Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    After looking at Bleeding Cool's article, it might not actually be as far fetched as I initially thought. Also is Meggan still married to Captain Britain or did that change? If not, then that sucks for him.
    We'll see. I recall thinking, what's the worst thing Marvel could do to Scott and Jean as a couple that there might be a chance of coming back from. Given that pregnancy was being thrown around in the solicits, I guess my mind just sort of jumped there. I'm still really hoping it's not the case.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 01-17-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean, when was there a good time? This whole decade been kinda trash for the couple.
    '88 - '97 was pretty good. So it's actually been about 2 decades of trash I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

In just a couple weeks, they'll both be alive again. They'll both have a chance to interact once more without flashbacks, time travel, or cloning. After years of one of them being dead, I'd say that's a huge improvement.
    This whole scenario reminds me of Andy's escape from Shawshank, crawling through a half a mile of sewer to get to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    This whole scenario reminds me of Andy's escape from Shawshank, crawling through a half a mile of sewer to get to the promised land.
    Well, Andy got there, lets hope that Jott fans can too
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't have anything againt Jean or Scott dating other people (of course i would prefer them with each other though)

but if i dislike something about this is that it crosses with their reunion after so long, after both come back from the death. thats something no other relationship will have and its a shame to see it throw away so casually.

Also if they are going to put someone between them they should at least have some build up because it seems that Jean and Bishop will probably share very little time on this age of x-man thing (they are on different teams) to build a romance. of course they will have one but if they are screwing jott again it deserves to fail to something a little more stablished than a few rushed issues.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-17-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think the relationship will be genuine though. No brain washing and fans will embrace it fast. people want to read about romance and characters doing cute stuff, if marvel denies this to jean and scott (for more than a decade) and gives that easily to other relationships people will embrace it. it's difficult to root for something that since morrison has been pure angst and drama.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

In just a couple weeks, they'll both be alive again. They'll both have a chance to interact once more without flashbacks, time travel, or cloning. After years of one of them being dead, I'd say that's a huge improvement.
    You are too optimistic about the xbooks for my liking at times, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think the relationship will be genuine though. No brain washing and fans will embrace it fast. people want to read about romance and characters doing cute stuff, if marvel denies this to jean and scott (for more than a decade) and gives that easily to other relationships people will embrace it. it's difficult to root for something that since morrison has been pure angst and drama.
    It may be genuine in the context of the alternate reality and may continue when they come back, but I would not embrace it. I loathe the idea of a Logan/Jean coupling though it's been done in several au's but would embrace a real world Jean Logan over this.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    It may be genuine in the context of the alternate reality and may continue when they come back, but I would not embrace it. I loathe the idea of a Logan/Jean coupling though it's been done in several au's but would embrace a real world Jean Logan over this.
    That depends on your definition of genuine. If the definition is that Jean will be of sound mind and clearly understand the pursuit of a relationship within the context of the events of her life, I suppose it's possible. We really haven't been told if they will retain they're memories of 616. That's sort of a key pivot point, because if you don't remember the facts of your life, I don't think you enter into any sort of relationship with your eyes fully open. So within the confines of the story it could be genuine. Within the context of 616 Jean it would not. It's like how Scott clearly seemed to be in love with Frenzy in AoX, but the moment he landed back in the 616, those feelings appeared to fade, even though the memories that accompanied them seemed to be retained. If it's handled the same way, it's hard to imagine that the impact on 616 Jean would be lasting...

That depends on your definition of genuine. If the definition is that Jean will be of sound mind and clearly understand the pursuit of a relationship within the context of the events of her life, I suppose it's possible. We really haven't been told if they will retain they're memories of 616. That's sort of a key pivot point, because if you don't remember the facts of your life, I don't think you enter into any sort of relationship with your eyes fully open. So within the confines of the story it could be genuine. Within the context of 616 Jean it would not. It's like how Scott clearly seemed to be in love with Frenzy in AoX, but the moment he landed back in the 616, those feelings appeared to fade, even though the memories that accompanied them seemed to be retained. If it's handled the same way, it's hard to imagine that the impact on 616 Jean would be lasting...
    It is said that Meggan and Kurt will be a couple in aox if the characters had their memories of 616 Meggan wouldn't be with Kurt, she wouldn't throw her marriage overboard and also she and her husband have a child. So, no, the characters will not be equal to them in 616, at least they don't have their memories, so I don't think any romance that comes out of there is really healthy.

We'll see. I recall thinking, what's the worst thing Marvel could do to Scott and Jean as a couple that there might be a chance of coming back from. Given that pregnancy was being thrown around in the solicits, I guess my mind just sort of jumped there. I'm still really hoping it's not the case.
    Well, Jean stepped in to raise a kid that technically wasn't hers. Scott could easily do the same. Because as far as Jean knows - Scott is still dead and her life hasn't stopped.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, Jean stepped in to raise a kid that technically wasn't hers. Scott could easily do the same. Because as far as Jean knows - Scott is still dead and her life hasn't stopped.
    Theres a big difference between Bishop and Madelyne.

When was Scott and Jean (not Phoenix)'s psychic rapport established and how did it happen?

I think it was established in a Classic X-men backup story when Scott was still at the orphanage. It might have been talked about before that in the "present", but I think that's when it actually happened.

Edit: I don't remember much about that story, except that Jean and Scott met on the psychic plane and Prof X had something to do with it.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Theres a big difference between Bishop and Madelyne.
    Yeah, I think the biggest thing is that Maddie was essentially written off and removed from the situation. Also she was written as an aspect of Jean, so a lot of work was done there to get rid of any connection to Maddie. At any case, if this does happen, it would at least please some fans of Ruby as there would be no excuse not to make her canon.

No matter which way you look at it, it's a bit of a mess. As far as we know, there might be a pregnancy. Either through a third party, Jean, or Meggan. The choices don't look good at all. Marvel likes drama and that's what we'll get. We'll just have to wait and see. As for now, we should at least maybe go back to appreciating the past and what this couple represented at its best.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When was Scott and Jean (not Phoenix)'s psychic rapport established and how did it happen?
    I'll have to dig for this one. I know it's in place prior to the AoC&P because I recall it survived it's jump to Slym & Redd's bodies, which frankly has a number of other implications since it's mean's it not based on a fixed point in time or tied to their physical bodies.