Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean and Bishop being forced together through reality warping shenanigans is the worst set up to launch a romance. Given that their minds are essentially manipulated into being attracted to each other, they are tainted from the beginning. I dont see why Scott should respect this; I dont. This pairing is based on a lie
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this situation so disturbing, Thompson mentions that he is very proud of what he shows on each page, but I can only think of trying to push me to accept it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this situation so disturbing, Thompson mentions that he is very proud of what he shows on each page, but I can only think of trying to push me to accept it.
    I don't know where either of you see this as forced. It's clear everyone will still have their own conscience in this age of x universe, they just have trouble getting back to 616 universe. If jean and bishop are kissing, it's not because they are forced. That's even more obvious since Bishop apparently ends up in jail for kissing her.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't know where either of you see this as forced. It's clear everyone will still have their own conscience in this age of x universe, they just have trouble getting back to 616 universe. If jean and bishop are kissing, it's not because they are forced. That's even more obvious since Bishop apparently ends up in jail for kissing her.
    and then that does not seem manipulated?
    the writer is not forcing a nonexistent romance to manipulate another title within the UA?
    Why is only Bishop locked up in prison and not Jean or Kurt or Meggan?
    Jean is not guilty?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Called it. Once more on the merry-go-round.

Here's hoping it's closer in spirit to Louise Simonson's take on the relationship than Grant Morrison's. It's not enough to get me buying the books regularly again, but I'll continue to observe from a distance.

Side note: Rosenberg is wrong about there being few to no lasting marriages in superhero comics. Reed and Sue, Lois and Clark, Ralph and Sue Dibny (until she got fridged), Hector and Lyta, Garth (ok, well, Proty) and Imra, Jo and Tinya, Kent and Inza, Carter and Shiera, Alec and Abby. Technically, Bruce and Betty are still married, too, I think. Peter and MJ ran for 20 years until Quesada stuck his nose in. DC can make it work, and so can Marvel when it wants to. There's no law of physics precluding interesting stories being told with functional married couples; it's entirely a narrative choice by the writers and editors.
    In my mind there was a huge difference in simonson and Morrison. One put obstacles in the couple's path while the other deconstructed the couple. They are not doing the same story and it's just a matter of who you think executed it better. I think they are different in a fundamental level. The 2 writers are the couple differently.

As you point out, while it was always the exception to the rule, there were comic book marriages that worked. Long term. Unfortunately, most didn't have the, IMO, distasteful developments that Jott endured. DC undid Clark and Lois. One of them didn't have an affair.

Still, point stands. The companies made a decision to end marriages. They weren't inherently problematic. Well, some creators think so. However, others don't and multiple marriages were longstanding.

BANNED

They're completely different people thanks to X-Man, if anything I'm pretty sure he shaped the past as he saw fit without anyone's consent

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    In my mind there was a huge difference in simonson and Morrison. One put obstacles in the couple's path while the other deconstructed the couple. They are not doing the same story and it's just a matter of who you think executed it better. I think they are different in a fundamental level. The 2 writers are the couple differently.
    That's my exactly point.

I prefer to see reconstruction, not deconstruction.

Incredible Member

I meant to write the 2 writers see the couple differently. One other thing before anyone who read IDENTITY CRISIS calls me crazy. Absolutely what was done to Sue Dibny was distasteful. I meant distasteful in how the relationship was damaged. They didn't break up Ralph and Sue. She was raped and later murdered.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Look that was just sort of a wild theory.
    After looking at Bleeding Cool's article, it might not actually be as far fetched as I initially thought. Also is Meggan still married to Captain Britain or did that change? If not, then that sucks for him.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-17-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    After looking at Bleeding Cool's article, it might not actually be as far fetched as I initially thought. Also is Meggan still married to Captain Britain or did that change? If not, then that sucks for him.
    they were last seen as a married couple with their baby in the X-mas special last month

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    This is another thing so that age of X-men I will not like, Meggan and her husband were happily married and have a child, now Marvel also wants to ruin that marriage? pfff

Bad time to be a Jott fan.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    I mean, when was there a good time? This whole decade been kinda trash for the couple.

I respectfully disagree.

In just a couple weeks, they'll both be alive again. They'll both have a chance to interact once more without flashbacks, time travel, or cloning. After years of one of them being dead, I'd say that's a huge improvement.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

I mean, when was there a good time? This whole decade been kinda trash for the couple.
    More like the last 2 decades at this point. Last time I felt like I was reading the real Jott was SEARCH FOR CYCLOPS. That page in PR read like them. Only a page, though. Granted, I have read very, very little of these books since Morrison left. But what I've read about them doesn't leave me with anything that would really change my mind.

As a fan of Jott I'm new, I started two years ago more or less so I have not had to live the Morrison era, but personally I think it's not all bad, soon Marvel is going to give us a lot of drama ... that sucks, I know, is not what any of us want BUT recently we saw Jean and Scott telling each other that they still love each other, their love has not diminished despite everything that happened, Emma recognizing that Scott never stopped thinking about Jean, Jean showing that stil loves Scott, Tyke and Jeen finally kissing and soon we will have both alive at the same time after a long time. So things are not that bad and I'm moderately positive about Jott
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 01-17-2019 at 09:03 AM.