff forever. I just hope Hickman realizes, even if this is a bait and switch, that he's already done some damage. Ultimately sales will decide if these X-Men are a successful incarnation. At this point I don't see much here convincing me I should be spending money to support this book. We'll just have to see where it goes.

BANNED

By LeoMattos2014 DA

Fan art House of X 1 pic jean,Scott, Cable and Rachel

https://rymslim.tumblr.com/post/1889...drawingssketch

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fan art House of X 1 pic jean,Scott, Cable and Rachel

https://rymslim.tumblr.com/post/1889...drawingssketch
    Awww! That is adorable. Thanks for sharing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.