Page 29 of 151 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The upcoming writers of Jean in Marvelous X-Men talk about their love for the Summers-Grey family unit

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...mily-and-more/
    Good, it is obvious they like the characters so i hope at least they handle the situation with care. I really wish they could have lasted more time as a family before breaking up, so much wasted potential.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Unpopular opinion probably, but I don't feel like Emma really "belongs with the X-Men". At least not the main/core team. During New X-Men they just kind of took her because she was jobless and wanting to help after what happened to Genosha. But it was mostly only a professional relationship, she never had that family feeling that most X-Men like the O5, Logan, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit and etc all have. Even after her relationship with Scott started that didn't really change that much, most people just tolerated her.
    To me the only essential X-men are Jean, Scott, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Xavier and maybe rogue or beast. All the other aren't as important as these and i agree that maybe Emma wasn't a member of the "family" but keep in mind that an entire generation of readers grew up with Jean being a tragic memory and emma being the top x-woman. For them it should be as weird as was Jean's death on Morrison's run for Jean fans.

So while i don't like Emma i can't help but feel a weird kind of sympathy for this particular situation. From now on regardless of what happens to Jean or Scott things are going to be very different for Emma's character and her fans. And there are some really nice ones like WhiteQueenEmmaFrost or PsychoEFrost that don't deserve that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-25-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    To me the only essential X-men are Jean, Scott, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Xavier and maybe rogue or beast. All the other aren't as important as these and i agree that maybe Emma wasn't a member of the "family" but keep in mind that an entire generation of readers grew up with Jean being a tragic memory and emma being the top x-woman. For them it should be as weird as was Jean's death on Morrison's run for Jean fans.

So while i don't like Emma i can't help but feel a weird kind of sympathy for this particular situation. From now on regardless of what happens to Jean or Scott things are going to be very different for Emma's character and her fans. And there are some really nice ones like WhiteQueenEmmaFrost or PsychoEFrost that don't deserve that.
    Aww...

I wouldn't even put Magneto in the core X list. It's Logan, Scott, Jean, Charles, Hank, Ororo, Kitty, Kurt, and Peter.

All I want is Emma to be written in character. None of this weepy crazy woman or mustache twirling villain. A hardcore fighter for mutant rights that occasionally takes things further than they need to go.

As far as the relationship circle goes, just an acknowledgement of "I tried to be happy with you, I wish the best for you." from Scott would be fine. Past that, let him and Jean move on.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah... those tweets were apparently fake. Many people are already trolling one particular tweet.

So, that tweet was fake? I was wondering why people were seeing the movie this soon. I thought they pushed the release date back to the summer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Actually the argument of what was worse is not important to this point. If the goal is to get Jean and Scott back to where they were in '97 than both of them have to work through, and correct the vulnerabilities that they both created in the relationship. It's not a matter of magnitude of blame. Just because you might think that Scott's was the greater issue, that doesn't mean that Jean's handling of the their problems doesn't need some attention as well. That's my entire point here.
    Well, I do sort of agree with this. Whatever my personal feelings, from a storytelling prospective, for the reconciliation to work , to some extent, they both have issues to work out,

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Well, I do sort of agree with this. Whatever my personal feelings, from a storytelling prospective, for the reconciliation to work , to some extent, they both have issues to work out,
    I thought I topped out at bridge building when Cuteclops and I agreed on like two things. I have to say this feels like an even greater triumph. With this kind of cooperation just think of what we could accomplish lancer.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Aww...

I wouldn't even put Magneto in the core X list. It's Logan, Scott, Jean, Charles, Hank, Ororo, Kitty, Kurt, and Peter.

All I want is Emma to be written in character. None of this weepy crazy woman or mustache twirling villain. A hardcore fighter for mutant rights that occasionally takes things further than they need to go.

As far as the relationship circle goes, just an acknowledgement of "I tried to be happy with you, I wish the best for you." from Scott would be fine. Past that, let him and Jean move on.
    Gotta say I'm mildly confused. Do the hardcore Emma fans really not want to fight for her? She's swung between boss and batty the last few years for sure. That doesn't change that she's been a fixture in the X-Men for more than an decade. I want to see her there. I like her as a part of the team. I'm not interested in seeing the X-men taking her down over some BS or looking down their noses at her. She's earned her place. The time for censure was the 80's and 90's. The X-Men and Scott in particular turning their backs on her feels wrong.

Thinking about Jean, Scott and Emma, in the context of DoX through now I'm starting to come to a very disturbing conclusion. This needs more thought.

Gotta say I'm mildly confused. Do the hardcore Emma fans really not want to fight for her? She's swung between boss and batty the last few years for sure. That doesn't change that she's been a fixture in the X-Men for more than an decade. I want to see her there. I like her as a part of the team. I'm not interested in seeing the X-men taking her down over some BS or looking down their noses at her. She's earned her place. The time for censure was the 80's and 90's. The X-Men and Scott in particular turning their backs on her feels wrong.

Thinking about Jean, Scott and Emma, in the context of DoX through now I'm starting to come to a very disturbing conclusion. This needs more thought.
    I'd love for Emma to still be with the X-Men. But it is clear it isn't going to happen with the current editorial board, so I'm willing to be happy meeting halfway. It sucks, but I don't get to pick whose in charge.

I'd love for Emma to still be with the X-Men. But it is clear it isn't going to happen with the current editorial board, so I'm willing to be happy meeting halfway. It sucks, but I don't get to pick whose in charge.
    Well I'm a Scott fan dealing with a group editor who thinks he's sort of a monster and I'm a Jott shipper reading stories written by writers who prefer Jean on her own. It's nice to be happy in life but sometimes you just have to rage a bit you know? This is one of the few platforms that we actually have to get our opinions out into the world. If you really think Emma belongs there, be vocal about it. What do you have to lose?

Well I'm a Scott fan dealing with a group editor who thinks he's sort of a monster and I'm a Jott shipper reading stories written by writers who prefer Jean on her own. It's nice to be happy in life but sometimes you just have to rage a bit you know? This is one of the few platforms that we actually have to get our opinions out into the world. If you really think Emma belongs there, be vocal about it. What do you have to lose?
    1) It's the Jott thread.

2) I prefer not be to combative on here for stuff that isn't likely to happen. Use my time to correct people who say false stuff about Emma, but I don't want to get in arguments over theoretical situations that aren't likely to occur.

1) It's the Jott thread.
    Okay that's an excellent point. I guess I didn't mean here. We probably shouldn't even be talking about this stuff here should we. I think I burnt my bridges in the Emma thread last year with a theoretical Jean\Emma conversation that was totally misunderstood so whatever.

2) I prefer not be to combative on here for stuff that isn't likely to happen. Use my time to correct people who say false stuff about Emma, but I don't want to get in arguments over theoretical situations that aren't likely to occur.
    You're talking to a guy who still hopes Jean and Scott are going to re-marry and have Rachel. I'm living in a fricken fantasy world. Again, what do we have to lose. I don't care if people think I'm crazy. I want what I want. All this is made up anyway. That means anything is "likely to occur".

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The upcoming writers of Jean in Marvelous X-Men talk about their love for the Summers-Grey family unit

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...mily-and-more/
    Great interview! It's refreshing to see some writers talk like genuine fans. Thompson and Nadler have a great take on the Summers/Grey family. It is convoluted. It is complicated, dramatic, and messy. That's exactly what makes it so great. It's also what has been missing for years now. This family unit is at the heart of the X-men. I hope they get to play a larger role, especially with both Jean and Cyclops alive again. And I hope these two get to work on it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Today I was watching Evolution with my little brother and it doesn't matter how many times I've seen it this scene is great!!

By the way, I know it's a lot to ask but hopefully the movie gets a little closer to the series of the 90's and hopefully moments like these.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

1) It's the Jott thread.

Very reasonable points. Even if you were to start a discussion about your views, I wouldn't mind giving some support.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia