Page 107 of 151 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2261
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Actually? I would bet for a strong love triangle, in Uncanny 19 we see Emma again, they have really worked better with her than in Blue and her love for Scott is still constant and healthier than it was in Blue. On the other hand we have Scott and Jean who have reaffirmed that they still love each other and since they have returned they have shown that they care for each other, I don't know what will happen with Jean and Bishop, as I say that relationship is not nothing healthy having Lucas's history with Hope and Nathan. I know we will have a strong love triangle soon either Jean/Scott/Emma or Scott/Jean/Bishop each will have their own drama is just a matter of time to see what they will give us. I just hope that they handle it well and be a new X-factor.
    Again with the Bishop thing?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    is it true that Hickman mentioned that it does not matter what is published because everything starts again?
    not exactly related to the relationship but...
    Can you link the interview please?
    I have seen many people mentioning it but i don't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    is it true that Hickman mentioned that it does not matter what is published because everything starts again?
    It isn't a reboot, it's going to be a cutting point like Claremont and Morrison did, it isn't as much as it doesn't matter what is written now as it is more of what in manga is known as filler

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have zero expectations on hickman regarding their relationship, at best i hope we don't get another love triangle/morrison drama again.
    It is actually good that Hickman doesn't deal with so much personal stuff, the best hope for Jott to return and become like Reed and Sue is for the writers to put them back together and let that become a secondary thing, I would love it if they could dedicate at least from time to time an issue to a date like they used to do in the old days, but now the ongoings are rebooted so constantly that you rarely have those kinds of chapters.
    And if he isn't going to deal with personal lives so much (and Scott and Jean are almost certainly going to be in his future ongoing, he has praised how cool and important they are going to be under him) they aren't likely to be in a triangle, that's more of the soap opera kind of comic and that's the opposite of what he does

HoX4.jpg

Love how he has them fighting side by side, could be a good sign

Fantastic Member

not exactly related to the relationship but...
    Can you link the interview please?
    I have seen many people mentioning it but i don't find anything.
    I do not find anything official either, according to comments everything would start from the beginning, that is to say the Hickman event would be something like I present you to the characters and all the development of them is new.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    It is actually good that Hickman doesn't deal with so much personal stuff, the best hope for Jott to return and become like Reed and Sue is for the writers to put them back together and let that become a secondary thing, I would love it if they could dedicate at least from time to time an issue to a date like they used to do in the old days, but now the ongoings are rebooted so constantly that you rarely have those kinds of chapters.
    And if he isn't going to deal with personal lives so much (and Scott and Jean are almost certainly going to be in his future ongoing, he has praised how cool and important they are going to be under him) they aren't likely to be in a triangle, that's more of the soap opera kind of comic and that's the opposite of what he does
    Nah, if Hickman wanted Scott & Jean as a couple, or at least he wanted them together at the start of the story, then Marvel would have put them back already; all you needed was have her not go go AoX, and you know JDW would love to bring back the status quo of them together, plus add a love triangle with Logan in Rosenberg's UXM if they could.

In fact, like I said before in another thread, I have my suspicion that the main reason, or at least a big part of it, for this whole Age of X-man non-sense is that Marvel's plan was put Scott & Jean back together right away when he returned in Extermination, but Hickman didn't want them together, either at all, or at least at the start of the story, and they panicked because they had no idea what do now- never mind the fact that part of the point of the two most popular runs of the X-men in the 21st century was Scott moving on from Jean, and that it would be very easy to keep them apart by simply have Scott with a secret, X-force style type of team and the world not knowing he's alive (but JDW and Rosenberg clearly want boyscout Cyclops and not the Rightclops). And, even if you want them back together already, certainly wouldn't be good for Scott's mental health to jump to a serious relationship right away (and yes, I would say the same thing about getting back with Emma immediately).

Mind you, I have no proof of that, but it fits too perfectly- even with AoXM, why wouldn't Marvel exploit the chance of pushing Scott & Jean back together in a book, with Wolverine no less, to gather some sales and hype before Hickman takes over, right before a DPS movie is released? I can see no better explanation than their nostalgia-infused version of the X-men doesn't see why Scott wouldn't want to get back together with Jean immediately, even if it wouldn't be good for him.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 06-11-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, if Hickman wanted Scott & Jean as a couple, or at least he wanted them together at the start of the story, then Marvel would have put them back already; all you needed was have her not go go AoX, and you know JDW would love to bring back the status quo of them together, plus add a love triangle with Logan in Rosenberg's UXM if they could.

In fact, like I said before in another thread, I have my suspicion that the main reason, or at least a big part of it, for this whole Age of X-man non-sense is that Marvel's plan was put Scott & Jean back together right away when he returned in Extermination, but Hickman didn't want them together, either at all, or at least at the start of the story, and they panicked because they had no idea what do now- never mind the fact that part of the point of the two most popular runs of the X-men in the 21st century was Scott moving on from Jean, and that it would be very easy to keep them apart by simply have Scott with a secret, X-force style type of team and the world not knowing he's alive (but JDW and Rosenberg clearly want boyscout Cyclops and not the Rightclops). And, even if you want them back together already, certainly wouldn't be good for Scott's mental health to jump to a serious relationship right away (and yes, I would say the same thing about getting back with Emma immediately).

Mind you, I have no proof of that, but it fits too perfectly- even with AoXM, why wouldn't Marvel exploit the chance of pushing Scott & Jean back together in a book, with Wolverine no less, to gather some sales and hype before Hickman takes over, right before a DPS movie is released? I can see no better explanation than their nostalgia-infused version of the X-men doesn't see why Scott wouldn't want to get back together with Jean immediately, even if it wouldn't be good for him.
    Didn't they say that the current UXM run was born out of Scott not being reborn in time for the start of Age of X-man? And the way he talked about the current run sounded to me like he wasn't controlling what was happening, he takes over when his run starts

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Didn't they say that the current UXM run was born out of Scott not being reborn in time for the start of Age of X-man? And the way he talked about the current run sounded to me like he wasn't controlling what was happening, he takes over when his run starts
    According to Hickman's comments in that interview a while back, what Rosenberg and the Age of X-Man writers are doing is independent of him. That is, he's not directing them. Therefore, any direction they are receiving is presumably coming from JDW and Marvel editorial.

The current UXM run is because Rosenberg, and presumably JDW, felt Scott needed a degree of redemption before the Hickman relaunch. Based on how the stories have played out, what Rosenberg is doing in practice is providing a coda to the "Extinction era" of the franchise that began with Morrison. He's revisiting the era's core themes and tying up loose ends. This is similar to what Scott Lobdell did back in 2001 in the months leading up to the Morrison relaunch.

Scott and Jean aren't back together because Marvel doesn't want them back together. For whatever reason. Given the X-writers' comments in this week's X-Men Monday, my suspicion is that: 1) the push over the couple of years, with Tyke and Jeen then Phoenix Resurrection and Extermination, to have Scott and Jean gravitate back together was a Paniccia initiative; 2) that push ground to a halt once Paniccia left and JDW took over as editor; 3) Age of X-Man was a stopgap pitched by Nadler and Zac Thompson and approved by JDW to, at least in part, forestall a Jott reunion as long as possible or even entirely.

We won't know exactly what Hickman's plans for Scott and Jean are for at least another month. If the covers are any indication, they'll at least be working together.

I've said it before; I'm saying it again: Marvel is really, really not interested in portraying a married Jott. It ages the characters too much for the current editorial regime's tastes and, in their opinion, limits too many potential story avenues. Their preferred mode for Scott and Jean is will-they-or-won't-they. If we get any Jott at all under Hickman, that's what it will likely be. That, or they won't be romantically involved at all.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    According to Hickman's comments in that interview a while back, what Rosenberg and the Age of X-Man writers are doing is independent of him. That is, he's not directing them. Therefore, any direction they are receiving is presumably coming from JDW and Marvel editorial.

The current UXM run is because Rosenberg, and presumably JDW, felt Scott needed a degree of redemption before the Hickman relaunch. Based on how the stories have played out, what Rosenberg is doing in practice is providing a coda to the "Extinction era" of the franchise that began with Morrison. He's revisiting the era's core themes and tying up loose ends. This is similar to what Scott Lobdell did back in 2001 in the months leading up to the Morrison relaunch.

Scott and Jean aren't back together because Marvel doesn't want them back together. For whatever reason. Given the X-writers' comments in this week's X-Men Monday, my suspicion is that: 1) the push over the couple of years, with Tyke and Jeen then Phoenix Resurrection and Extermination, to have Scott and Jean gravitate back together was a Paniccia initiative; 2) that push ground to a halt once Paniccia left and JDW took over as editor; 3) Age of X-Man was a stopgap pitched by Nadler and Zac Thompson and approved by JDW to, at least in part, forestall a Jott reunion as long as possible or even entirely.

We won't know exactly what Hickman's plans for Scott and Jean are for at least another month. If the covers are any indication, they'll at least be working together.

I've said it before; I'm saying it again: Marvel is really, really not interested in portraying a married Jott. It ages the characters too much for the current editorial regime's tastes and, in their opinion, limits too many potential story avenues. Their preferred mode for Scott and Jean is will-they-or-won't-they. If we get any Jott at all under Hickman, that's what it will likely be. That, or they won't be romantically involved at all.
    The recent X-Men monday felt very anti-Jott. It's almost as if they viewed Scott as a potential leech and obstacle for Jean's personal progression as a character. It's quite disappointing. The little hope I had was crushed...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    The recent X-Men monday felt very anti-Jott. It's almost as if they viewed Scott as a potential leech and obstacle for Jean's personal progression as a character. It's quite disappointing. The little hope I had was crushed...
    Didn't you know? It's super trendy to insist that Scott did nothing but hurt Jean and hold her back, despite almost 45 years of writing to the contrary!

I agree. Much of the tone felt very anti-Scott specifically. Many of the creators seemed to buy into the narrative that Scott was just an impediment to Jean’s success as a character. Silly given how high her profile has always been in the X-Books. These are the people who should really know better.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

Both Rosenberg and JDW said Scott's need redemption, but provided no reason as to why- because, of course, there isn't any, and that's why all the rants by Havok and whining, including by Scott himself, are ridiculous, since they are extremely vague. Hickman, based on how he wrote him in the one AvX issue he wrote, plus in New Avengers, clearly sees no need for any redemption and will just ignore whatever Rosenberg wrote.

JDW already said Scott & Jean is his favorite couple (and he's clearly an illusion of change kind of guy), and it's pretty clear Marvel was moving towards them together and everything back to the status quo (including Emma and Magneto as villains) before JH was signed on. If Hickman wanted them together at the start of the story (and I don't mean MARRIED, because they won't), they would be together in UXM, and they would explore the will they/won't they before putting them together again by the end; so yeah, AoX is partially a stop-gap to not have them as a couple at the start of HoX.

The problem, of course, is that the stop gap was completely unnecessary- they could not be together because it would be unhealthy for Scott to move to any relationship right now, and even be in different teams simply because Scott wanted to explore the advantage of the enemies of the X-men not knowing he's alive, while Jean made her business to be a very public figure.

The issue really is this view that Scott needs any sort of redemption & has to want to be with Jean (and she with him) if he's alive, which goes back to this heavily nostalgia inspired view that JDW seems to have, that "all the X-men need to be heroes" bullshit, which wasn't true ever since Wolverine joined the team, and even more in the Mutant Massacre/Outback era..

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, that was a downer, and that's the people working on the X-books. It didn't give me any hope for the future quite the contrary. It sucks, imagine saying that about Emma or Bishop or whatever comes after those.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-11-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Yeah, that was a downer, and that's the people working on the X-books. It didn't give me any hope for the future quite the contraty. It sucks, imagine saying that about Emma or Bishop or whatever comes after those.
    It is fairly clear they one (and ONLY ONE) view for how the X-Men should be, and they will smash on the pegs with sledgehammers to make sure they fit, even if they are broken and unrecognizable afterwards.