Page 33 of 151 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Amusing yes, but not in the way Marvel would most likely prefer. The similarities do worry me. The excitement of Scott's return is definitely bleeding out for me now.
    I'll hold on to the hope that Scott is not written as pathetic as Black Bolt was, but I know it's useless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paying customer View Post
    You’re right PrezValentine. She wasn’t always a B.
    Characterizations are whatever the writer feels like at Marvel. Not that it's recent.

Look at Scott's feelings for Jean. He wanted to get rid of her in Endsong. Then you have Messiah Complex when he lets Cable do his job BC Hope reminds him of Jean. Then Fraction, biggest Scemma shipper out there, making so that Scott would hide his feelings for Jean from Emma. Not to mention Whedon, who actually made Scemma a thing, showing that Jean was, along with Xavier, the very last thing Scott would see before death.

It would be funny if it didn't feel ridiculous.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I barely can buy 3 or 4 titles per week. Comics are pretty expensive on my country.
    Every physical issue costs me 9 american dollars, digitally is cheaper but it feels like such a waste sometimes if i cant have the physical book.

I try reading fanfictions to please my inner shipper these days

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bit of a strange thing to suggest in a Jott appreciation thread...but aside from that, I don't see the point, the two are going to get back together eventually anyway. You can give it a few years or maybe you can manage a decade if you're stubborn enough, but don't kid yourself, none of these characters "move on"...look at Rogue and Gambit, look at Medusa and Black Bolt, look at Peter and MJ.
    this is when you wish that there is a "thumb up" feature on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I barely can buy 3 or 4 titles per week. Comics are pretty expensive on my country.
    Every physical issue costs me 9 american dollars, digitally is cheaper but it feels like such a waste sometimes if i cant have the physical book.

I try reading fanfictions to please my inner shipper these days
    9 USD? Yikes.

I feel the same with digital. It's just not the same until, I box it.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    9 USD? Yikes.

I feel the same with digital. It's just not the same until, I box it.
    Yeah, I kind of need a floppy in my hand in order to feel satisfied.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-29-2019 at 10:08 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Just read age of x-man, one thing that occurs that I really didn't like
    spoilers:
    Jean and bishop apparently have a sexual relationship,which even 616 jean and logan never had .
    So if this is really a pocket universe and not some mindscape, I guess they are making jean even with scott in having a sexual relationship with someone other than each other like scott and Emma
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 01-30-2019 at 04:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

Bleeding Cool reported this rumor months ago. Rumor has it that some relationships started here will carry over back to the MCU. I am not sure about Bishop and Jean since it seems so out of left field, and neither had much interaction in the main MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    Bleeding Cool reported this rumor months ago. Rumor has it that some relationships started here will carry over back to the MCU. I am not sure about Bishop and Jean since it seems so out of left field, and neither had much interaction in the main MCU.
    All the more reason not to give it much consideration and that it will eventually fall apart. It's based off a rocky foundation.

I don't like scemma but...

At one point Scott and Emma were in the same place as Jean/Bishop.
    who could possibly conceive that Scott was going to hook up with Emma at the time, when they had been enemies on the past?
    now there are people who can't think of them apart.

it made no sense at the time but the development of the characters and relationships throught the years is what sold it
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-30-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Scott and Emma developed gradually over the course of a few years before they became an official couple. Bishop and Jean automatically start off as one with zero build up. Its not the same situation

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott and Emma developed gradually over the course of a few years before they became an official couple. Bishop and Jean automatically start off as one with zero build up. Its not the same situation
    Yeah, and I see marvel continuing it after age of x- man just to cause drama between jott. I know a few Jean fans have wanted scott away from Jean. Continuing this after serves that purpose and also doesn't drag Logan into it in theory. But yeah doesn't seem similar to Scott and Emma

You're right. To be honest i haven't read the Alpha issue. So i don't know how it was handled

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    You're right. To be honest i haven't read the Alpha issue. So i don't know how it was handled
    Don't read this if you want to read yourself, but basically:

spoilers:
    they show Jean initiating a kiss with Bishop. Then there are a few panels showing some "history". Then there's a scene showing then in the bed room, where it's implied they just had sex since Jean is shown topless from the back view. But it also has Bishop questioning the situation of their reality meaning age of x- man
    end of spoilers

I remember different, there was the psychic affair, then Jean dies and they are a couple. A lot of development happened on Whedon astonishing, after they were a couple