Page 103 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2261
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I would read the space adventures of Scott, Jean, Rachel and Cable forming a new Starjammers. If they return the Phoenix to Rachel, she and Jean would be different enough so that they were not redundant in the same comic.
    The problem is there isn't a lot of conflict there. Even the F4 has Johnny to be an agitator, and now they are older, Franklin and Valeria as well. Hence my previous idea of putting Emma and Magneto on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I would read the space adventures of Scott, Jean, Rachel and Cable forming a new Starjammers. If they return the Phoenix to Rachel, she and Jean would be different enough so that they were not redundant in the same comic.
    Well, the Mark Brooks Promo had Rachel with the Phoenix Force while Jean was just regular hangin' with Scott, Logan and Emma on the side. Perhaps the Phoenix will be tossed back onto Rachel instead of her mother with Hickman!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wanda and Vision are complicated. Wanda is currently with Vodoo but Marvel has teased Vision a lot too.
    Relationships are really complicated on Marvel.
    For example just look at Peter/MJ, they both have dated other people (Spidey much more, he even has other popular ships) but that doesn't mean that they don't love each other, they do, they are OTP but marvel is not always interested on writing them together. That's what happens to all couples on Marvel except Reed and Sue.

(Regarding jott, i don't want to make me any good expectations quite the opposite, I'm already accepting the worst)
    Yeah, it's well known Marvel has commitment issues with relationships with the only exception being Reed and Sue, but it really doesn't void the fact that they always revert back to the status quo couples because comicbooks are cyclical. The industry as a whole and the medium.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Yeah, it's well known Marvel has commitment issues with relationships with the only exception being Reed and Sue, but it really doesn't void the fact that they always revert back to the status quo couples because comicbooks are cyclical. The industry as a whole and the medium.
    The thing is that some of the couples that would be considered status quo stop being- for example, Henry Pym/Wasp or Wanda/Vision, who were at one time this sort of "essential" couples, but haven't been together in ages. Matt Murdock and Karen Page would be one of those if you ask someone in the 90's.

Regarding Scott & Jean specifically, Scott has been apart from her at least as often as he isn't. If you count from GSXM #1 forward, he has been more years single or dating other women than he has been with Jean.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

to be fair, most of the time since their break up one of them has been dead, to the point were to this day they haven't talked much about what happened.
    a bit on endsong, a bit on phoenix resurrection but those are like 2 issues on almost 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    to be fair, most of the time since their break up one of them has been dead, to the point were to this day they haven't talked much about what happened.
    a bit on endsong, a bit on phoenix resurrection but those are like 2 issues on almost 15 years.
    Well, that's true, but it doesn't change that. If you consider the number of comics these days is much bigger than in the past, then Cyclops appeared in a lot more books single or dating someone else than with Jean. Scott/Jean is really the status quo couple, but it doesn't mean it can't change, since the two of them being together isn't essential to the X-men like Reed and Sue are, and unlike Lois Lane, they have reasons to be used without the connection to each other.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine's never been a real threat to the couple. He mostly sulked off to the side
    When I was reading, nothing close to what Scemma wound up being. I don't know how many times I used the word overrated for Jogan. But Scemma was the REAL deal. Front and center, THE X couple for a bunch of years. Eight? That's longer than Jean and Scott were happily married. That is a threat that I would think that could resurface

No comic book relationships are inherently stable due to status quo. The only Marvel relationship that is never in danger is Reed/Sue because they are both in the Fantastic Four, therefore they are always going to be around each other regardless, they haven't had multiple partners for anyone to form devoted ships about, and no story where they have some kind of strained relationship is popular. There's nothing there interesting enough to go for, not even the played out Namor/Sue.

Even Peter and MJ are up in the air, because they only got back together because one writer realized he was allowed to do it at the eleventh hour. Even if their marriage is restored, which is unlikely, it'll be at risk like every marriage except eternal lovers Reed and Sue.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The thing is that some of the couples that would be considered status quo stop being- for example, Henry Pym/Wasp or Wanda/Vision, who were at one time this sort of "essential" couples, but haven't been together in ages. Matt Murdock and Karen Page would be one of those if you ask someone in the 90's.

Regarding Scott & Jean specifically, Scott has been apart from her at least as often as he isn't. If you count from GSXM #1 forward, he has been more years single or dating other women than he has been with Jean.

Now that the last 15 years have happened, it's probably true or pretty close to it. And the more times you put Scott, or they do it, her, with other people, it just continues to compromise the relationship, IMO I mean if you want to consider them some iconic relationship.

Sorry, they are not Reed and Sue. Scemma would NEVER, EVER, EVER have been allowed to be done with Reed and Sue. Nothing short of undoing it could ever remove the stench of it from my mind. BELIEVE ME, i don't enjoy feeling that way. These stories should not have been allowed to be told, but they were told. And it taints the couple. Again, IMO. Other people still feel the same way about them.

You are right about other once apparent must be together couples who didn't wind up that way. Wanda and Vision were together for close to 15 years. And people were still waiting for them to get back together when I stopped reading AVENGERS which was Chuck Austen, right before Bendis had Wanda go nuts.

That doesn't definitively mean that Jott won't reunite. I saw that page from PR. Just seems to me that way too much has happened for me to take it as a certainty. But the point stands. There have been some fairly longstanding couples who wound up apart. No denying, though, Jott was REALLY longstanding

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No comic book relationships are inherently stable due to status quo. The only Marvel relationship that is never in danger is Reed/Sue because they are both in the Fantastic Four, therefore they are always going to be around each other regardless, they haven't had multiple partners for anyone to form devoted ships about, and no story where they have some kind of strained relationship is popular. There's nothing there interesting enough to go for, not even the played out Namor/Sue.

Even Peter and MJ are up in the air, because they only got back together because one writer realized he was allowed to do it at the eleventh hour. Even if their marriage is restored, which is unlikely, it'll be at risk like every marriage except eternal lovers Reed and Sue.
    Aren't Jessica Jones and Luke Cage still together? If so, that must be 15 or so years by now. And the X office did let Gambit and Rogue get married.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Aren't Jessica Jones and Luke Cage still together? If so, that must be 15 or so years by now. And the X office did let Gambit and Rogue get married.
    Jess and Luke don't have their own books in constant publication + Brian gave them a kid to ensure that they have to interact somewhat, so they're extremely safe because the chances of anyone in the small group writing them going there are low. Arguably the safest tactic to keep a relationship is to be characters not around all the time.

But I have spoken the truth. If you want true happiness as a Marvel shipper, true peace and security, embrace Reed Richards' infinitely expanding dong.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Rogue and Gambit's marriage isn't going to last sadly. But their marriage ending doesn't mean their relationship will end.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

I get what you're saying, but it's not the same. Status quo couples are determined by more than just the comicbooks. Other medium representation affect them, too. Peter x MJ, Reed x Sue, and Scott x Jean have all had representation outside of comicbooks. Television series, comicbooks, graphic novels, merchandise, video games, movies, etc. Wanda x Vision and Hank x Janet have never received as much attention in other mediums as hard or long as Jott and the others have. Wanda x Vision may even come back purely because the MCU had them together. If their Disney+ show does well, the general public's understanding of these two will be shaped to be that these two belong with each other.

Look at Jlogan. The only reason why it's as big as it is was because Famke and Jackman's portrayal of their relationship in the film gave the impression that Jean wasn't just attracted to Logan like in the comics, but that she was in love with him as much as Scott.

Really all it'll take is one film in the MCU of Scott and Jean and they're pretty much guaranteed a shield, which I'm sure they already have because years of Jott representation across the many mediums. Granted, I'm not happy about this since MCU synergy is why I hate the MCU.

I'll admit Snoop Dogg is right, status quo couples aren't stable, but the status quo in general isn't about stability. Not in comicbooks. Status quo is mainly for what everything falls back to. Yeah, it'd be nice if these couples did become stable, but it won't happen, and I'm okay with that. I'll just wait until it reverts back.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Hello guys, someone who has already seen the movie how saw his deal with Jott? I have read that as for Scott once again it is not the best thing (I can't say that it surprises me at the end of the day it's Fox).

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Hello guys, someone who has already seen the movie how saw his deal with Jott? I have read that as for Scott once again it is not the best thing (I can't say that it surprises me at the end of the day it's Fox).
    I saw the movie last night and I loved it! And yes, it has some great Scott/Jean moments. The movie does a great job of establishing that they are a couple, they are in love, and they fight for each other every step of the way. Scott definitely has some good moments. A few in particular really stand out. There's no love triangle to devalue their relationship, nor are there any contrivances that would make it seem less sincere. It doesn't build the whole story around the relationship. It is, as the title suggests, about Jean Grey and her struggles with the Phoenix. But if you were disappointed by X3, then Dark Phoenix should definitely deliver.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.