Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Although the fact that Jean's first kiss was not Scott, takes away much romanticism from the subject, I think that it was already like that before, she was with Ted Roberts before and I don't know if she would have had a boyfriend before him, at least they have not changed that her first time was with Scott.

There is no evidence in the Silver Age books that she kissed anyone before Scott. Not Ted Roberts, not Warren. I don't know about anything that might have been retconned in since Morrison left I'm only talking the original issues. I never saw her and Ted as an item. She knew and liked him, but I didn't see romance there. I'm not denying that they could have taken it there. He was a college guy she knew and seemed to like. Not didn't mean it was romantic. Perhaps a basis to go there. I just don't think they went there on panel

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    No her first kissed was with Tyke, her second Warren. Jeen is Jean so in Hopeless run X men season one she gives Tyke a kissed. This kissed happen before Adult Hank gets them cause 05 Hank was about to quit being a x men when he got them. When Jeen and Tyke kissed Hank is still with the x men but he walks out about a week later. Tyke was trying to write Jeen a love letter xD.

Attachment 76117

Anyways, is late but Happy new year and hope Jott happens but as friends for now.
    I always thought that this Jeen was the same Jeen we had in the present, their personalities were very similar. So this may be true.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    There is no evidence in the Silver Age books that she kissed anyone before Scott. Not Ted Roberts, not Warren. I don't know about anything that might have been retconned in since Morrison left I'm only talking the original issues. I never saw her and Ted as an item. She knew and liked him, but I didn't see romance there. I'm not denying that they could have taken it there. He was a college guy she knew and seemed to like. Not didn't mean it was romantic. Perhaps a basis to go there. I just don't think they went there on panel
    Technically Jean and Scott began to be couple between the issue 40 and 50 and we didn't see at any time a kiss from them on the panel until X-men 93? If I'm not wrong.
    Also in the archive of ted roberts said that he was Jean's boyfriend of the university, while she was outside the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didn’t think Season One was canon. That Jean is not the same teen Jean Hopeless would write in her solo.
    She would not be the same because she had to deal with so much. By the time of her solo she had been in the future more then a year and half.

Tgis where the stories of this 05 before coming to the future so it is canon. Unless someone say this 05 time line is a AU.

Mighty Member

I have a question; how is Jean suppose to date someone in AoX .... when there has been no build up! I literally have no clue who could it possibly be. It feels forced ... idk could be just me.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I have a question; how is Jean suppose to date someone in AoX .... when there has been no build up! I literally have no clue who could it possibly be. It feels forced ... idk could be just me.
    The purpose could be to establish a relationship that actually doesn't matter. Or, they could be aiming to put Jean in a position where she has to decide whether she could have a new promising relationship or go back to Scott. Either way, it's an alternate reality relationship so buildup in the current universe doesn't seem necessary. It's most likely going to be defined by AoX entirely.

While the setup seems similar to Age of Apocalypse, it also seems to remind me of House of M. I wonder if they are going to realize what they are doing towards the end of the miniseries.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-04-2019 at 09:03 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I always thought that this Jeen was the same Jeen we had in the present, their personalities were very similar. So this may be true.

Technically Jean and Scott began to be couple between the issue 40 and 50 and we didn't see at any time a kiss from them on the panel until X-men 93? If I'm not wrong.
    Also in the archive of ted roberts said that he was Jean's boyfriend of the university, while she was outside the X-men.
    Jean and Scott first kissed in UNCANNY 94. However, in UNCANNY 138, Claremont retconned in that they had kissed in UNCANNY 32 which was Bobby's 18th birthday party. Technically, we don't know when Jean and Scott started dating. The first time it is clear is the Thomas/Adams issues. It wasn't between 40 and 50. There is an issue in there that is just Jean and Scott after the team had split up. They play the part of boyfriend/girl friend, but there is no indication it's true. There is the usual thought balloon in there indicating the feelings.

What archive is this? The Scott/Jean archive? If so, I think they are wrong. They sure as hell don't meet my definition. I assume you are going by summaries. I read these books, all of them. I have them. Been a long time since I looked at them. I'd lay odds I'm not wrong, though.

Ted Roberts is in maybe 6 issues. The last 3 of them are more about him dealing with his brother. Absolutely, at college, she interacts with Ted almost exclusively. Really none of the other students. I think he might have asked her to grab a soda or coffee with him. An actual date? No way.

It's not like Jean doesn't interact with the X Men during this period. And when she is in the same panels with Scott, you get the occasional thought balloons about how they feel about each other. It hasn't changed.

Again, she interacted with him a fair amount during this period. I would certainly say you could call them friends. Someone could retcon in that something was going on between them. Didn't Brisson, is that his name, do that? Someone could do it. I'd personally find it a stretch. But in the actual books that saw print in the 60s? No way I would categorize Ted Robert as a BOYfriend.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    The purpose could be to establish a relationship that actually doesn't matter. Or, they could be aiming to put Jean in a position where she has to decide whether she could have a new promising relationship or go back to Scott. Either way, it's an alternate reality relationship so buildup in the current universe doesn't seem necessary. It's most likely going to be defined by AoX entirely.

While the setup seems similar to Age of Apocalypse, it also seems to remind me of House of M. I wonder if they are going to realize what they are doing towards the end of the miniseries.
    Oh ok, so the build up would start from the first issue of AoX until whenever. Gotcha. Since, this event will continue to the main universe ... I wonder what they will pull. I gotta say tho I am not excited for a 5 month AU story ... not exiting although I wanna. See Jean but yea not worth it.

I don’t know what to expect for Jott ... I don’t want heavy drama. I’m terrified. I’m in denial!

BANNED

Where was it said that Jean will have a love interest in AOXM?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Where was it said that Jean will have a love interest in AOXM?
    Most of it is pure speculation to be honest, but the writers have been teasing that Jean will be kissing someone soon. At the same time writers have been toying with fan notions that Jean and Scott might not be getting back together as they might assume.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Pure Jott

Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 01-05-2019 at 04:39 AM.

X-Factor gave us a lot of Cute moments...
    Nathan's First word!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Oh ok, so the build up would start from the first issue of AoX until whenever. Gotcha. Since, this event will continue to the main universe ... I wonder what they will pull. I gotta say tho I am not excited for a 5 month AU story ... not exiting although I wanna. See Jean but yea not worth it.

I don’t know what to expect for Jott ... I don’t want heavy drama. I’m terrified. I’m in denial!
    the same here, if they tell us that Jean begins to have severe doubts about going back with Scott because she started dating someone in an AU, where possibly their personalities are different and besides almost everything they have lived is a lie ... having for another hand who was her husband, with whom she raised a child, grew up together and lived many things and only a few months ago was saying how much she missed him and wanted him to be there with her ... well I would see it very forced (I think it will be very forced).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Jean and Scott first kissed in UNCANNY 94. However, in UNCANNY 138, Claremont retconned in that they had kissed in UNCANNY 32 which was Bobby's 18th birthday party. Technically, we don't know when Jean and Scott started dating. The first time it is clear is the Thomas/Adams issues. It wasn't between 40 and 50. There is an issue in there that is just Jean and Scott after the team had split up. They play the part of boyfriend/girl friend, but there is no indication it's true. There is the usual thought balloon in there indicating the feelings.

What archive is this? The Scott/Jean archive? If so, I think they are wrong. They sure as hell don't meet my definition. I assume you are going by summaries. I read these books, all of them. I have them. Been a long time since I looked at them. I'd lay odds I'm not wrong, though.

Ted Roberts is in maybe 6 issues. The last 3 of them are more about him dealing with his brother. Absolutely, at college, she interacts with Ted almost exclusively. Really none of the other students. I think he might have asked her to grab a soda or coffee with him. An actual date? No way.

It's not like Jean doesn't interact with the X Men during this period. And when she is in the same panels with Scott, you get the occasional thought balloons about how they feel about each other. It hasn't changed.

Again, she interacted with him a fair amount during this period. I would certainly say you could call them friends. Someone could retcon in that something was going on between them. Didn't Brisson, is that his name, do that? Someone could do it. I'd personally find it a stretch. But in the actual books that saw print in the 60s? No way I would categorize Ted Robert as a BOYfriend.
    Not Brisson, Piskor. In his Grand Design, Jean's first boyfriend/first time was Ted. He doesn't like Scott due to Maddie, so he kinda downplays him and his relationship with Jean through the whole thing.

Also, thanks to the O5 keeping the memories their teenage versions have from the future (and pretty much having done all they did), Jean's first kiss was with Beast. Same for Scott, his first kiss was with Vileena, in terms of chronology.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    She would not be the same because she had to deal with so much. By the time of her solo she had been in the future more then a year and half.

Tgis where the stories of this 05 before coming to the future so it is canon. Unless someone say this 05 time line is a AU.
    Are you sure? The Season One books are listed in the Marvel Wiki as non-canon graphic novels with a different Earth designation

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-TRN563

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Pure Jott

I remember that. It's still as adorable as ever.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.