Page 106 of 151 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    The day MarvelMaster stops being a ray of sun on this forum is the day comics aren't going to be worth reading
    Agreed.
    And I am with MM, Dark Phoenix was an improvement on Scott. He was just one optic blast away to knock Magneto . And I cheered when he knocked Jessica Chastain's character out.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I really doubt Jean or jott are going to appear on the MCU thanks to Dark Phoenix.
    I suspect they will try Emma. I haven't liked how Fox used Jean the two chances they had but i fear that the huge focus on her fro Dark Phoenix could turn Disney off from her.
    Ah,idk, DP is not that impactful. And its gonna be more than five years.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The only thing i liked about Dark Phoenix was when they kissed and when Scott said “if you touch her I will fucking kill you" that was cute, i miss that. They were better than they have been on the books from the last years (which is not a high bar because they haven't been a thing for so long) but that was it. I expected something epic.

Tomorrow's X-Men Monday may bring some more information on where Jott stands in Hickman's works.

It's make or break time!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-09-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Half the questions were about her relationships with Cyclops, Cable, Rachel and sometimes Emma. It would be surprising if none of those are answered.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-09-2019 at 12:03 PM.

I guess just expect to get non-answers or skirting to not anger some fans

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

The only thing i liked about Dark Phoenix was when they kissed and when Scott said “if you touch her I will fucking kill you" that was cute, i miss that. They were better than they have been on the books from the last years (which is not a high bar because they haven't been a thing for so long) but that was it. I expected something epic.
    Same here. There was really no buildup for their relationship if you're a casual viewer. So what we got still seemed s bit hollow. I felt more sad at mystique dying.

Incredible Member

Well, I saw it. One very nice Jott scene in the bedroom. However, let's not get carried away. There are no I love yous exchanged. Hell, Beast and Mystique had one. Also, Scott is not her emotional anchor to her humanity. That is clearly Xavier. That said, I would certainly not use the word sidelined. At no point did I think of Scott as sidelined in this movie. But he is also clearly not a leader in any way. In the space mission, it's Mystique making all the tactical decisions. Overall, while his portrayal could have ben better, I think he fares a lot better than he did in X2 and X3.

I knew I'd never love the movie because I don't like dark Jean. Still, I didn't expect what I saw in the first scene. Just way too dark for my tastes and not related to Phoenix. Just not what I want Jean's character to be.

I didn't expect Chastain's character to wind up being what she was either. It was using continuity, but with a twist I never would have expected.STILL

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Well, I saw it. One very nice Jott scene in the bedroom. However, let's not get carried away. There are no I love yous exchanged. Hell, Beast and Mystique had one. Also, Scott is not her emotional anchor to her humanity. That is clearly Xavier. That said, I would certainly not use the word sidelined. At no point did I think of Scott as sidelined in this movie. But he is also clearly not a leader in any way. In the space mission, it's Mystique making all the tactical decisions. Overall, while his portrayal could have ben better, I think he fares a lot better than he did in X2 and X3.

I knew I'd never love the movie because I don't like dark Jean. Still, I didn't expect what I saw in the first scene. Just way too dark for my tastes and not related to Phoenix. Just not what I want Jean's character to be.

I didn't expect Chastain's character to wind up being what she was either. It was using continuity, but with a twist I never would have expected.STILL
    I saw it yesterday, too, and I agree. I liked it enough, and it was def. an improvement for Jott , but man I wish it was more loving.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I saw it yesterday, too, and I agree. I liked it enough, and it was def. an improvement for Jott , but man I wish it was more loving.
    Based on some of reports on other message boards, there were more Scott/Jean moments that got cut for time. Maybe we'll see those scenes like the Rogue cut of DOFP. We can only hope.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Wouldn't even need an extended cut. You don't get that many of those Just some deleted scenes. You get them all the time. I wouldn't mind seeing them. The fairly lengthy bedroom scene I referenced before, I bought them as a couple.

Comic Geek in General

If one could take away anything from House of X’s #4 Cover alone, Cyclops and Jean are back in their old Battle Duo/ couple mode, it could mean they’re willing to actually work together at best, together even (we’ll know more next month......)

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    If one could take away anything from House of X’s #4 Cover alone, Cyclops and Jean are back in their old Battle Duo/ couple mode, it could mean they’re willing to actually work together at best, together even (we’ll know more next month......)
    It is so surprising how little they have talked or interacted for so long and that their interactions have had so little to do with romance and still some people complain about they interacting to much ( maybe it would be better if they interactions were cute instead of love triangle drama but thats what marvel likes to write)

I have zero expectations on hickman regarding their relationship, at best i hope we don't get another love triangle/morrison drama again.

It is so surprising how little they have talked or interacted for so long and that their interactions have had so little to do with romance and still some people complain about they interacting to much ( maybe it would be better if they interactions were cute instead of love triangle drama but thats what marvel likes to write)

I have zero expectations on hickman regarding their relationship, at best i hope we don't get another love triangle/morrison drama again.
    Actually? I would bet for a strong love triangle, in Uncanny 19 we see Emma again, they have really worked better with her than in Blue and her love for Scott is still constant and healthier than it was in Blue. On the other hand we have Scott and Jean who have reaffirmed that they still love each other and since they have returned they have shown that they care for each other, I don't know what will happen with Jean and Bishop, as I say that relationship is not nothing healthy having Lucas's history with Hope and Nathan. I know we will have a strong love triangle soon either Jean/Scott/Emma or Scott/Jean/Bishop each will have their own drama is just a matter of time to see what they will give us. I just hope that they handle it well and be a new X-factor.

Fantastic Member

is it true that Hickman mentioned that it does not matter what is published because everything starts again?