Page 132 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a foot pop, or if Jean is putting her leg around Scott's lower body. Either way I'm here for it.
    I'm pretty sure it is.

Scott has been without action since Utopia and Jean has just escaped from a plane of existence where sex is forbidden.

Just saying.

BANNED

I'll just copy and paste what I've said before.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yeah, right. Good luck with that. If the kiss page is anything to go by, Jean will be riding Scott until his nickname changes from Slim to Stick.
    They'll probably be going at it like rabbits for a few days.

Feels earned.

Theories on the "Mrs. Grey" thing? Seem too on the nose of a panel for Marvel to share just for kicks. They must be loving lurking on the boards right now, watching twist in the wind. Well, maybe not Rosenberg.

I'll just copy and paste what I've said before.

I expect Scott to wake up tied to a bed and Jean wearing something in green latex saying "I hear you like kinky stuff now."

And that will be the last time Morrison is referenced ever again (bonus points if the writer puts that in a side panel).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Thank you sweet baby Jesus! I have been waiting for this since Morrison destroyed the marriage all those years ago. Two favorite characters, hopefully back together. Don't think you can read anything else into that than that. Hopefully Hickman treats them like he did Reed and Sue. The relationship doesn't need to be the focus of any story, too much history, just let them be together. Thank you Rosenberg for giving us at least that scene. Those last few pages of Uncanny #22 were perfect. Bring on Hickman!
    I posed this question many times when I'd read how stagnant and boring Jott supposedly were. Although at this point I haven't read FF in over a decade either. CIVIL WAR. Prior to that, I had read every issue of FF. And I'd ask, what exactly was being done with Reed and Sue that they weren't stagnant and boring? How many of the stories, 1966-2006, focused on their relationship? Not saying there were none. She left him in the 70s over Franklin. Overall, very little. It's a constant, a staple, but it wasn't the focus very often. I'm talking storyarcs here. I'm not suggesting we hardly saw them act like a couple or a family. We got that with Jott after their marriage. That is not the same thing as storylines focused on the marriage.

The obvious big difference was children as a constant. Jott didn't have that. If they did, would they no longer be stagnant. That was the buzzword, as if any stable and functional couple isn't thatto some degree by default. Anyway, just always struck me as a bit of a double standard. Just to be clear, not knocking Reed and Sue, They were always my 2nd favorite Marvel couple.

Well, at this point, there are other differences. Namely, Scott having an affair on his wife. They don't do stuff like that with Reed and Sue. Have been a few smooches with Namor, though. That is more the equivalent of the Jean/Logan end.

I saw the panel. Might be in the minority among Jott fans in that I would rather it not have been right after she walked past Emma. Couldn't they sort of be alone for a panel to do it? Certainly not going to say I disliked it, though. I guess it answers some questions about how they feel about each other. Wouldn't be doing that if there weren't feelings there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I expect Scott to wake up tied to a bed and Jean wearing something in green latex saying "I hear you like kinky stuff now."

And that will be the last time Morrison is referenced ever again (bonus points if the writer puts that in a side panel).
    Better that then Scott waking up to find Jean wearing Emma's non-outfit from NXM and her saying "let's pretend..."

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    I saw the panel. Might be in the minority among Jott fans in that I would rather it not have been right after she walked past Emma. Couldn't they sort of be alone for a panel to do it? Certainly not going to say I disliked it, though. I guess it answers some questions about how they feel about each other. Wouldn't be doing that if there weren't feelings there.
    that was intentional. It was done to express that Logan and Emma are irrelevant. In their moment of reuniting, neither Jean nor Scott are thinking of those two

I also think Rosenberg set it up like that to further humiliate Emma whom Dr. Nemesis mocks for having a plan to win back her ex-bf
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-17-2019 at 05:27 PM.

YES!

Now all is as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

I would definitely laugh at it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucasjacobus View Post
    If remember correctly, this is their first real in-panel kiss* in almost two decades. I don't remember any since the Seagle/Kelly run. Gosh, it has been too long.

Jean walking from the flames was kind of epic. I can't say it was worth the wait, but thank god, Jott seems to be back. I hope they could address their issues in a limited series (Mr and Mrs X Season 2?).

-------
    * Not counting alternate timelines, doppelgangers, teen versions, dead x alive reunions (Yes, I mean PR #5), flashbacks, etc...
    Nothing from 1999 and the buidup to THE TWELVE story? Thought there might have been something in there. I remember them discussing having kids . Someting like, Jean maybe we should talk about having children. And her response is, just talk? I always remembered that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Feels earned.

Theories on the "Mrs. Grey" thing? Seem too on the nose of a panel for Marvel to share just for kicks. They must be loving lurking on the boards right now, watching twist in the wind. Well, maybe not Rosenberg.
    I don't think it's a big deal. Shows she's not single but wants to keep her identity.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yeah: there are plenty of women that keep their last names when they get married and Jean is technically one of them. Her name was hyphenated, so Mrs Grey wouldn't have even be incorrect back then. It's also easier to say.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Nothing from 1999 and the buidup to THE TWELVE story? Thought there might have been something in there. I remember them discussing having kids . Someting like, Jean maybe we should talk about having children. And her response is, just talk? I always remembered that line.
    Yeah, I think you're right. I remember it now.

It was a flashback, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah: there are plenty of women that keep their last names when they get married and Jean is technically one of them. Her name was hyphenated, so Mrs Grey wouldn't have even be incorrect back then. It's also easier to say.
    but she's not married as her death (and later Scott's) ended that. Her being called Mrs. in current continuity is alarming and seems deliberate as if her marital status has changed in Hickman's run