Page 35 of 151 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean died ton of times on endsong. I believe Wolverine killed her, i don't remember well just as Morrison run i only read endsong once.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean died ton of times on endsong. I believe Wolverine killed her, i don't remember well just as Morrison run i only read endsong once.
    That doesnt count for what we are discussing. She remained dead in that mini and didnt return to Earth as a human that could experience PTSD. She was alive for like an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Issue 1 of Astonishing. You are ignoring the 3-4 years of setup in New X-men to get them to that point. We saw them gradually fall for each other. He was married but their feelings were real
    Not a good set up in any way, I don't know how many issue were used on the sex therapy but the build up wasn't satisfactory. Whedon only had Scott in love with Emma later on his run.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not a good set up in any way, I don't know how many issue were used on the sex therapy but the build up wasn't satisfactory. Whedon only had Scott in love with Emma later on his run.
    I acknowledged how they started wasnt good and you dont need to be in love to be a couple. Most people arent when that first happens

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I think the main concern was that there was setup. Whether it met the standards of everyone is left up in the air.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think the main concern was that there was setup. Whether it met the standards of everyone is left up in the air.
    there was a set up, that is true. it's nothing like a full blown development. Role play sex and talking badly of your wife rarely counts as romance.

there was a set up, that is true. it's nothing like a full blown development. Role play sex and talking badly of your wife rarely counts as romance.
    That's still technically quite subjective. It's probably a kink for some. Also, apart from Endsong, I don't remember Scott talking bad about Jean.

Either way, back to Scott and Jean. What can we expect on their first meetup?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I really don't know what to expect. They seem to be pretty in love since coming back from the death, they have also been apart so long they surely have a lot to talk about but at the same time Jean will probably be with Bishop so that obviously complicates things for both relationships.

It's obvious they are not getting together though, but under what circunstances and how will their dynamic/interactions play out i have no idea
    fvdxhbg.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    hckht.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-30-2019 at 09:32 AM.

BANNED

Nothing good, I think. They'll hug, then she'll tell him about Bishop and he'll go back to grinding his brain through work , preferably away from them, until things can stop being awkward.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I knew I would not like it but I had to read it to know how much I was going to be upset and
    spoilers:
    on the one hand yes the fact that Jean and Bishop have some kind of sexual relationship displeases me, not for that in itself, if not for good I have always seen Jean as that girl who has a great inner fire but likes go slowly, she and Scott were together for a long time until they went to bed for the first time, this was one of the reasons why Jean Ultimate disliked me at first, she barely knew Logan and was already sleeping with him, too one unpleasant thing is that apparently she begins her relationship with Bishop while Scott is still alive, it is already speculated that she will choose Bishop over Scott and this is not a good omen. Jean is also seen as the one who is more interested in having a relationship with Bishop than Bishop himself, I don't know how bad it can be, Another thing that I dislike about this relationship is that if they decide that Jean and Bishop follow together in 616 this could seriously damage the relationship she has with Hope and Cable, and some writers like CC don't consider Jean as the mother of Cable, this can distance them more, we saw last week that Bable was more interested in his father than in his mother.
    end of spoilers
    I'm confused
    spoilers:
    Where did you read that the relationship started while Scott was alive?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Nothing good, I think. They'll hug, then she'll tell him about Bishop and he'll go back to grinding his brain through work , preferably away from them, until things can stop being awkward.
    Interesting, can't say I see it going another way from this as well. Though to be fair, if Nate ends up dead from all of this it would be weird to be adamant on trying out the relationship.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Interesting, can't say I see it going another way from this as well. Though to be fair, if Nate ends up dead from all of this it would be weird to be adamant on trying out the relationship.
    Gonna have to take the writer's word that it will matter, so for all effects and purposes, Jean and Bishop will keep going in the real world, as they've been implying. Can't see it going other way.

And naturally Scott will suffer for it.

Mighty Member

Zac Thompson has made it clear Jean/Bishop is going to last beyond "Age of X-Man".

So, what we can expect of Scott and Jean's initial reunion is a mixture of mutual happiness that they're both alive plus a whole lot of awkwardness and, at least on Scott's part, angst. There will be some exchange of good feelings and assurances of friendship between them followed by, so Marvel can maximize the drama, Jean choosing Bishop over Scott. Jean/Bishop will then continue for some length of time with Scott stoically pining for his now ex-wife and Jean occasionally looking back his way. Bishop will angst, too, over being in the middle. This will accomplish two things narratively: 1) it puts Scott and Jean in the will-they-or-won't-they mode Marvel prefers and 2) to an extent, it broadly reverse-images Scott and Jean's break-up arc in Morrison's run. This time, it's Jean who is pairing off with someone else, but, because of the extenuating circumstances of "Age of X-Man", her moral credibility isn't taking the hit that Scott's did over his affair with Emma.

I'm also convinced at this point that Jean will be pregnant with Bishop's child when she returns to 616. This will massively raise the dramatic stakes, serve as an incentive to keep Jean and Bishop together, and up the angst factor for Scott by an order of magnitude.

Down the road (as Rosenberg said) Scott and Jean MIGHT get back together. Given the X-office's roughly 2-3 year planning horizon, we can reasonably guess that's the timeline we're currently looking at. BUT, Marvel has been known to change direction midstream. For example, Hope was originally supposed to be Jean reincarnated, but Marvel welched on that with AvX. Bottom line: Jean/Bishop could last six months or it could last a decade.

The more I think about it, the more I think that, with Jean/Bishop, Marvel is taking another crack at credibly splitting Scott and Jean but this time without either one of them coming out looking bad. Scemma was flawed in that it made Scott an adulterer. This time, Scott and Jean haven't been together for years, and Jean and Bishop's relationship is starting in an AU where neither of them remember their true pasts.

Even though it's been 18 YEARS since Scott and Jean were together as a healthy, stable couple (and thus in Jordan White's formulation, stale and boring), Marvel nevertheless still views their relationship as a stodgy status quo in need of subversion.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Gonna have to take the writer's word that it will matter, so for all effects and purposes, Jean and Bishop will keep going in the real world, as they've been implying. Can't see it going other way.

And naturally Scott will suffer for it.
    Unfortunately, I would have to agree. Especially since Scott suffering makes this feel the most realistic approach.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia