Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Wait, what?
    Emma/Mastermind turned Jean into Dark Phoenix. According to Omega's logic, Cyclops should have wanted nothing to do with Emma. You might not care about Bishop being black but lot's of people do. Comics are not known for having a diverse readership.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I wonder if anyone would be cheering for this current direction if it was Bishop instead of Wolverine?
    Jean's romance with Bishop was a plot device for the sake of Prisoner X happening. The only people who would cheer genuinely for that are Bishop fans who want him getting some and Jean fans who hate Cyclops.

Furthermore, there were no years of teasing, AU, multimedia portrayal and whatnot of Jean and Bishop, unlike Jean and Logan who are seen by many as a more legitimate pairing than her and Scott.

There is no comparison between these things.

BANNED

Emma/Mastermind turned Jean into Dark Phoenix. According to Omega's logic, Cyclops should have wanted nothing to do with Emma.
    This is an incredible and amusing reach, but I will have to disagree. Jean killed herself on the moon.

You might not care about Bishop being black but lot's of people do.
    That's nice. Racists aren't my problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Jean's romance with Bishop was a plot device for the sake of Prisoner X happening. The only people who would cheer genuinely for that are Bishop fans who want him getting some and Jean fans who hate Cyclops.
    I don't hate Cyclops at all. I am all for Jean moving past Scott with someone if she so desires. I'd be fine with Bishop, who I'd find more interesting than what I feel is a frankly tired longing setup with Logan. But I also find the apparent polyamory setup with Scott, Logan and Emma to be the most interesting the Scott/Jean pairing has been for me in ages, so I am fine with all those pairings, including Scott and Jean. And who knows what Jean and Logan paired up would be like if it actually was consummated? (No, X-Men Forever doesn't count, thank God.)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Emma/Mastermind turned Jean into Dark Phoenix. According to Omega's logic, Cyclops should have wanted nothing to do with Emma.
    Well, that was definitely wrong at the time. And I agree with that reasoning but it happened so long that many people don't remember or care. But I must admit is one of those things that turned me off of scemma. At the start I couldn't even believe that.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    But I also find the apparent polyamory setup with Scott, Logan and Emma to be the most interesting the Scott/Jean pairing has been for me in ages, so I am fine with all those pairings, including Scott and Jean. And who knows what Jean and Logan paired up would be like if it actually was consummated? (No, X-Men Forever doesn't count, thank God.)

Well technically Jean and Scott haven't been a couple since what the end of the search for Cyclops? many people were still using diapers by then. I don't think anybody enjoys the nonexistent relationship or the love triangles in between that this has been since then.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-17-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Emma/Mastermind turned Jean into Dark Phoenix. According to Omega's logic, Cyclops should have wanted nothing to do with Emma. You might not care about Bishop being black but lot's of people do. Comics are not known for having a diverse readership.
    And Emma sexually assaulted him when she said she was a therapist and it was part of a therapy. Doctors cant have sex with patients saying it was a therapy. She was lying, so Scott shouldn't really not have anything to do with her

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well, that was definitely wrong at the time. And I agree with that reasoning but it happened so long that many people don't remember or care. But I must admit is one of those things that turned me off of scemma. At the start I couldn't even believe that.
    People didn't forget, it is one of the most iconic x-men stories. It just that people like the character and ignore it
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-17-2019 at 06:02 AM.

Lol, I thought for a moment this was the rectangle thread. So much discussion about other characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean and Scott seem to be living happily as a family in the same house as their kids! Let's just celebrate that whether you like the possible poly/open relationship stuff or not.
    Yeah that was cute, I hope they at least get something cute out of this while it last

There is a rectangle thread for discussing how much you hate whatever. This is an appreciation thread.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I wonder if anyone would be cheering for this current direction if it was Bishop instead of Wolverine?
    Frankly that sounds more interesting to me. Less explored territory there.

Do people forget this thread is about Jean/Scott?
    there are tons of other threads to talk about other characters or ships
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-17-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Amazing Member

If you take out that damn bedroom diagram, I loved X-Men #1. Family unit stuff, it felt right to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Yes, we saw Scott, Jean, and Logan (and Kurt, Monet, and Mystique) die fighting Orchis. (And if my fellow Jott shippers are wondering why I'm being uncharacteristically chill about the polyamory thing, that's a big part of why.)

Personally, I suspect those may have been back-up copies as well and that the originals were either already dead or on ice somewhere, but there hasn't been anything shown on-panel to confirm that.
    I thought your reaction was less critical than I would have expected. I guess this explains why. Have to wait and see if these characters are the real deal or not.

This has probably been discussed ad nauseum so sorry for that but i dont wanna comb thru pages upon pages of discoures rn... do we know what Scott and Jean "are" right now? Teammates with history, or right back where the they left off? Reading this week's issue and HoX didnt really give me a solid enough sense, but they weirdly seem simultaneously married and ignorant to each other...esp in X-Men where Jean is apparently the Summers matriarch but then her and Scott dont talk and Logan's there for threesome purposes i guess? I mean theres literally no other connection be tweet him and the Summerses...anyways guess i was just interested to hear what everyone's take is

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I mean, Jean and Bishop 100% hooked up in Age of X-Man.
    Yes, I know, but it wasn't as big and important as we were told it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Well i haven't posted in a long time and haven't read the recent Hickman stuff and don't plan to, only read some vague spoilers, so basically every mutant alive are new versions of the originals with their memories intact ? if so then this poly stuff makes no damn sense and very out of character for all 3 characters involved, i feel they may be manipulated into this, but i can see the writer/editors double down on this horseshit, if this is supposed to be a new permanent status quo for these characters then Marvel have permanently ruined any semblance of appeal and importance left of the Jott relationship, unless this nonsense is retconned later this pairing will always be played for laughs as just something just messed up by the casual audience, i'm crushed as a fan of the pairing that it has come to this, Jean casually hooking up with Logan is the worst and the last thing i ever wanted in a mainline X-Book, plus Scott giving the ok to that is pure fanfiction, i've already fallen off of recent X-Men/Marvel stuff think it's time i permanently dropped them, but i guess i'll occasionally lurk here to see where this **** show is going only to feel worse. I already miss Tyke and Jeen from the Bendis era and wished they replaced their older versions and started afresh moving on from all their previous baggage, triangles and other stuff, but that was never gonna happen, whats happening now is a million times worse with doubling down on all their worst aspects making them look so unappealing as a couple, Jott is supposed to be a feel good pairing you want to root for, but with the way Marvel is treating them i want to forget and move on from this pairing and X-Men as a whole. Sorry for this rant.
    Over the years there have been little moments between Jean and Logan but I never saw them as something important, for me they were just like when you are attracted to someone hot nothing else, Jogan is really famous today thanks to Fox's movies but it wasn't really a big deal, Logan never got to bed with Jean and now out of nowhere she and Scott have decided to have a polyamorous relationship and Logan is inside? How does Scott agree with this? and if so how is this out of panel? It is a drastic change, it is as if in a comic we see Superman and Lois married and the next one they are in a relationship where Lois doesn't care if Clark is with Diana or Maxima in the same time tha with her ... well this is more or less the same.
    This has nothing to do with the Jott we know, and we would never have imagined the characters we know in a polyamorous relationship, I mean that Emma wouldn't agree with that and that she has always been less reserved than Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed. I find the discussions about polyamory surrounding Scott and Jean to be based on a whole lot of assumptions. Until it's cleared up on-panel, I think we're just speculating. I was just happy to see them living together as a family with their kids, which they haven't done in years. It's a refreshing change of pace from all the drama and tragedy that have plagued this relationship for years. And I think it's worth celebrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    If you take out that damn bedroom diagram, I loved X-Men #1. Family unit stuff, it felt right to me.
    I agree, let's wait to see what really happens. I Really enjoy the interactions between Nathan and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    This has probably been discussed ad nauseum so sorry for that but i dont wanna comb thru pages upon pages of discoures rn... do we know what Scott and Jean "are" right now? Teammates with history, or right back where the they left off? Reading this week's issue and HoX didnt really give me a solid enough sense, but they weirdly seem simultaneously married and ignorant to each other...esp in X-Men where Jean is apparently the Summers matriarch but then her and Scott dont talk and Logan's there for threesome purposes i guess? I mean theres literally no other connection be tweet him and the Summerses...anyways guess i was just interested to hear what everyone's take is
    Yes, the fact that Wolverine is in the Summers house is still weird, I heard it was for the Comics to sell more ... of course, but it's still weird.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 10-18-2019 at 04:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Scott and Jean haven't been a couple for many years, so whatever terms they had before don't necessarily apply- if they are actually a couple right now, rather than exes who sleep with each other regularly. In that meantime, both of them died and were literal Gods and have been through a lot of stuff. Also, Jean gave her full consent to Scott being with Emma.