Page 128 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2261
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    *reads spoilers*

Jesus Frikken Christ.

This board gonna be a huge **** tsunami come later on today.
    Yeah, I'm just happy the two usual suspects either don't wake up early or are stuck rising from the shadow realm, or else this place would be on fire.

I know there are some major issues with the writing (I actually can't stand this run AT all & I hate it when things are written terribly but I like something that comes from the result of it), in the vacuum of the jean/scott relationship all i have to say is

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like I said in another thread, this run doesn't really matter in the slightest, so much it could be out of continuity, and the fact that are characters killed there that are shown alive and well in HoX #1 is clear indicator of that, so the Emma being eeeeeevil and incompetent doesn't really matter. This a fan fiction by Rosenberg and JDW for a X-men that, apart from Jean being alive, never reallyThat said, if Hickman wanted Scott and Jean together, or didn't care at all (and we don't even know that for sure), they chose LITERALLY the worst possible way to do it- no talking or room to explore any issues or anything that really need to be addressed, it was really a **** you to Emma and to Logan first and foremost rather than a reunion (and there's no way Hickman told them do that, or that he wanted Emma to be evil and stupid, it was pure spite). Hell, this run didn't even bring Xavier to the table, is there more proof of incompetence than that?
    I haven't read it yet, but going by the spoilers it seems that this was a quick re-establishment of jott, it even sounds quite likely that they are finally ending the drama, Jean walking past Emma and Logan and kissing Scott if anything it can be accuses of being a too obvious symbolism. We already know that they had problems with the time and had to cut several things from this run, and Hickman doesn't like writing about personal drama, it's possible that he just wanted them together and didn't want to use space in his comic to do so, he's clearly aiming at making changes as big as Claremont and Morrison did when they got into the X-men, beyond what he wants not much from the past years will matter

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I haven't read it yet, but going by the spoilers it seems that this was a quick re-establishment of jott, it even sounds quite likely that they are finally ending the drama, Jean walking past Emma and Logan and kissing Scott if anything it can be accuses of being a too obvious symbolism. We already know that they had problems with the time and had to cut several things from this run, and Hickman doesn't like writing about personal drama, it's possible that he just wanted them together and didn't want to use space in his comic to do so, he's clearly aiming at making changes as big as Claremont and Morrison did when they got into the X-men, beyond what he wants not much from the past years will matter
    But if Hickman wanted them together (which we don't know for sure), they could have them meet calmly, talk, develop as characters while facing challenges...or just kiss like they were never separated or there was never any problems and don't address anything else, making it the moment more about Emma, or to a lesser extent, Logan, being rejected, than it's about them. The Scott that Rosenberg wrote is too much of a mess to be with anyone, Emma or Jean.

Nah, that moment needed to be more about cucking Emma, she deserves it and it is hilariously ironic

But if Hickman wanted them together (which we don't know for sure), they could have them meet calmly, talk, develop as characters while facing challenges...or just kiss like they were never separated or there was never any problems and don't address anything else, making it the moment more about Emma, or to a lesser extent, Logan, being rejected, than it's about them. The Scott that Rosenberg wrote is too much of a mess to be with anyone, Emma or Jean.
    The first takes time the second doesn't have the same symbolism
    They introduced Scott in the first issue of this run by having him try to kill himself twice and showed several times that he wasn't intending to end this alive and they never addressed that in the end, are you seriously expecting that they would dedicate time to something introduced at the end of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Nah, that moment needed to be more about cucking Emma, she deserves it and it is hilariously ironic
    Come on, I'm happy but there's no need to be assholes about it (and they weren't together so that term doesn't apply)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The first takes time the second doesn't have the same symbolism
    They introduced Scott in the first issue of this run by having him try to kill himself twice and showed several times that he wasn't intending to end this alive and they never addressed that in the end, are you seriously expecting that they would dedicate time to something introduced at the end of the story?
    The answer is pretty simple, and it's a question: why tell this story then? Hickman has a page complaining about writers destroying the toys without putting them back in the box, and seems to be addressed at Rosenberg. This run could simply have Jean at the start, since she didn't do anything in AoXM (she could have been injured and taken out of the fight in Disassembled, like Sam) or AoXM not happen at all.

Come on, I'm happy but there's no need to be assholes about it (and they weren't together so that term doesn't apply)
    Marvel seems to have forgotten this for quite some time- see also Death of X and IvX.

The answer is pretty simple, and it's a question: why tell this story then? Hickman has a page complaining about writers destroying the toys without putting them back in the box, and seems to be addressed at Rosenberg. This run could simply have Jean at the start, since she didn't do anything in AoXM (she could have been injured and taken out of the fight in Disassembled, like Sam) or AoXM not happen at all.

Marvel seems to have forgotten this for quite some time- see also Death of X and IvX.
    Emma and Scott weren't together since AvX, she just didn't get the message in Death of X and IvX, hopeful it is now clear

Fantastic Member

If Hickman's Avengers run is anything to go by, then my shot in the dark guess is

spoilers:
    if it is kept going and not set to a close friends relationship, Jott will be mostly a background concern while the characters are primarily a vehicle to explore high concepts and sci fi stuff. OTOH he progressed Cannonball and Smasher's relationship at light speed, so maybe it could end up being good or interesting regardless.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Rising7; 07-17-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Mighty Member

The circle is complete. Order is restored. The long winter has ended, and the sun shines once more.

For a little while, at least.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dorklops View Post
    I know there are some major issues with the writing (I actually can't stand this run AT all & I hate it when things are written terribly but I like something that comes from the result of it), in the vacuum of the jean/scott relationship all i have to say is
    Lol, that's how I feel. I almost can't believe they didn't denigrated the relationship but embraced it. I'm so used to it being treated badly.

I really I hope it is treated well (if they are even back together which i doubt but i'm happy to know that even for all that happened they still love each other.)

Incredible Member

What about Jean and Bishop? I assume all the characters are back from that reality? Jean has no memory of that?

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    What about Jean and Bishop? I assume all the characters are back from that reality? Jean has no memory of that?
    She was brainwashed into that relationship, it was never going to make it out of Nate's AU.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    She was brainwashed into that relationship, it was never going to make it out of Nate's AU.
    Someone really needs to force Marvel writers to learn about concent, just a simple basic "having sex while brainwashed = rape" "impersonating someone else to have sex = rape" and simple stuff like that