Page 38 of 151 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I know that you are talking about Scott, but is the same reason of why i never liked Jogan. Really the person pinning just come across as pathetic or creepy.
    Thus it's the perfect opportunity for Scott and Logan to bond. It'd be pretty neat for them to have a small series.

Also if this is setup for a brand reboot, it's a weird way for Marvel to setup Jean and Scott this time.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Thus it's the perfect opportunity for Scott and Logan to bond. It'd be pretty neat for them to have a small series.

Also if this is setup for a brand reboot, it's a weird way for Marvel to setup Jean and Scott this time.
    Honestly, i'm kind of worried of how they are going to handle those 2, i just hope that Logan at the very least admit some of his mistakes. I mean, he already admitted his hipocrisy before dying, so at the very least i hope that he is less of a dick toward Scott.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I can't wait to see scott and logan working side by side. Without schism or love triangles, it could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    -nobody is getting a baby
    -there is no need to bash jean/bishop or the relationship. I understand that is problematic for jott but there is nothing we can do about it. It is better to accept it. Thats life.
    -it sucks, i like scott pinning for jean. I think its cute and i mean she was his wife, there is nothing wrong with him showing that he loves her because he does. Rosenberg said phoenix resurrection will be very important on his uncanny so i suppose there is going to be some scott pinning for jean, which is cute but i already see his fans complaining.
    It works when both are pining for each other. Like in X-factor or like when they were younger and Scott was clueless about Jean's attraction to him. Rosenberg having Scott longing for Jean could work if it leads to something but it won't be cute if it doesn't.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nice piece!.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Nice piece. Your collection of art never ceases to amaze.
    Thanks. Unfortunately art is the only way besides re reading old comics to get my jott fix

I can't wait to see scott and logan working side by side. Without schism or love triangles, it could be cool.
    This. I miss them working together too

-nobody is getting a baby
    -there is no need to bash jean/bishop or the relationship. I understand that is problematic for jott but there is nothing we can do about it. It is better to accept it. Thats life.
    -it sucks, i like scott pinning for jean. I think its cute and i mean she was his wife, there is nothing wrong with him showing that he loves her because he does. Rosenberg said phoenix resurrection will be very important on his uncanny so i suppose there is going to be some scott pinning for jean, which is cute but i already see his fans complaining.
    It is not, reverse the roles and see how things look. Jean would be weakened by the fact that she can't overcome that her husband chose another woman instead of her.
    Scott has been treated badly over the past few years, his wife died, his mentor turned out to be a tyrant, his friends turned their backs on him, stopped being seen as one of the greatest heroes by an unsavory guy who cheated, an antihero, the "greater heroes" of the earth considered him a villain, his friends equal, didn't receive respect even after his death, now he has to return to life only to see the love of his life in the arms of another? I don't see anything good in all this, as I mentioned this issue will only bring bad things, not only for Jott but also for Jean and Scott as well as the relationship of Jean with her children especially Nathan and Rachel. if this matter ends when they come back from this UA there will be no problem, so those fans who want Jean to sleep with others will be happy, that does not mean that Jean and Scott are back together automatically, they still have many things to solve but If they maintain this relationship, it will only bring bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yes. I think now we understand that line from PR when Jean told Scott they were better of dead. I'm kidding. I'm mostly kidding.

I'm not sure how cute pining away for a girl who's with someone else actually is, baby or no. We saw this with Logan and I don't recall any part of it that was cute.
    Is true lol, I really do not know why they do this to Scott, it is clear that Marvel hates him, when Jean was dead and if she had returned to receive the same treatment that Scott whould recive soon would have been horrible. she was lucky to avoid that wound, it seems that Scott will not have the same luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    To try to lighten the mood here is a piece I'm awaiting from Darryl Banks
    Attachment 77829
    That's a beauty. Thanks for sharing. Lightening the mood is appreciated.

That's a beauty. Thanks for sharing. Lightening the mood is appreciated.
    No problem, like I've stated already, besides reading old stories only way to get my jott fix currently

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Is true lol, I really do not know why they do this to Scott, it is clear that Marvel hates him, when Jean was dead and if she had returned to receive the same treatment that Scott whould recive soon would have been horrible. she was lucky to avoid that wound, it seems that Scott will not have the same luck.
    I think it's honestly a trapping of Scott's character now. He fights for others, but doesn't consider himself worth defending. Luckily he's had very strong support over the years from various sources to shore up his self-worth issues. Charles, Ororo, Jean, Emma, Nathan and most of the other senior X-Men all chimed in at different times to say "you're worth something Scott, you matter to us". It's the most heartbreaking thing about the last 15 years or so. Everyone of those people has reversed that narrative, with the exception of Jean, who's been absent, and Emma, who's also absent. And Nathan who's pretty much absent by nature.

As Fubar pointed out, Marvel came up with a way to keep Jean's morality intact in this situation. That's not new. Marvel made Scott take the fall with Maddie so they could re-unite Jott in '86. They did it again when they decided that Emma should be paired up with Scott instead. So, the shoe will never be on the other foot, because when it's comes to looking bad, Marvel will always select Scott if the choice is between him and Jean. Even when Jean misbehaves, mostly around the PF, every one of the X-Men line up to defend her.

That may come of sounding like I'm sour on Jean. I'm not. I'm sour on Marvel writers and editors who signed off on these moves and who are still at it.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Post in Hq
    That is beautiful. Can't wait to see this moment in the movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think it's honestly a trapping of Scott's character now. He fights for others, but doesn't consider himself worth defending. Luckily he's had very strong support over the years from various sources to shore up his self-worth issues. Charles, Ororo, Jean, Emma, Nathan and most of the other senior X-Men all chimed in at different times to say "you're worth something Scott, you matter to us". It's the most heartbreaking thing about the last 15 years or so. Everyone of those people has reversed that narrative, with the exception of Jean, who's been absent, and Emma, who's also absent. And Nathan who's pretty much absent by nature.

As Fubar pointed out, Marvel came up with a way to keep Jean's morality intact in this situation. That's not new. Marvel made Scott take the fall with Maddie so they could re-unite Jott in '86. They did it again when they decided that Emma should be paired up with Scott instead. So, the shoe will never be on the other foot, because when it's comes to looking bad, Marvel will always select Scott if the choice is between him and Jean. Even when Jean misbehaves, mostly around the PF, every one of the X-Men line up to defend her.

That may come of sounding like I'm sour on Jean. I'm not. I'm sour on Marvel writers and editors who signed off on these moves and who are still at it.
    Maybe on the surface a Jean/Bishop relationship started from the AoXM AU allows them to keep their moral credibility but it also hurts the characters in that the basis was manufactured by another person and they choose to keep it going anyway. This applies to any relationship carried over into the main MU - I wonder if Marvel has even considered the implications. I mean, Jean is a powerful telepath but can't separate those memories from reality? Or worse - chooses not to?

And just reading that first paragraph makes me sad for Scott, how can anyone think he deserves any further antagonism?

Hell you are so right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Maybe on the surface a Jean/Bishop relationship started from the AoXM AU allows them to keep their moral credibility but it also hurts the characters in that the basis was manufactured by another person and they choose to keep it going anyway. This applies to any relationship carried over into the main MU - I wonder if Marvel has even considered the implications. I mean, Jean is a powerful telepath but can't separate those memories from reality? Or worse - chooses not to?

And just reading that first paragraph makes me sad for Scott, how can anyone think he deserves any further antagonism?
    According to this place, he's a symbol of hate, toxic masculinity and whatever buzzwords I can't come up with, so I guess he deserves all he got. It's seriously sad. If anything, Ulfhammer's post makes me wish Scott just stayed away from Jean and the rest of the X-Men, for his own good lol

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    According to this place, he's a symbol of hate, toxic masculinity and whatever buzzwords I can't come up with, so I guess he deserves all he got. It's seriously sad. If anything, Ulfhammer's post makes me wish Scott just stayed away from Jean and the rest of the X-Men, for his own good lol
    Ulfhammer knows that I’d be happy to see Jott come back for y’all, but I don’t want him involved in this if it’s gonna go badly for him.