Page 102 of 151 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I found this one
    https://vieryplus.tumblr.com/post/185373701256
    Attachment 83112.

We will probably have to satisfy us with fanfiction and fan art for a long time, i really don't expect anything from Hickman for this relationship, it is better to don't have expectations.
    I always love it when Scott is a bit grumpy but Jean softens him.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This is so cute...!

BABY CABLE
    That is just adorable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That is just adorable.
    For the Wave 1 or Wave 2 books, I'd sell everything I owned for a Summers-Grey family book where Jean and Scott finally get some alone time with Cable

I need more of these 3 together:

Oh, I guess the other members could join, too, lol.

It could be like Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, but more mature!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-06-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

One of the greatest missed opportunities by Marvel is that they have never given us a book starring the whole family Summers-Grey family, or at the very least, more than two members of it at the same time. The closest we have now is Uncanny with 3, but even so Alex doesn't seem to acknowledge Hope as family at all, and she is written basically as a little psychopath, so it doesn't count.

Hell, if you throw there Lorna (as Alex ex, not together, please), Emma and Magneto, and the whole thing writes itself for a hundred issues, easily, just on the drama alone. If you bring Pietro and Wanda as Mags children again, then the sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    One of the greatest missed opportunities by Marvel is that they have never given us a book starring the whole family Summers-Grey family, or at the very least, more than two members of it at the same time. The closest we have now is Uncanny with 3, but even so Alex doesn't seem to acknowledge Hope as family at all, and she is written basically as a little psychopath, so it doesn't count.

Hell, if you throw there Lorna (as Alex ex, not together, please), Emma and Magneto, and the whole thing writes itself for a hundred issues, easily, just on the drama alone. If you bring Pietro and Wanda as Mags children again, then the sky is the limit.
    Totally, but I think bringing in extended family and old relationships would really dilute the familial atmosphere I'm looking for in my never-going-to-happen book . You could totally do it, but if I had control I'd make the book with the following cast:

Scott

Jean

Cable

Hope

Rachel

Alex

Guest starring...!

Mr. Sinister

Madelyne Pryor

Now I know that I said I didn't want to dilute the family, but Maddie was Scott's wife, Jean's clone, and carried Cable. I'd imagine Sinister would be the main antagonist as they try to settle their family, what with his involvement in much of the Summers-Grey family tree, and Maddie would be, like, the reluctant family member, forced to be there 'cause **** Sinister! I also wouldn't like Scott's dad or Vulcan in the story, I don't think they've been as involved in the family as the rest. I could be convinced to let Emma make an appearance, but that'd be unnecessary drama which Maddie covers!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-06-2019 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Format clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Plus throw in Logan, who’s always had a thing for Jean (or is it because she’s a redhead, like Rose? I know he had similar feelings for Heather, MJ (briefly), etc)
    Wolverine's never been a real threat to the couple. He mostly sulked off to the side

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine's never been a real threat to the couple. He mostly sulked off to the side
    This. Emma was the bigger threat to Jott than Logan ever was.

But imo, Jean may have had an attraction to Logan, but she loved Scott and so she'd never act on it. Scott was the man for her. After his ordeal & issues, he pulled away from her emotionally and stopped having sex with her. THAT is when Jean went to Logan. But that seemed more depression at her partner shutting down on her and seeking the wrong kind of comfort from someone else t-hat she really would rather be getting from Scott.

Similar to Buffy x Spike. Buffy spent many seasons hating Spike, then eventually tolerating him while rejecting his romantic advances. It took her dying and coming back to life with PTSD before she made her way to him sexually. Mentally stable, she wasn't the least interested. After their first night together, Spike says vampires get her hot & she says only one vampire got her hot, but that one is gone. Then she notes Spike is convenient.

And I see Jean as being the same with Logan. She's depressed & Scott has shut the door on her, so she went to him unwisely. But unlike thirsty as Hell Spike, Logan had the self-respect to say no. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-06-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    On top of that, Wolverine has more romantic entanglements than almost any other comic book character in history. Seriously, find a prominent female character. Chances are Wolverine has hooked up with them at some point. This is a man who hooked up with Squirrel Girl, for crying out loud. It's not even an AU. It's canon that they hooked up.

The only one who was really serious about making Logan a threat was Chris Claremont and the editors always overruled him, which was for the better. The love triangle with Emma Frost was done horribly, but at least she didn't have Logan's baggage. That made the relationship at least somewhat believable, but only to a point. As Namor himself pointed out during the Fear Itself tie-in, they never married. They were never going to marry. Their relationship just wasn't that deep. Even in "The End," which Chris Claremont wrote, he acknowledged that Jean and Scott still loved each other through Maddie.

Wolverine is one of those characters who can never be in a long-term relationship because he's like James Bond. It would detract from core aspects of his character. He can still flirt and complicate things, which makes for plenty of drama, but it can never truly supplant the love that Cyclops and Jean Grey share.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Comic Geek in General

Totally, but I think bringing in extended family and old relationships would really dilute the familial atmosphere I'm looking for in my never-going-to-happen book . You could totally do it, but if I had control I'd make the book with the following cast:

Scott

Jean

Cable

Hope

Rachel

Alex

Guest starring...!

Mr. Sinister

Madelyne Pryor

Now I know that I said I didn't want to dilute the family, but Maddie was Scott's wife, Jean's clone, and carried Cable. I'd imagine Sinister would be the main antagonist as they try to settle their family, what with his involvement in much of the Summers-Grey family tree, and Maddie would be, like, the reluctant family member, forced to be there 'cause **** Sinister! I also wouldn't like Scott's dad or Vulcan in the story, I don't think they've been as involved in the family as the rest. I could be convinced to let Emma make an appearance, but that'd be unnecessary drama which Maddie covers!
    If this ever happens, I wouldn’t mind......(I give a year or two for them to get the relationship back on track......I maintain this belief since they finally let Ben and Alicia get married , Peter is back with MJ, Wanda and Vision are probably on the road back......heck, New 52 tried to split Lois and Clark, but first Convergence revealed that the Pre Flashpoint Superman and Lois where still around and had Jon, then Rebirth first had PF Superman be the de facto Superman, then Reborn merged Lois and Clark with their N52 Versions, restoring much of Superman’s history......Barry and Iris are once again together, as well as Hal and Carol, Ollie and Dinah (I think)......Arthur and Mera where still a couple at the start of N52.......)

The point is that Comic Book Couples are Cyclical in nature......the couples could drift apart due to Editorial or Writer interference tend to find each other later on, usually due to new writers or editorial.........Scott and Jean are in that situation, all that’s needed is the fictional relationship to have a champion in the creative team......will it happen with Hickman or the other incoming writers, we’ll have to wait to see......as long as there’s hope there’s something (or is that involving Rebellions? Or Blue Lanterns?)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Namor pointing out Scott never asked Emma to marry him was non-sense, though, and an artificial way to create tension between them. First of all, Scott was with Jean for a lot longer than he was with Emma when he first asked to marry her in DPS. Second, anyone with common sense can understand that a guy who had two marriages that were in a very bad state and would almost certainly end anyway, before BOTH the women were killed in battle with supervillains, would hesitate before asking anyone to marry him again.

But I agree with your point about Logan. Among other things, having him in a serious relationship would make it impossible for him to be in 300 books at the same time.

Oh, and the Wolverine and Squirrel Girl thing was hilarious, a great joke by Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    If this ever happens, I wouldn’t mind......(I give a year or two for them to get the relationship back on track......I maintain this belief since they finally let Ben and Alicia get married , Peter is back with MJ, Wanda and Vision are probably on the road back......heck, New 52 tried to split Lois and Clark, but first Convergence revealed that the Pre Flashpoint Superman and Lois where still around and had Jon, then Rebirth first had PF Superman be the de facto Superman, then Reborn merged Lois and Clark with their N52 Versions, restoring much of Superman’s history......Barry and Iris are once again together, as well as Hal and Carol, Ollie and Dinah (I think)......Arthur and Mera where still a couple at the start of N52.......)

The point is that Comic Book Couples are Cyclical in nature......the couples could drift apart due to Editorial or Writer interference tend to find each other later on, usually due to new writers or editorial.........Scott and Jean are in that situation, all that’s needed is the fictional relationship to have a champion in the creative team......will it happen with Hickman or the other incoming writers, we’ll have to wait to see......as long as there’s hope there’s something (or is that involving Rebellions? Or Blue Lanterns?)
    For sure, for sure! Status quo couples always come back. It's all about now or later. I'm praying for now!

I hate to detract from Jott, but Wanda and Vision are on the road back? I thought she was moving in with some other Avenger?

Also, Scott x Jean, Reed x Sue, Pete x MJ, and Lois x Clark are comicbook constants. You can't change them forever.

Look at this family bein' all cute!

I hate to detract from Jott, but Wanda and Vision are on the road back?
    I wouldn't say that yet. They're getting along well with each other again but just good friends at the moment.

I thought she was moving in with some other Avenger?
    Wanda is in a relationship with Brother Voodoo and yes, they recently moved in together.
    Last edited by The Man With The Stick; 06-06-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

For sure, for sure! Status quo couples always come back. It's all about now or later. I'm praying for now!

I hate to detract from Jott, but Wanda and Vision are on the road back? I thought she was moving in with some other Avenger?

Also, Scott x Jean, Reed x Sue, Pete x MJ, and Lois x Clark are comicbook constants. You can't change them forever.
    Wanda and Vision are complicated. Wanda is currently with Vodoo but Marvel has teased Vision a lot too.
    Relationships are really complicated on Marvel.
    For example just look at Peter/MJ, they both have dated other people (Spidey much more, he even has other popular ships) but that doesn't mean that they don't love each other, they do, they are OTP but marvel is not always interested on writing them together. That's what happens to all couples on Marvel except Reed and Sue.

(Regarding jott, i don't want to make me any good expectations quite the opposite, I'm already accepting the worst)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-06-2019 at 01:25 PM.

I would read the space adventures of Scott, Jean, Rachel and Cable forming a new Starjammers. If they return the Phoenix to Rachel, she and Jean would be different enough so that they were not redundant in the same comic.