Page 32 of 151 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    The next five months will be good for us.Then all hell brake lose.
    This is the funniest thing of all, Jean is going to be in a relationship for 5 months, with only 5 issues for each book of age of X-man, obviously not all of these will talk about the relationship of Jean and Bishop, if I'm not mistaken Scott was married to Frenzy but when he returned to the real world he had no problem going back to Emma, ​​he knew how to see the difference between the real world and an illusion, Jean is not going to be able to do this? pff anyway I'm sure the bad guy in the story will once again be Scott ... seeing Jean and Bishop together will think he is not worthy of her, that it is the karma who acts, that she will be happy with Bishop more that with himself ... and Jean to discover that Scott is back to be angry with him for not fighting for her and not believing in the love she has for him ... blah blah blah ... it would be stupid to believe that Jean would choose Bishop over Scott, but it was equally stupid to think that Scott would choose Emma over Jean in Morrison's run and yet most people doubt who Scot chose.

I don't know, my expectations about Jott during the last year have been generally positive and until the moment I was right but the future looks darker so we will have to wait and see if we have something good and prepare for the worst.
    It is not very promising to know that most current writers prefer Jean single, are against Scott or are Scemma's fans.
    I had high hopes with Dark Phoenix but now I do not know what to think anymore. I just hope I'm not in the beginning of a new Scemma and possibly other new pairings, if Marvel wants to do with Jean and Scott the same as with Black Bolt and Medusa, I guess I'm out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    This is the funniest thing of all, Jean is going to be in a relationship for 5 months, with only 5 issues for each book of age of X-man, obviously not all of these will talk about the relationship of Jean and Bishop, if I'm not mistaken Scott was married to Frenzy but when he returned to the real world he had no problem going back to Emma, ​​he knew how to see the difference between the real world and an illusion, Jean is not going to be able to do this? pff anyway I'm sure the bad guy in the story will once again be Scott ... seeing Jean and Bishop together will think he is not worthy of her, that it is the karma who acts, that she will be happy with Bishop more that with himself ... and Jean to discover that Scott is back to be angry with him for not fighting for her and not believing in the love she has for him ... blah blah blah ... it would be stupid to believe that Jean would choose Bishop over Scott, but it was equally stupid to think that Scott would choose Emma over Jean in Morrison's run and yet most people doubt who Scot chose.

I don't know, my expectations about Jott during the last year have been generally positive and until the moment I was right but the future looks darker so we will have to wait and see if we have something good and prepare for the worst.
    It is not very promising to know that most current writers prefer Jean single, are against Scott or are Scemma's fans.
    I had high hopes with Dark Phoenix but now I do not know what to think anymore. I just hope I'm not in the beginning of a new Scemma and possibly other new pairings, if Marvel wants to do with Jean and Scott the same as with Black Bolt and Medusa, I guess I'm out of that.
    We knew this was coming. It was never going to make sense or be anything less than completely contrived. Let's not get too caught up in this until we see how far Marvel's willing to play this. Scott ended up with a wife and child once upon a time and that didn't stop Jott. I don't think this is likely to either.

That doesn't mean it will be pleasant. For now, I suggest we approach this like any other AU and see where it goes. Other than one Tweet a while ago, which was very vague, I don't recall seeing anything to suggest we need to get too uptight. Let's just cringe our way through it. Even if this does bleed out into the 616, I'm not too concerned. Scott has plenty to keep him busy while he re-establishes himself. Maybe him and Rachel can bond over being rejected by Jean?

As for this being a dark time for the couple, I really disagree. They're both alive and they've both confirmed that their feelings for each other are still there. Regardless of the nonsense in AoXM, they're in a better place then we seen them since the start of New X-Men, if not before.

BANNED

Honestly, the guy who brought hell on Earth to kill his son and his granddaughter banging the love of his life will probably make Scott snap. Not even in a world of gods and mutants could karma be so freaking extreme. He'll probably drown himself in alcohol along with Logan lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    We knew this was coming. It was never going to make sense or be anything less than completely contrived. Let's not get too caught up in this until we see how far Marvel's willing to play this. Scott ended up with a wife and child once upon a time and that didn't stop Jott. I don't think this is likely to either.

That doesn't mean it will be pleasant. For now, I suggest we approach this like any other AU and see where it goes. Other than one Tweet a while ago, which was very vague, I don't recall seeing anything to suggest we need to get too uptight. Let's just cringe our way through it. Even if this does bleed out into the 616, I'm not too concerned. Scott has plenty to keep him busy while he re-establishes himself. Maybe him and Rachel can bond over being rejected by Jean?

As for this being a dark time for the couple, I really disagree. They're both alive and they've both confirmed that their feelings for each other are still there. Regardless of the nonsense in AoXM, they're in a better place then we seen them since the start of New X-Men, if not before.
    You are right, we have to wait and see what they will give us.
    in the worst case as you mention, well if finally Scott and Rachel can have a good relationship then fine, I will be sad because it will be at the expense of Jott but at least we will have something good from the Summers-grey family finally.

As for the dark times for the couple, before, one of them was dead, so that everything bad that happened was less strong since the other was not, but now that the two are alive at the same time and in this case Jean deside to be with Bishop over Scott that will considerably damage the couple and also open the doors to Scott have another new relationship therefore more drama and more love triangles, personally I think this is worse.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Honestly, the guy who brought hell on Earth to kill his son and his granddaughter banging the love of his life will probably make Scott snap. Not even in a world of gods and mutants could karma be so freaking extreme. He'll probably drown himself in alcohol along with Logan lol
    Yea I realized this too lmao. He and logan are going to have something in common. Oh lord Jeebus.

You are right, we have to wait and see what they will give us.
    in the worst case as you mention, well if finally Scott and Rachel can have a good relationship then fine, I will be sad because it will be at the expense of Jott but at least we will have something good from the Summers-grey family finally.

As for the dark times for the couple, before, one of them was dead, so that everything bad that happened was less strong since the other was not, but now that the two are alive at the same time and in this case Jean deside to be with Bishop over Scott that will considerably damage the couple and also open the doors to Scott have another new relationship therefore more drama and more love triangles, personally I think this is worse.
    I actually put a lot of stock in Rosenburg's tweets below because he's in a position to know and he's biased against Jott. It really puts this whole thing in context I think:

I actually put a lot of stock in Rosenburg's tweets below because he's in a position to know and he's biased against Jott. It really puts this whole thing in context I think:

Obviously this is not the end of Jott, we are far from it, but Rosemberg has said that while we should have good stuff the drama is necessary and that sadly includes love triangles and cheating, that is not good, thas what I don't want, the couple really looks bad today, many people believe that who Jean really loves is Wolverine, others that Scott's true love is Emma, ​​on YouTube I have seen comments saying that this relationship is really toxic if now we are going to add more love triangles and the strong not as the story with Psylocke that was a moment and then forgotten, I'm talking about something that can really have long-term repercussions, every time the story of Jean and Scott will stop being something cute and magical and will It will become something really toxic for both of them. I don't want to spend with them the same thing that happens with BB and Medusa, we are far from seeing the end of these two as a couple, but would you really consider them a great couple? I don't think so. The drama is necessary to a certain extent but Jott can be equal to Reed and Sue or Clark and Lois, both have their drama but they are still together without making the couple look bad.(hell even when they broke Clark and Lois so that SM and WW were finally together, they not hurt the relationship of Clark and Lois. Why Marvel can't do this with Jott?)

Anyway we should wait maybe we are lucky and soon we will see an X-factor 2.0

Mighty Member

Since Marvel's continuing to pee in our corn flakes, I'm having ideas again.

Enjoy. Particularly the easter eggs.

PROLOGUE: BACKUP PROTOCOL

CAPTION: Several years ago. Earth-616. Naples, Florida, USA. 11:57 p.m.

EXT. view of a plain, rectangular suburban hospital building in silhouette. A few windows are lit. In front of the building, a sign lit from below reads: Peacefield Extended Care.

INT. view looking down an empty hallway, dimly lit. In the foreground, off to the side, NURSE 1 sits alone behind a counter, her face lit by monitor screens.

NEWS ANCHOR (from one of the screens, a TV): …remain unclear at this hour. However, multiple sources have confirmed that terrorist and former ruler of Genosha, Magneto, was apparently decapitated in the incident. At least one member of the X-Men is believed dead as well, an as yet unidentified adult female. More updates after this quick break. This is Manoli Wetherell, NPR-TV.

INT. view of a room down the hall. In the dark, two patients—a man and a woman—lie silently in twin beds side by side, spaced a few feet apart.

Between the beds, the air begins to ripple. This small area of space quivers and twists as a form begins to appear. Within a few seconds, the outline of a woman settles into shape.

INT. view looking toward the door to the hallway. Hovering between the beds is a thin, elderly woman clad in a form-fitting, blood red body suit. Metal spikes run down the center from her collar to her abdomen as well as down her shoulders and the outside of her arms. Over it, she wears a loose fitting, pale blue robe, open in the front. Her hair is silver-white, put up in a topsy-turvy mop somehow held together by two protruding chopstick pins. Her brow is furrowed. Her eyes are piercing. Her lips are pursed.

This is MADAME SANCTITY.

She looks down at the two comatose patients.

SANCTITY: They had their chance.

Sanctity extends her arms and gestures at the two patients’ heads. A small, pink spark flares in the center of each’s forehead.

The man and woman slowly open their eyes. She murmurs softly. He curtly grunts.

WOMAN: …sssSlym…? Scott?

MAN: >coughs< Jean? What the—Nathan? Where’s Nath--

SANCTITY: You are needed.

EXT. view of the nurse’s station down the hall. NURSE 2, a fit, trim young woman with short red hair, approaches the counter. She’s dressed in nurse’s clothes and sneakers with a bag slung over her shoulder.

NURSE 2: Hey, I’m here.

NURSE 1 (the nurse behind the counter): It’s about time, D. This bunch was starting to wear me out.

The two nurses laugh together at the sarcastic remark.

KRRRREEETT—BOOM! Bright light flashes from the room down the hall, accompanied by a great tearing noise and what sounds like a thunderclap.

NURSE 1: What the--?

Only momentarily fazed, the young redhead drops her bag to the floor and runs toward the room. NURSE 1 stands up to fellow.

INT. the room down the hall, looking out the door. NURSE 2 stands in the doorway, her mouth open and her eyes wide. Wisps of vapor twirl over each vacant bed. Sanctity and the patient couple have disappeared.

NURSE 1 (approaching from behind): What’s happened?

NURSE 2: They’re gone.

NURSE 1: What?

NURSE 2: They’re gone. They’ve vanished.

NURSE 1: That doesn’t make any—how?!

NURSE 2: I don’t know. You stay here. I’ll call security. And the police.

NURSE 1 (standing in the doorway, befuddled): OK.

NURSE 2 runs down the hall, picks up her bag by the nurse’s station, and keeps going through a set of double doors. She continues down another corridor, around a corner, then down another corridor. Finding a vacant room, she enters and locks the door.

She sets her bag on an unoccupied bed, opens it, and pulls out a cell phone. After hurriedly dialing a set of digits with her thumb, she puts it to her ear.

LARGE PANEL SHOT of her tensely standing alone in alternating vertical bars of light and shadow as moonlight pours in through the window between narrow vertical blinds.

PHONE: >ringing<

VOICE (picking up after three rings): Thank you for calling Steranko, Harras, and Lee. Our normal business hours are—

Beep boop. NURSE 2 enters two more digits.

KLIK.

VOICE (on the phone): How does it go?

NURSE 2: Twice on Sundays.

VOICE (after a pause): Uhhm… >tapping of keyboard keys< Number?

NURSE 2: 80222.

Five seconds tick by. More tapping of keyboard keys.

VOICE: Um, I’m sorry, ma’am, but I think you have the—

NURSE 2: Bullshit.

VOICE: --wrong num-- >pause< Holy **** (whispered). Uh, sorry. Vector?

NURSE 2: Put me through to Fury. NOW.

INT. view of NICK FURY, JR.’s apartment. The bedroom. He’s asleep. After 4 or 5 rings reaches for a cell phone on the bedside table.

FURY, JR. (under his breath): What the…? Motherfucker…

Fury taps the phone and puts it to his ear.

FURY, JR: Fury. This damn well better be an emergency.

NURSE 2 (on the phone): Nick, it’s Daisy. They’re gone.

FURY, JR: Say what? Who is this—Daisy who? Johnson?

NURSE 2: No. Daisy Dugan. Remember? That couple you sent me down here to babysit? They’re gone. ODYSSEY and ARIZONA are in the wind.

TO BE CONTINUED?

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

I more concerned they will keep this relationship after age of xman just to force drama with cyclops/ jean. If it is only in context of this altered reality I'm ok with it.

Obviously this is not the end of Jott, we are far from it, but Rosemberg has said that while we should have good stuff the drama is necessary and that sadly includes love triangles and cheating, that is not good, thas what I don't want, the couple really looks bad today, many people believe that who Jean really loves is Wolverine, others that Scott's true love is Emma, ​​on YouTube I have seen comments saying that this relationship is really toxic if now we are going to add more love triangles and the strong not as the story with Psylocke that was a moment and then forgotten, I'm talking about something that can really have long-term repercussions, every time the story of Jean and Scott will stop being something cute and magical and will It will become something really toxic for both of them. I don't want to spend with them the same thing that happens with BB and Medusa, we are far from seeing the end of these two as a couple, but would you really consider them a great couple? I don't think so. The drama is necessary to a certain extent but Jott can be equal to Reed and Sue or Clark and Lois, both have their drama but they are still together without making the couple look bad.(hell even when they broke Clark and Lois so that SM and WW were finally together, they not hurt the relationship of Clark and Lois. Why Marvel can't do this with Jott?)

Anyway we should wait maybe we are lucky and soon we will see an X-factor 2.0
    I'd agree that there is good drama and bad drama. We're seeing bad drama now. X-Factor was bad drama to begin with, and became good drama later. Frankly an X-Factor 2.0 is the best case scenario.

At least with Morrison, he had the decency to kill of Jean before Whedon paraded Emma and Scott around. That sounds harsh but you can't have much drama is one of the players is dead. Yeah Logan growled a little and Rachel had her whole thing, but for the most part Scemma flew under the drama radar once it became an actual ship. Jean's returns in various forms were what created most of the drama that existed for them and most of that happened after they already had broken up.

Don't get me wrong. I would have preferred that Scott and Jean work it out rather than one of them being killed off, but if you aren't planning to do that, a verily long term physical separation is an okay way to go. This situation is really the first time we'll get to see a Scott and Jean alive at the same time, and in proximity, who aren't choosing to be together, simply so we can watch the train wreck happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, but Tyke hadn't actually been with Jean before. Older Scott is different.

Also, if this turns into Medusa/Black bolt, I think I'm out.
    Well blackbolt was being punished by the no-incest gods for marrying his first cousin so, I don't think Scott will ever have to worry about being turned into a soy boy.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

EXT. view of a plain, rectangular suburban hospital building in silhouette. A few windows are lit. In front of the building, a sign lit from below reads: Peacefield Extended Care.

INT. view looking down an empty hallway, dimly lit. In the foreground, off to the side, NURSE 1 sits alone behind a counter, her face lit by monitor screens.

NEWS ANCHOR (from one of the screens, a TV): …remain unclear at this hour. However, multiple sources have confirmed that terrorist and former ruler of Genosha, Magneto, was apparently decapitated in the incident. At least one member of the X-Men is believed dead as well, an as yet unidentified adult female. More updates after this quick break. This is Manoli Wetherell, NPR-TV.

INT. view of a room down the hall. In the dark, two patients—a man and a woman—lie silently in twin beds side by side, spaced a few feet apart.

Between the beds, the air begins to ripple. This small area of space quivers and twists as a form begins to appear. Within a few seconds, the outline of a woman settles into shape.

INT. view looking toward the door to the hallway. Hovering between the beds is a thin, elderly woman clad in a form-fitting, blood red body suit. Metal spikes run down the center from her collar to her abdomen as well as down her shoulders and the outside of her arms. Over it, she wears a loose fitting, pale blue robe, open in the front. Her hair is silver-white, put up in a topsy-turvy mop somehow held together by two protruding chopstick pins. Her brow is furrowed. Her eyes are piercing. Her lips are pursed.

This is MADAME SANCTITY.

Sanctity extends her arms and gestures at the two patients’ heads. A small, pink spark flares in the center of each’s forehead.

EXT. view of the nurse’s station down the hall. NURSE 2, a fit, trim young woman with short red hair, approaches the counter. She’s dressed in nurse’s clothes and sneakers with a bag slung over her shoulder.

NURSE 1 (the nurse behind the counter): It’s about time, D. This bunch was starting to wear me out.

KRRRREEETT—BOOM! Bright light flashes from the room down the hall, accompanied by a great tearing noise and what sounds like a thunderclap.

Only momentarily fazed, the young redhead drops her bag to the floor and runs toward the room. NURSE 1 stands up to fellow.

INT. the room down the hall, looking out the door. NURSE 2 stands in the doorway, her mouth open and her eyes wide. Wisps of vapor twirl over each vacant bed. Sanctity and the patient couple have disappeared.

NURSE 2 runs down the hall, picks up her bag by the nurse’s station, and keeps going through a set of double doors. She continues down another corridor, around a corner, then down another corridor. Finding a vacant room, she enters and locks the door.

She sets her bag on an unoccupied bed, opens it, and pulls out a cell phone. After hurriedly dialing a set of digits with her thumb, she puts it to her ear.

LARGE PANEL SHOT of her tensely standing alone in alternating vertical bars of light and shadow as moonlight pours in through the window between narrow vertical blinds.

VOICE (picking up after three rings): Thank you for calling Steranko, Harras, and Lee. Our normal business hours are—

KLIK.

INT. view of NICK FURY, JR.’s apartment. The bedroom. He’s asleep. After 4 or 5 rings reaches for a cell phone on the bedside table.

FURY, JR. (under his breath): What the…? ************…

NURSE 2: No. Daisy Dugan. Remember? That couple you sent me down here to babysit? They’re gone. ODYSSEY and ARIZONA are in the wind.

TO BE CONTINUED?
    I'd love to see where you're going with this. I like the ODYSSEY and ARIZONA word play. Where's SANCTITY sending our lovebirds this time? I feel like I missed something here...

Interesting writing style btw, quasi screenwriting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

This is MADAME SANCTITY.

KLIK.

FURY, JR. (under his breath): What the…? Motherfucker…

TO BE CONTINUED?

Now, this piques my curiosity. Primarily because it appears that Morrison's Jean and Scott weren't the real deal. Talk about a good start. Madame Sanctity, not a name I thought I'd see again.

I don't agree with Rosenberg. No denying, what he claims is the rule. However, there have been exceptions. Reed and Sue, historically, have not been defined by the drama and conflict in their relationship. And there are several other couples as well.

Comics book sales? Need someone a lot smarter than me to figure that one out. I don't think they are going away, but we all know where Disney makes their real money off these characters.

I don't agree with Rosenberg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, but Tyke hadn't actually been with Jean before. Older Scott is different.

Also, if this turns into Medusa/Black bolt, I think I'm out.
    I mean, this whole situation checks almost all the boxes the Black Bolt x Medusa relationship had
    - Male accused of doing something terrible in name of their people
    - Female is portrayed as 101% right on all things
    - Female has an all-new all-different relationship with a team member.
    - Male is on a really tight spot where all he can count on is his immortal partner-in-crime and whoever they could assemble to turn things around.
    - They're basically an universe away from each other.

It's actually kind of amusing.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I mean, this whole situation checks almost all the boxes the Black Bolt x Medusa relationship had
    - Male accused of doing something terrible in name of their people
    - Female is portrayed as 101% right on all things
    - Female has an all-new all-different relationship with a team member.
    - Male is on a really tight spot where all he can count on is his immortal partner-in-crime and whoever they could assemble to turn things around.
    - They're basically an universe away from each other.

It's actually kind of amusing.
    Amusing yes, but not in the way Marvel would most likely prefer. The similarities do worry me. The excitement of Scott's return is definitely bleeding out for me now.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia