Page 27 of 151 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure why Emma needs to be brought up. What is there to discuss? Thanks to Extermination, Jean saw firsthand how Scott and Emma ended up. Emma showed her and she even got a different perspective in the solo series. I kind of feel like Emma doesnt really matter anymore. She certainly didnt help but she isnt the reason they had problems before
    Because many fans are still stuck on that moment in time. Having in down in canon how Scott and Jean resolve it will help everyone immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    At this point, Emma shouldn't be a topic of that conversation at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure why Emma needs to be brought up. What is there to discuss? Thanks to Extermination, Jean saw firsthand how Scott and Emma ended up. Emma showed her and she even got a different perspective in the solo series. I kind of feel like Emma doesnt really matter anymore. She certainly didnt help but she isnt the reason they had problems before
    Too neat and tidy. Mr. Clean neat and tidy in fact. Also completely hollow. Zero effort reconciliation equal zero reconciliation.

Jean forgiving Scott for the affair isn't the point. Their marriage was vulnerable before then. Emma just took advantage. It's impossible to discuss that vulnerability, and fix it, without discussing how it was exploited. Emma's going to come up in any genuine attempt to do so.

It wouldn't kill Jean to come clean on her "issues" with Logan either. I'm sick of us, the fans, acting as Jean apologists for stuff that happened that contributed to that vulnerability. Whether it mattered, was acted on or even known about by Scott is beside the point. If my wife and I put our physical and emotional relationship on pause for months at a time, and she decided that was due cause to proposition someone waiting in the wings, that's a serious problem, regardless of whatever naughtiness I was up to in the meantime (which in Scott's case was also a serious problem).

Marvel hasn't even come close to resolving these issues. It starts with forgiveness, or at least the willingness to forgive eventually, but it certainly doesn't end there.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

I have a soft spot for this corny dialogue. Recently when I read early Uncanny and Classic X-men issues to my pre-teen daughters, Scott and Jean's "love talk" as they called it was always a giggle worthy highlight because it's so over the top. At one point after reading a "love talk" free issue they broke into a spontaneous improv of Jean trying to profess her love for Scott without ever actually saying it. IIRC it involved a very passionate brewing of Scott's coffee on Jean's part and how the portions of milk and sugar had to be just right so Scott could taste the love in every sip. There were also muffins. I really wish I had recorded it. That was gold, even though I suspect Scott takes his coffee black.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    For those who haven't been following news about the Dark Phoenix movie, some promising news from test screeners emerged. According to someone who attended a recent screening, this movie does the Scott/Jean relationship right. Apparently, Tye Sherridan and Sophie Turner's chemistry is real. I saw signs of it when I saw them at a panel at New York Comic Con last year. It looks like it helped the movie. Even if you're not all that optimistic about this movie, the promise of seeing the Scott/Jean relationship done right on the big screen should have plenty of appeal.
    Well, at least there is one good report among the crowd of bad ones.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Well, at least there is one good report among the crowd of bad ones.
    There are several Brazilian fans on twitter who saw a test screening and loved it. They are saying that Jean, Scott, and Storm are portrayed really well.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I have a soft spot for this corny dialogue. Recently when I read early Uncanny and Classic X-men issues to my pre-teen daughters, Scott and Jean's "love talk" as they called it was always a giggle worthy highlight because it's so over the top. At one point after reading a "love talk" free issue they broke into a spontaneous improv of Jean trying to profess her love for Scott without ever actually saying it. IIRC it involved a very passionate brewing of Scott's coffee on Jean's part and how the portions of milk and sugar had to be just right so Scott could taste the love in every sip. There were also muffins. I really wish I had recorded it. That was gold, even though I suspect Scott takes his coffee black.
    Haha, that's great to hear, man.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

No wonder you were a fan of my Joelle Jones jott piece... at least I think you were, lol

Mighty Member

Too neat and tidy. Mr. Clean neat and tidy in fact. Also completely hollow. Zero effort reconciliation equal zero reconciliation.
    They've already reconciled. As thin as PR #5 was, it nevertheless happened. Scott and Jean weren't tentative or hesitant about each other. They embraced. They reiterated their love for each other. Who and what they are to each other isn't in question. The question before them now is "where do we go from here?".

I would've liked a more substantial reunion, too, but we got what we got.

Jean forgiving Scott for the affair isn't the point. Their marriage was vulnerable before then. Emma just took advantage. It's impossible to discuss that vulnerability, and fix it, without discussing how it was exploited. Emma's going to come up in any genuine attempt to do so.
    Emma is likely to be mentioned, yes, but she's not the problem anymore. Scott's relationship with her is over. As you say, the obstacles to Jott's future now lie with Scott and Jean themselves--THAT is the appropriate topic for them to discuss. The point is that it's not about Emma; it's about Scott and Jean.

That said, I suspect Jean/Bishop (or Jean/whoever) is going to preempt, or at least postpone, all that.

Marvel hasn't even come close to resolving these issues. It starts with forgiveness, or at least the willingness to forgive eventually, but it certainly doesn't end there.
    I don't think Marvel is interested in such resolution. From their POV, the affair is a 15-year-old storyline--ancient history. As I've said before, where I expect they're going is resetting Jott to will-they-or-won't-they mode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because many fans are still stuck on that moment in time. Having in down in canon how Scott and Jean resolve it will help everyone immensely.
    Not in the current X-office climate...we're likely to get a "Emma was controlling me the entire time" BS...let's just not speak of it until things change

I'm looking forward to the Jean/Scott and Jean/Logan reunions. It's not a full Xmen book without them all together again...and marvel is keeping everyone SO separate..including Xavier.

BANNED

I'm glad Jott is well portrayed in DP, because the rest of the reports weren't promising at all

Incredible Member

It wouldn't kill Jean to come clean on her "issues" with Logan either. I'm sick of us, the fans, acting as Jean apologists for stuff that happened that contributed to that vulnerability. Whether it mattered, was acted on or even known about by Scott is beside the point. If my wife and I put our physical and emotional relationship on pause for months at a time, and she decided that was due cause to proposition someone waiting in the wings, that's a serious problem, regardless of whatever naughtiness I was up to in the meantime (which in Scott's case was also a serious problem).

Which brings us to the same argument, ad nauseum. You believing that people like me, who harp and harp on what Scott did, are giving Jean a free pass. Meanwhile, I have never done that. As always, in my mind, it's the magnitude of the crimes. After Scott came back, Jean kissed Logan once( I put the Casey kiss on Logan). Scott had an ongoing psychic affair with a world class telepath.

Another as always. For some people cheating is cheating and they don't care the degree. To me. Scott crossed the line into adultery. The crimes are not equal so I don't treat them the same and I'm never going to treat them the same.

Also, Jean's actions were spurred by Scott shutting her out emotionally and physically for 5 months. This is stated in the books. Certainly this doesn't excuse what she did with Logan, but there is some context there. I did not see where Jean in any way pushed Scott into what he did with Emma. In my view, that was more about what he was going through in the aftermath of his experience with Apocalypse.

Different day, same argument. I will say that I share your fondness for that a bit outdated Silver Age dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I'm glad Jott is well portrayed in DP, because the rest of the reports weren't promising at all
    Yeah... those tweets were apparently fake. Many people are already trolling one particular tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Not in the current X-office climate...we're likely to get a "Emma was controlling me the entire time" BS...let's just not speak of it until things change
    I'm really going to hope that won't happen. Scemma was many things to many people but you can't deny the impact it had on the series and on the characters and to undo all of that or try to retcon it away would be disrespectful at the very least.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I'm really going to hope that won't happen. Scemma was many things to many people but you can't deny the impact it had on the series and on the characters and to undo all of that or try to retcon it away would be disrespectful at the very least.
    But that's how marvel works.
    They did the same to scott/maddie and Scott/Jean.
    what better way to prop up the next thing than making the previous one look bad?