Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2261
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeRustlingster View Post
    No offense to people who like it, but this whole polyamory and wifesharing thing is pretty disgusting in my view. Way to ruin iconic comic characters, for me it seems totally out of character for all involved. Especially now that people are making Scott and Logan a thing, which is ewwww as hell.
    Im not following whats disgusting abt the possibility of Cyclops and Logan banging?

I've stopped reading the comics for a few years now but occasionally read spoilers every now and then but i'm real confused, aren't the real Scott Jean and Logan actually dead ? and aren't these versions basically new bodies with the memories of the originals copied in them ? can these versions of characters even be considered canon or considered the same ones as their original dead ones ?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    I've stopped reading the comics for a few years now but occasionally read spoilers every now and then but i'm real confused, aren't the real Scott Jean and Logan actually dead ? and aren't these versions basically new bodies with the memories of the originals copied in them ? can these versions of characters even be considered canon or considered the same ones as their original dead ones ?
    They are the real Scott, Jean and Logan as much as any character is the real deal. If you don't consider them "the originals", then every character that teleported once is not the original because they rearranged their molecules while doing so.

Nice profile, Joker.

Mighty Member

I've stopped reading the comics for a few years now but occasionally read spoilers every now and then but i'm real confused, aren't the real Scott Jean and Logan actually dead ? and aren't these versions basically new bodies with the memories of the originals copied in them ?
    Yes, we saw Scott, Jean, and Logan (and Kurt, Monet, and Mystique) die fighting Orchis. (And if my fellow Jott shippers are wondering why I'm being uncharacteristically chill about the polyamory thing, that's a big part of why.)

Personally, I suspect those may have been back-up copies as well and that the originals were either already dead or on ice somewhere, but there hasn't been anything shown on-panel to confirm that.

Fans keep saying this but if you read the issue where they were resurrected they directly address this. Polaris poses this question and Magneto corrects her. Xavier puts the anima or soul back into the mutant shell. So there is your answer. Their mind is put back into the cloned body. We are who we are because of our mind (memories, memories of experiences, etc). The soul is basically our brain (or what is stored in there), so they are all good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Fans keep saying this but if you read the issue where they were resurrected they directly address this. Polaris poses this question and Magneto corrects her. Xavier puts the anima or soul back into the mutant shell. So there is your answer. Their mind is put back into the cloned body. We are who we are because of our mind (memories, memories of experiences, etc). The soul is basically our brain (or what is stored in there), so they are all good.
    It's not a transfer. It's a re-creation from a back-up copy. And, keep in mind this is all in a fictional universe where souls and the afterlife have been confirmed to exist.

I fully expect a story at some point during Hickman's run wherein the Five "resurrect" someone who turns out not to be dead, and we end up with two of them running around, each claiming to be the real person.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It's not a transfer. It's a re-creation from a back-up copy. And, keep in mind this is all in a fictional universe where souls and the afterlife have been confirmed to exist.

I fully expect a story at some point during Hickman's run wherein the Five "resurrect" someone who turns out not to be dead, and we end up with two of them running around, each claiming to be the real person.
    I suspect much the same

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They are the real Scott, Jean and Logan as much as any character is the real deal. If you don't consider them "the originals", then every character that teleported once is not the original because they rearranged their molecules while doing so.
    Well i haven't posted in a long time and haven't read the recent Hickman stuff and don't plan to, only read some vague spoilers, so basically every mutant alive are new versions of the originals with their memories intact ? if so then this poly stuff makes no damn sense and very out of character for all 3 characters involved, i feel they may be manipulated into this, but i can see the writer/editors double down on this horseshit, if this is supposed to be a new permanent status quo for these characters then Marvel have permanently ruined any semblance of appeal and importance left of the Jott relationship, unless this nonsense is retconned later this pairing will always be played for laughs as just something just messed up by the casual audience, i'm crushed as a fan of the pairing that it has come to this, Jean casually hooking up with Logan is the worst and the last thing i ever wanted in a mainline X-Book, plus Scott giving the ok to that is pure fanfiction, i've already fallen off of recent X-Men/Marvel stuff think it's time i permanently dropped them, but i guess i'll occasionally lurk here to see where this **** show is going only to feel worse. I already miss Tyke and Jeen from the Bendis era and wished they replaced their older versions and started afresh moving on from all their previous baggage, triangles and other stuff, but that was never gonna happen, whats happening now is a million times worse with doubling down on all their worst aspects making them look so unappealing as a couple, Jott is supposed to be a feel good pairing you want to root for, but with the way Marvel is treating them i want to forget and move on from this pairing and X-Men as a whole. Sorry for this rant.
    Last edited by sagiravi; 10-17-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly. Some people might see the 4 of them together in bed and still deny it.

No, because Bishop spend 15 years trying to murder Jean's son and granddaughter.
    Didn't stop Cyclops from hooking up with someone responsible for his wife's death

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean and Scott seem to be living happily as a family in the same house as their kids! Let's just celebrate that whether you like the possible poly/open relationship stuff or not.
    Agreed. I find the discussions about polyamory surrounding Scott and Jean to be based on a whole lot of assumptions. Until it's cleared up on-panel, I think we're just speculating. I was just happy to see them living together as a family with their kids, which they haven't done in years. It's a refreshing change of pace from all the drama and tragedy that have plagued this relationship for years. And I think it's worth celebrating.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

I don't think it matters if its a transfer or a backed up copy. The copy still contains the essences or soul of the mutant. Again it is stated on panel. I know in the Marvel Universe the "soul" exists but a soul in every day real life is basically what we call our inner self which all comes from the various components in our brains which in fiction translates to your mind. If your mind is backed up then your soul is backed up IMO.

I don't doubt that in the future a writer and editor team will screw all this up in the way you suggest by trying to say these folks aren't the real deal because people really struggle with this. The "soul" even though we use it often is more of a social cultural construction that often has religious ties but in the biological world what makes us, "us" is the stuff stored in our literal brains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Didn't stop Cyclops from hooking up with someone responsible for his wife's death
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Absolutely. Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Wait, what?
    Why do you keep playing dumb?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Why do you keep playing dumb?
    I literally have no idea what you are talking about. Magneto/Xorn killed Jean, Scott didn't **** him. And am I supposed to say I wouldn't like Bishop paired with Jean because he's black? I don't give a ****, bring it on.