Page 123 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2261

Yeah they were on seperate teams but they both appeared semi-regularly in each other's books. Their relationship was very much alive and represented

Fantastic Member

yea after blue Gold stopped I believe they were on the same team after that till he "died" during the 12 arc. They had that team with Scott Jean Ororo Logan and Sam (I actually really liked that team) They never really overstepped with their relationship though imo, yea we knew they were together etc but it wasn't driving any of the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    yea after blue Gold stopped I believe they were on the same team after that till he "died" during the 12 arc. They had that team with Scott Jean Ororo Logan and Sam (I actually really liked that team) They never really overstepped with their relationship though imo, yea we knew they were together etc but it wasn't driving any of the books.
    I think that’s actually the ideal state for them, having the relationship element be just part of the background. Of course every few dozen issues I think it can shine, especially in the quieter ones but it shouldn’t be a central part of the narrative. That’s more suited for Annuals or minis anyway.

Fantastic Member

yea I would have used the annuals to introduce Rachel and Nate at some point (who imo, should probably be twins at this point, and maybe even give rachel her fathers power used like havok though, just so all their kids don't always have the same power set, plus allows her to be a bit different from Jean.) I always thought they just worked well together in general, not just romance but their power sets work well together,personalities and most times their costumes look good together as well imo.

They just fit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    yea I would have used the annuals to introduce Rachel and Nate at some point (who imo, should probably be twins at this point, and maybe even give rachel her fathers power used like havok though, just so all their kids don't always have the same power set, plus allows her to be a bit different from Jean.) I always thought they just worked well together in general, not just romance but their power sets work well together,personalities and most times their costumes look good together as well imo.

They just fit imo.
    I don't know about twins. They aren't even from the same reality and there wasn't a version of them in either's original reality as I recall. Are you talking about retconning this or doing it go forward? I'm not a huge fan of totally changing Rachel's powers. She's got a lot of canon built up there, including her Excalibur run with the PF to the point that I don't think it makes sense. It's kinda of funny how of Cyke's 11 kids I can think of, AU or otherwise, only Ruby got his powers. It's kind of silly I agree.

Fantastic Member

I meant if I ever did a 616 version of rachel and nate from Scott And Jean (Nate is still technically maddies) I'd do that to keep them more original, maybe changing their names would help, but I would do it more in a way of honoring them if they never came to be in this verse. Well Except nate, just figured they'd work better as twins anyway. Rachel's powers are very key to her but I don't know too many of Scott's kids don't inherit anything power wise from him other than ruby of course. And I always like that Ruby's powers were a hyrbid of sorts, which is where I'd probably go with rachel, should could still form the phoenix rapture but more as a homage to her mom in the form of her father's power. So a Ruby Crimson Bird I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I don't know about twins. They aren't even from the same reality and there wasn't a version of them in either's original reality as I recall. Are you talking about retconning this or doing it go forward? I'm not a huge fan of totally changing Rachel's powers. She's got a lot of canon built up there, including her Excalibur run with the PF to the point that I don't think it makes sense. It's kinda of funny how of Cyke's 11 kids I can think of, AU or otherwise, only Ruby got his powers. It's kind of silly I agree.
    Oh Ruby. I'd kill to see her pop up somewhere, even once. Sorry, I know this is a Jott appreciation thread

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Oh Ruby. I'd kill to see her pop up somewhere, even once. Sorry, I know this is a Jott appreciation thread
    I've long thought a nice twist would be that, if Ruby ever made it to 616, we learn she doesn't get along with Emma and bonds with Jean instead.

A Ruby/Rachel team-up mini could be fun, too. They could even call it the "The New Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix".

Mighty Member

I submit to your superior interpretation of my analogy. Jean is definitely Smuckers, messy but wholesome and satisfying.

That'd make Emma Cheese Whiz, looks good but loaded with artificial preservatives.
    Maddie would have to be Nutella, made with exotic ingredients but put it down and walk away, it's liable to get stolen by your little brother.
    And Logan a plate of poutine. Putting jam on it sounds like an interesting experiment, but then it just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I've long thought a nice twist would be that, if Ruby ever made it to 616, we learn she doesn't get along with Emma and bonds with Jean instead.

A Ruby/Rachel team-up mini could be fun, too. They could even call it the "The New Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix".
    In her AU, Emma had passed right? I remember reading that she grew up with only one parent, I'm not sure which one it was. That'd be an interesting dynamic for her 616 visit! I'd love to see that I think it'd be hilarious to see all family members' reaction to that.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-21-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Best thing that ever came out of Scott and Emma's ship IMO. You know I'm a die hard Jott shipper but for some reason Ruby's never bothered me. Not sure why.

Nobody get's along with Emma so that makes sense. Given how quickly Jean embraced Nathan, I could see it. Jean's just a sucker for family I think.

In her AU, Emma had passed right? I remember reading that she grew up with only one parent, I'm not sure which one it was. That'd be an interesting dynamic for her 616 visit! I'd love to see that I think it'd be hilarious to see all family members' reaction to that.
    Yes, Emma never appeared AFAIK. She grew up with a very old cyborg version of Scott. (Correction: Ruby's actually just super old so that's why Scott is. Her childhood isn't discussed much)
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 06-21-2019 at 03:37 PM.

And Logan a plate of poutine. Putting jam on it sounds like an interesting experiment, but then it just doesn't work.
    There'll always be someone who likes it though. No accounting for taste I'm afraid.

Incredible Member

The separate teams barely lasted and she still spent a good chunk of time with Scott despite being on a different team, actively going out of her way to be with him.

This isn't true. I mean the part about actively going out of her way to see him. Where they were together a lot was the crossover X-CUTIONER'S SONG. Other than that there were a bunch of issues where only one or the other was in the book. Jean in UNCANNY and Scott in X MEN.

I wouldn't say that the separate team concept barely lasted either. That said, it wasn't very long. Started in X MEN 4 and was pretty much gone by 20. I mean as far as Jean and Scott being on separate teams.

Ruby, Scott and Emma's kid from an AU? Hard pass on that. AU or not, would just be a very painful reminder of what they did do in this universe. Not that I'd be reading it, but just the thought of it, whoa.

Best thing that ever came out of Scott and Emma's ship IMO. You know I'm a die hard Jott shipper but for some reason Ruby's never bothered me. Not sure why.
    Same here!

Ruby could easily come from the same program that made the Stepford Cuckoos - she's either an earlier attempt or a side project and has been in stasis until her unveiling. And having her interact with Jean and Rachel would be interesting.
    Dark does not mean deep.