Page 34 of 151 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I remember different, there was the psychic affair, then Jean dies and they are a couple. A lot of development happened on Whedon astonishing, after they were a couple
    Yeah and it sucked, worst start ever for a relationship

I remember different, there was the psychic affair, then Jean dies and they are a couple. A lot of development happened on Whedon astonishing, after they were a couple
    There was a good 3 years of development before they became a couple in Whedon's run. They didnt just show up in an issue out of the blue as an established pair in love. How they started was awful and I dont like them either but dont act like there was development to get them to that point

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There was a good 3 years of development before they became a couple in Whedon's run. They didnt just show up in an issue out of the blue as an established pair in love. How they started was awful and I dont like them either but dont act like there was development to get them to that point
    I love you for this post
    Scott and Emma do have history just Like Scott and Jean.

They were sleeping together on issue 1, when Wolverine attacks Scott because of Jean. That was damn fast
    Not sure how fast a couple materialize on comics, but Scemma felt very fast.

They were sleeping together on issue 1, when Wolverine attacks Scott because of Jean. That was damn fast
    Not sure how fast a couple materialize on comics, but Scemma felt very fast.
    Issue 1 of Astonishing. You are ignoring the 3-4 years of setup in New X-men to get them to that point. We saw them gradually fall for each other. He was married but their feelings were real

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Just read age of x-man, one thing that occurs that I really didn't like
    spoilers:
    Jean and bishop apparently have a sexual relationship,which even 616 jean and logan never had .
    So if this is really a pocket universe and not some mindscape, I guess they are making jean even with scott in having a sexual relationship with someone other than each other like scott and Emma
    end of spoilers
    I knew I would not like it but I had to read it to know how much I was going to be upset and
    spoilers:
    on the one hand yes the fact that Jean and Bishop have some kind of sexual relationship displeases me, not for that in itself, if not for good I have always seen Jean as that girl who has a great inner fire but likes go slowly, she and Scott were together for a long time until they went to bed for the first time, this was one of the reasons why Jean Ultimate disliked me at first, she barely knew Logan and was already sleeping with him, too one unpleasant thing is that apparently she begins her relationship with Bishop while Scott is still alive, it is already speculated that she will choose Bishop over Scott and this is not a good omen. Jean is also seen as the one who is more interested in having a relationship with Bishop than Bishop himself, I don't know how bad it can be, Another thing that I dislike about this relationship is that if they decide that Jean and Bishop follow together in 616 this could seriously damage the relationship she has with Hope and Cable, and some writers like CC don't consider Jean as the mother of Cable, this can distance them more, we saw last week that Bable was more interested in his father than in his mother.
    end of spoilers

Issue 1 of Astonishing. You are ignoring the 3-4 years of setup in New X-men to get them to that point. We saw them gradually fall for each other. He was married but their feelings were real
    Yes and not, although those feelings could be real, how real are they when Scott still suffered post-traumatic stress?, in that situation many people do things that normally wouldn't do, say things that normally wouldn't say and feel things that normally wouldn't feel or even that they are an illusion of his subconscious to try to keep him away from the main focus of his stress.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I knew I would not like it but I had to read it to know how much I was going to be upset and
    spoilers:
    on the one hand yes the fact that Jean and Bishop have some kind of sexual relationship displeases me, not for that in itself, if not for good I have always seen Jean as that girl who has a great inner fire but likes go slowly, she and Scott were together for a long time until they went to bed for the first time, this was one of the reasons why Jean Ultimate disliked me at first, she barely knew Logan and was already sleeping with him, too one unpleasant thing is that apparently she begins her relationship with Bishop while Scott is still alive, it is already speculated that she will choose Bishop over Scott and this is not a good omen. Jean is also seen as the one who is more interested in having a relationship with Bishop than Bishop himself, I don't know how bad it can be, Another thing that I dislike about this relationship is that if they decide that Jean and Bishop follow together in 616 this could seriously damage the relationship she has with Hope and Cable, and some writers like CC don't consider Jean as the mother of Cable, this can distance them more, we saw last week that Bable was more interested in his father than in his mother.
    end of spoilers
    Eh, I'm just gonna roll with the punches on this one. If this is the setup for the relationship, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be rooting for it. Scott needs some time to focus on work and family anyways.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Yes and not, although those feelings could be real, how real are they when Scott still suffered post-traumatic stress?, in that situation many people do things that normally wouldn't do, say things that normally wouldn't say and feel things that normally wouldn't feel or even that they are an illusion of his subconscious to try to keep him away from the main focus of his stress.
    That’s irrelevant to my point. You can argue the validity of his feelings due to PTSD but it doesn’t change the fact that they weren’t an insta couple. Emma tried to help him work through his trauma and we saw that happen over time which is when the feelings developed

Now I don’t think Scott was in love with Emma in that run; he was confused. I think being relieved of his guilt in HCT opened him up to allow himself to fall in love with her. Before it was an infatuation bc she was giving him something he felt he lacked in his marriage
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-30-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Agree with all of this

Emma was right

Oh this again. How true are Jean's feelings? She's dying a lot, she was possessed, she must also have a post-traumatic stress. This card works both ways, so stop this nonsense. These are comics, not a lecture on psychology.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah and it sucked, worst start ever for a relationship
    Which is why it was never going to last. It only ran for as long because certain people in charge were stubborn about it and wanting to really rub it in that Jott was finished at the time. It started on patchy ice, and ultimately the foundation collapsed, and in a very expected fashion too...didn't matter how much "development" had occurred, it had a flawed design and ended exactly the way most expected it to. In Marvel time, the relationship barely lasted a few years compared to the near decade in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Oh this again. How true are Jean's feelings? She's dying a lot, she was possessed, she must also have a post-traumatic stress. This card works both ways, so stop this nonsense. These are comics, not a lecture on psychology.
    Nonsense:
    She's dying a lot? only twice, of which canonically only one is real.
    she was possessed? when? Phoenix? Dark Phoenix is ​​the same Phoenix who acts with the personality of Jean, in New X-men it is canonically the first time she really is possessed by the Phoenix and as we see she is quite different from what she used to be before.
    she must also have a post-traumatic stress? when? in X-factor she did not suffer this because she never lived it, she just woke up from a long nap.

Jott is very different from Scemme in this sense, they developed feelings as teenagers and became a couple long before the Phoenix, the interactions before New X-men tha Scott and Emma had were antagonistic, sorry but your argument has no validity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I get what you're saying but not really. Jean's come back from the dead twice and both times was well adjusted. She didnt jump into a relationship both times either. There's no history of PTSD with her whereas with Scott it was a plot point, not simply bc he had died but bc he was tainted by the merger with Apocalypse. With that said, I also dont buy that as an excuse to disregard things that happened with him after he came back

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Which is why it was never going to last. It only ran for as long because certain people in charge were stubborn about it and wanting to really rub it in that Jott was finished at the time. It started on patchy ice, and ultimately the foundation collapsed, and in a very expected fashion too...didn't matter how much "development" had occurred, it had a flawed design and ended exactly the way most expected it to. In Marvel time, the relationship barely lasted a few years compared to the near decade in real time.
    People expected it to end due to a forced love triangle? It probably didn't start an ideal way, but the writers did the best they could with what was given.

As far as Scott and Jean go, it just seems as if we might have to wait a little longer.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia