Page 42 of 151 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    What Claremont was talking about was a world where the characters progressed. This was before "Marvel Time" existed PZ23. The first thing Claremont did was graduate the X-Men and ship them off to college\the real world. That's the original ANAD team's reason for being. Scott couldn't "X-Men" all by himself. So in this world of change and growth, kids wouldn't be killed off, and lives of the older X-Men would proceed much more life ours do in the real world. Claremont essentially said the world of the X-Men was no way to live long term and he couldn't imagine anyone staying for any serious length of time. I think he planned to retire Jean and Scott in their early twenties. So if there kids went on to become X-Men (like Cable did), I don't see that as boring. I actually see it a really cool way to change the guard will still keeping the older X-Men around to parachute in occasionally and show the kids how it's done.

That would not work in a shared universe though. It would indirectly age all the other characters.

Yo Spidey, you started around the same time as the X-men how come you are still 20 years old while they are pushing 35.....

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    That would not work in a shared universe though. It would indirectly age all the other characters.

Yo Spidey, you started around the same time as the X-men how come you are still 20 years old while they are pushing 35.....
    This idea predates publisher wide crossovers and the kind of shared universe we've had since the original Secret Wars started changing everything. I'm not particularly interested in the kind of shared universe we have today. IMO the X-Books haven't benefited from it.

Moreover I think you're given far too much credit to Marvel in caring about continuity during crossovers in any event.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post

last time JDW said something about ages. He said that Scott was like 27 years old (i suppose Jean is around the same age), Beast being the oldest is not even 30.

Also this whole discussion about kids growing up is pointless because nothing of that happened and Marvel seems happy with Cable and Rachel as their kids.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-31-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    last time JDW said something about ages. He said that Scott was like 27 years old (i suppose Jean is around the same age), Beast being the oldest is not even 30.
    That is not correct as Beast celebrated his 30th birthday back in the 90's at Harry's Hideaway. I don't care what JDW says.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That is not correct as Beast celebrated his 30th birthday back in the 90's at Harry's Hideaway. I don't care what JDW says.
    I know, even Rosenberg in his astonishing run had beast complaining about how old he was but Marvel phylosophy contradicts this.
    At the end of the day, Marvel isn't really going to let their characters age anymore or let the timeline advance so much.

Character birthday parties shouldn't be saying what ages are.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    I'm sorry finger error, it was not here where I wanted to put it.
    Okay, no problem
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-31-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Fantastic Member

I'm sorry finger error, it was not here where I wanted to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Also this whole discussion about kids growing up is pointless because nothing of that happened and Marvel seems happy with Cable and Rachel as their kids.
    If we had to limit our discussions to only what Marvel would actually do, it would be a lot quieter around here wouldn't it. Especially in this thread. If we can't explore these ideas here, where can we?

You seem a little discouraged as of late PZ. Maybe all the recent developments are a bit too much.

There aren't enough of us left to afford to lose anyone.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

If we had to limit our discussions to only what Marvel would actually do, it would be a lot quieter around here wouldn't it. Especially in this thread. If we can't explore these ideas here, where can we?

You seem a little discouraged as of late PZ. Maybe all the recent developments are a bit too much.

Hear, Hear!
    Yes definitely, jott fans are a dying breed here. I feel there are more scemma fans for some reason. Hell pending them possibly screwing jott in favor of bishop/jean I'll give up.

There are things creators say that are best ignored bc they contradict earlier material, don’t add anything or flat out don’t make sense. That is one of them

BANNED

At this point, the few of us have almost no reasons to have faith in the pairing in the future lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    At this point, the few of us have almost no reasons to have faith in the pairing in the future lol
    I'm relatively fresh to X-Forums, so I have enough naive optimism for all of us. Just leave it to me.