Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    In an attempt to lighten the mood, what is everyone's favorite Jott moment?
    I have many and they are pretty recent
    Teens.jpg
    DuTXDS5W0AAq78b.jpg
    lkdufd.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    In an attempt to lighten the mood, what is everyone's favorite Jott moment?
    I think it's their kiss right after the battle with Apocalypse in Fall of the Mutants. The whole thing after it is very emotional to me as a Cyclops fan. He gets the girl, he's a hero, the city loves him and his team, his son is alive but Maddie is dead and he can never make it up for how he hurt her. Would be bittersweet but his moment with Jean more than makes up for it.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have many and they are pretty recent
    Teens.jpg
    DuTXDS5W0AAq78b.jpg
    lkdufd.jpg
    I hated the almost kiss from black vortex because of stupid beast lol

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Rosenberg said on twitter phoenix resurrections will tie into future events, wonder if that means more cyclops and jean moments incoming?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Rosenberg said on twitter phoenix resurrections will tie into future events, wonder if that means more cyclops and jean moments incoming?
    Seems unlikely. Rosenberg basically just told us Jotties to have patience and AoXM is putting them on ice for months at least. I'm guessing it's more likely to involve the PF if anything. That's pretty much the only loose thread. Maybe a possible PF tie in with Scott's return. So many questions, so few answers.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Seems unlikely. Rosenberg basically just told us Jotties to have patience and AoXM is putting them on ice for months at least. I'm guessing it's more likely to involve the PF if anything. That's pretty much the only loose thread. Maybe a possible PF tie in with Scott's return. So many questions, so few answers.
    Well yeah, I wasn't implying anything would occur till after age of x obviously lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    SEARCH FOR CYCLOPS? The limited series where Scott came back in 2001.
    Yep. It was one of my favorite Jott stories that had very little actual Scott and Jean in it. Gotta say Jean was a badass throughout. Stuck it out for Scott to the end when everyone told her to accept he was gone. Everyone but Nathan of course. Last good story for the couple IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Well yeah, I wasn't implying anything would occur till after age of x obviously lol.
    Yeah, the way he was talking on Twitter on Tuesday, I should probably have put years instead of months and frankly it felt like he was speculating. Since he'd be in a position to know if anything was in the offing in the short to mid term, I doubt he be talking about it on Twitter. I got the sense we should settle in for the long game. Luckily anyone who's still a fan of the couple at this point clearly isn't concerned about the long game.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I think it's their kiss right after the battle with Apocalypse in Fall of the Mutants. The whole thing after it is very emotional to me as a Cyclops fan. He gets the girl, he's a hero, the city loves him and his team, his son is alive but Maddie is dead and he can never make it up for how he hurt her. Would be bittersweet but his moment with Jean more than makes up for it.
    Very similar fallout after Inferno. Bittersweet defines of lot of their relationship. I think that's why XM 30 was such a good issue to me. It's the ultimate Scott and Jean have a good day. No villains, no surprises. Just a good day. The honeymoon was bullocks but that was a good day. In any other medium that would have been a snore. In their life, it was bizarro world. Scott's speech to Charles at the end always gets me. Especially in context of everything that happened later. God what I wouldn't give for the books to be in halfway as good a place as they were in '94. So many good relationships destroyed.

I don't know. I loved Jean and Scott. Then Morrison happened and I was left heartbroken, pretty much the same way Jean was. It took me a few weeks to bounce back and once I had picked up my pieces, endsong came out where Scott kept saying how he loves Emma and she is much better for him than Jean was and that is why he loves her. Jean was sent back to grave and Scott stated he has moved on with Emma. I stopped reading.

That was the end for me and I switched sides to a certain canadian whose love for Jean runs just as deep. In the comics, surely Jean can forgive and get back but if logic dictates that would be a hard thing to come back from in a relationship.

Plus, now that adult Jean has teen Jean's memories, she knows that Emma showed her the part where Scott tells her that he picked Emma. So even if they reconciled in PR, Jean now has knowledge she didn't before. That Scott chose Emma and would have even if she had lived

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    I don't know. I loved Jean and Scott. Then Morrison happened and I was left heartbroken, pretty much the same way Jean was. It took me a few weeks to bounce back and once I had picked up my pieces, endsong came out where Scott kept saying how he loves Emma and she is much better for him than Jean was and that is why he loves her. Jean was sent back to grave and Scott stated he has moved on with Emma. I stopped reading.

That was the end for me and I switched sides to a certain canadian whose love for Jean runs just as deep. In the comics, surely Jean can forgive and get back but if logic dictates that would be a hard thing to come back from in a relationship.

Plus, now that adult Jean has teen Jean's memories, she knows that Emma showed her the part where Scott tells her that he picked Emma. So even if they reconciled in PR, Jean now has knowledge she didn't before. That Scott chose Emma and would have even if she had lived
    I understand your anger, I might have been the same if I had lived through the Morrison era and everything that came later. As for Jeen, I don't think that affects anything, Jean would know that Emma used that to hurt her, so maybe they were lies, on the other hand, Jeen also loved Scott in some way and despite everything she saw she also still loving Tyke.

Incredible Member

Yep. It was one of my favorite Jott stories that had very little actual Scott and Jean in it. Gotta say Jean was a badass throughout. Stuck it out for Scott to the end when everyone told her to accept he was gone. Everyone but Nathan of course. Last good story for the couple IMO.
    Very little Jott as in interacting in current time. Hiwevert, the relationship is the emotional center of the book. Look at Jean's danger room reenactment that she plays over and over. Joseph Harris, the series' writer, called Jott Marvel's greatest couple. You could read those books and believe it. Jott is a huge part of that series.

I thought Jean was kickass at the end. Depends, I suppose, on how you define kickass and badass. Badass was not what I was looking for from either Scott or Jean. That's more Logan.

Incredible Member

It was HARD for me to get through ENDSONG. The things that were coming out of Scott's mouth. I get where you are coming from. While I would never become a Jogan shipper, I get it. Lines were allowed to be crossed that should not be crossed. It just compromises and taints the couple. Now, just get past it. Not that easy for me.

Mighty Member

The counterweight to that is, throughout the 2000s and early 2010s, the recurring subtext that Scott still loved and missed Jean. Then, Scott and Emma split up during AvX after her tryst with Namor. Toward the end of the Bendis run, Emma wanted to get back together, and Scott explicitly rejected her. To top it all off, in Phoenix Resurrection, Emma remarks that, during sex, Scott would think of Jean. Going back to Morrison, the way Emma was finally able to seduce Scott was by LARPing as Jean. Finally, once again, Scott and Jean already reconciled in PR #5.

I understand the sentiment that Scott is no longer worthy of her. I understand the desire to see Scott pay some kind of karmic price for cheating on her. The thing is, canonically and on-panel, Jean has already forgiven him and moved past all that. Thus, anything keeping them apart going forward has to be a plot contrivance, not a logical extrapolation of their characterization. Hence, Jean/Bishop.

We're not going to know anything for sure until after "Age of X-Man" at the earliest. So, for the time being, anything we try to infer or intuit is pure speculation. Ultimately, we'll just have to wait and see.

Mighty Member

Yeah, the way he was talking on Twitter on Tuesday, I should probably have put years instead of months and frankly it felt like he was speculating. Since he'd be in a position to know if anything was in the offing in the short to mid term, I doubt he be talking about it on Twitter. I got the sense we should settle in for the long game. Luckily anyone who's still a fan of the couple at this point clearly isn't concerned about the long game.
    He was also among those who insisted Scott was dead until the previews of post-"Disassembled" Uncanny starting coming out.

Look, too, at what he could've said, but didn't. He could've said that Scott and Jean were over long ago, and fans just need to get over it and let go. He could've said Scott and Jean are radically different people now and that, as a result, their relationship wouldn't work. He could've teased "fresh, interesting" new relationships for both of them. But, he didn't say any of that.

At minimum, Jott is a string Marvel wants to continue to pluck if for no other reason than to tease us. Worst case, we're in for a thematic sequel to Morrison's run in which Rosenberg and co. make a go of exploring why they think Jott can't work anymore and deconstructing it once and for all, but, as of right now, I'm dubious that's where things are going.

Until "Age of X" is over and the previews of what comes after are released, we'll just have to wait.