Page 30 of 151 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Today I was watching Evolution with my little brother and it doesn't matter how many times I've seen it this scene is great!!

I love X-men evolution. It was the only contact i had with the x-men in my childhood before getting into comics. It's one of the cutest portrayals, they weren't together for much, it was almost all build up but it was cute and good, not toxic drama
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-26-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    By the way, I know it's a lot to ask but hopefully the movie gets a little closer to the series of the 90's and hopefully moments like these.

May not have been perfect, but I liked it. THey incorporated the retcon into the original story so Jean is not culpable for the bad stuff. Separate entity which leaves Jean at the end so no lasting death scene. And Jott is the emotional center of the story. It was certainly my favorite other media version of the story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I thought I topped out at bridge building when Cuteclops and I agreed on like two things. I have to say this feels like an even greater triumph. With this kind of cooperation just think of what we could accomplish lancer.
    You and I have at least a little bit in common. If I'm not mistaken Cuteclops didn't like Jean and hated Jott. While I don't think you and I see Jean and Scott the same way as characters, I believe we were both fans of them. Same with Jott. While we obviously huge differences in how we view things, especially Morrison on, we at least have some basis of agreement. Cuteclops is only interested in one half of the equation. Which is, of course, his right. Just saying, you are not going to see his name in this thread. Just as I have zero interest in the Scemma or Jogan threads.

Just because they compromised and tainted Jott for me doesn't mean I have any interest in the idea of them being paired with other people. Certainly not in 616. For some finite AU story it wouldn't necessarily bother me. AOA didn't bother me for just that reason. ALthough they were sort of hinting at Jott by the end. Well, technically they were both dead at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    You and I have at least a little bit in common. If I'm not mistaken Cuteclops didn't like Jean and hated Jott. While I don't think you and I see Jean and Scott the same way as characters, I believe we were both fans of them. Same with Jott. While we obviously huge differences in how we view things, especially Morrison on, we at least have some basis of agreement. Cuteclops is only interested in one half of the equation. Which is, of course, his right. Just saying, you are not going to see his name in this thread. Just as I have zero interest in the Scemma or Jogan threads.

Just because they compromised and tainted Jott for me doesn't mean I have any interest in the idea of them being paired with other people. Certainly not in 616. For some finite AU story it wouldn't necessarily bother me. AOA didn't bother me for just that reason. ALthough they were sort of hinting at Jott by the end. Well, technically they were both dead at the end.
    So where does that leave you? If you truly believe Jott is tainted, but aren't interested in seeing them paired with anyone else, what's an outcome that you'd favor?

It seems to me there's no where to go from there. Sure, Jott it tainted, but I don't see that as something that can't be overcome. It probably won't ever be what it was, but I'd rather that than have them agnst'ing away for each other but never being able to do anything about it. Or even worse, settling for someone else.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    So where does that leave you? If you truly believe Jott is tainted, but aren't interested in seeing them paired with anyone else, what's an outcome that you'd favor?

It seems to me there's no where to go from there. Sure, Jott it tainted, but I don't see that as something that can't be overcome. It probably won't ever be what it was, but I'd rather that than have them agnst'ing away for each other but never being able to do anything about it. Or even worse, settling for someone else.

Where does it leave me? Same place I've been. I don't buy the books. We know what I'D like to have happen. Retcon Scott's culpability for that behavior. But we know that isn't happening nor would I objectively recommend Marvel do it. It would please probably a handful of people and piss off everyone else. You can probably find a handful of people who liked mostly anything ever written.
    There were probably a handful of people who liked Warren and Paige Guthrie together. Does that mean they should bring it back?

We'll see. If Marvel did some Jott story, I would probably look at it. I didn't hesitate to look at the PR page I saw posted here. I saw it, I enjoyed. I enjoyed seeing them act like the Jott I knew. That said, it was one page and Scott was gone again. I didn't really think have to think about the baggage. He's back for good and you can't avoid the baggage. Even if they didn't bring it up, I'd know it was there.

That's how I feel now. Maybe time will change that. I wouldn't lay odds on it because I feel the same way about that affair that I did the day I read NXM 131. i still remember just sort of tossing the book away in disgust. Which doesn't change what Marvel might have planned now and it sure seems like they are not shutting the door on Jott. As I said, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Where does it leave me? Same place I've been. I don't buy the books. We know what I'D like to have happen. Retcon Scott's culpability for that behavior. But we know that isn't happening nor would I objectively recommend Marvel do it. It would please probably a handful of people and piss off everyone else. You can probably find a handful of people who liked mostly anything ever written.
    There were probably a handful of people who liked Warren and Paige Guthrie together. Does that mean they should bring it back?

We'll see. If Marvel did some Jott story, I would probably look at it. I didn't hesitate to look at the PR page I saw posted here. I saw it, I enjoyed. I enjoyed seeing them act like the Jott I knew. That said, it was one page and Scott was gone again. I didn't really think have to think about the baggage. He's back for good and you can't avoid the baggage. Even if they didn't bring it up, I'd know it was there.

That's how I feel now. Maybe time will change that. I wouldn't lay odds on it because I feel the same way about that affair that I did the day I read NXM 131. i still remember just sort of tossing the book away in disgust. Which doesn't change what Marvel might have planned now and it sure seems like they are not shutting the door on Jott. As I said, we'll see.
    I hope you find something to bring you back. 15 years is a long time to stay out of continuity over a decision a single writer made. I wasn't buying comics at the time it came out but I read the issue a few weeks later at a friends and I recall being pretty bitter about it. I kind of felt like the writing was on the wall before then but I get how you felt.

I've mostly gotten past the point where I will let some hack writer screw with my emotions like that. It can still happen but it's a lot of power to give a perfect stranger and as I've gotten older, I let it effect me less and less. I think your decision to get out at the time was probably the right one. Personally I believe that Jott's stock hasn't been higher since SfC so maybe they'll give you a reason to come back and see how it goes.

I've been putting some thought into how Marvel would handle Jott when they decide to give it another try. I'm less worried about drama and more worried about them just not quite being able to recapture what made the couple great. Claremont, Thomas, Simonson, Lobdell and the other writers that really made the relationship work obviously cared a great deal about them and built on the great work that had come before. I'm not sure modern writers really understand how or why the relationship worked. It's also verily grounded in '60's through '90's sexual relations and politics that clearly are no longer embraced by Marvel. What impact this has will be difficult to predict.

Whatever happens, unfortunately we'll not be able to go back to '97 and continue on from there. It will be something new, and I'm not entirely sure I'll like what it becomes. In the spirit of staying positive I have some signs that are hopeful, but they're really just flashes like a few panels in PR and Jean's interactions with Tyke in Extermination.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post

Damn it,jean.It is "Hi,three eyes."

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Damn it,jean.It is "Hi,three eyes."
    One eye could have worked too. But four?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    One eye could have worked too. But four?
    Because most of the time Jean sees him outside his combat gear, so he wears his usual glasses. Hence, four-eyes.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because most of the time Jean sees him outside his combat gear, so he wears his usual glasses. Hence, four-eyes.
    He..he...outside his combat gear...

Horrible/childish joke aside, yeah that makes sense. I feel very foolish now.

(I just reread my post and have no idea what the intended joke was supposed to be. I'm never typing when sleep deprived again.)
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-27-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Trouble in paradise.

The infamous hot tub scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well,not that exact moment.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Trouble in paradise.

Funny that this is actually a cameo from WildC.A.T.s and not an X-Men comic.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Funny that this is actually a cameo from WildC.A.T.s and not an X-Men comic.
    True, but I did enjoy the fact that 'Scott' is mentally at work most of the time.
    Dark does not mean deep.