Page 43 of 151 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

I think some of you are 5-6 months too early to worry about Jean/Bishop or Jean/Scott. Same for those who think Scott's character will be ruined by Jean because he cant get over her.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Hear, Hear!
    Yes definitely, jott fans are a dying breed here. I feel there are more scemma fans for some reason. Hell pending them possibly screwing jott in favor of bishop/jean I'll give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    At this point, the few of us have almost no reasons to have faith in the pairing in the future lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm relatively fresh to X-Forums, so I have enough naive optimism for all of us. Just leave it to me.
    Anyone who was a fan of this ship when it was still active has lived through much worse then this, for much longer. There's really no reason to panic or give up. If anything, the most obvious impact of AoXM is to create more drama down the road between Scott and Jean. Despite it being distasteful, it's actually a good sign. It means Marvel still views Jott as relevant and meaningful. That's if you didn't pick that up already from Blue, PR, the Red Annual, the Uncanny Annual and Extermination. There's been more written about this ship in the last year than the 14 or so years that proceeded that.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    You seem a little discouraged as of late PZ. Maybe all the recent developments are a bit too much.
    I can be a bit negative sometimes, sorry for that. It isn't my intention to drag other people down.

It is just that i like this relationship so much. When they are together is so cute and beautiful, i love stracrossed lovers and i think that's what jean is for scott and scott is for jean. Jott has many tropes that i love in romance, such as growing up together, marrying, they didn't have kids in the conventional but they kind of have them, being made for each other, lose each other and lasting so much. It's a huge part of such beautiful characters as Jean and Scott through all the story of the x-books, something unique that not even trying could be replicated with other partners.

Dt3U2UrXgAAuc7v.jpg
    DMYZRl6X4AAC65o.jpg
    sdgt.jpg
    It's something i'm really pasionate about but when i come here i mostly read about how bad it is, that they are the cause of every trouble for each other, that everything is about toxic masculinity (i'm not even a man), that they suck and shouldn't even exist at the same time or should be with other people to never again be romantically involved and it is dumb but it affects me somehow. It is immature, it doesn't make sense but it does affect me because for me is something beautiful and enjoyable, because for me they are soul mates and when they are apart something is wrong in the X-men books, a sense of family is lost, they are truly partners in life during the different periods of their lives and the story of the X-men if the couple that during most of the x-men story (to this day) has sweared to love each other forever doesnt love each other, what does love even mean?

I dislike a lot how aggresive some people become for this topic and instead of looking at a unique romance, they look at a problem (when it is not), i dislike how eventually the conversation derails into hate for Jean, Scott, Emma, Bishop,jott,scemma,bean when all of these are good people and fans that just want have to a good time.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-31-2019 at 01:21 PM.

I wish people could be less toxic, i wish more people could see this relationship for how good it is but marvel itself is determined to screw it in order to prop up literally any other thing. when for me, personally i prefer long lasting romances with a huge tradition. that is beautiful for me but some people just want to ignore it and jump into literally anything else.

it's tragic and sad inside and outside of the books. This is so dumb but i can't help but feel that way, i don't know why
    kiss.jpg
    cutecable1 - copy.jpg

(Sorry i put one picture two times, i don't know how to erase it)

Also, Thanks Ulfhammer. I really appreciate your words. Please don't let mine drag you down
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-31-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    where is the first image with scott from?
    "Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know."
    -Hoid

"This fire doesn't make him afraid. It doesn't destroy. This is life"

Nice
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I can be a bit negative sometimes, sorry for that. It isn't my intention to drag other people down.

It is just that i like this relationship so much. When they are together is so cute and beautiful, i love stracrossed lovers and i think that's what jean is for scott and scott is for jean. Jott has many tropes that i love in romance, such as growing up together, marrying, they didn't have kids in the conventional but they kind of have them, being made for each other, lose each other and lasting so much. It's a huge part of such beautiful characters as Jean and Scott through all the story of the x-books, something unique that not even trying could be replicated with other partners.

It's something i'm really pasionate about but when i come here i mostly read about how bad it is, that they are the cause of every trouble for each other, that everything is about toxic masculinity (i'm not even a man), that they suck and shouldn't even exist at the same time or should be with other people to never again be romantically involved and it is dumb but it affects me somehow. It is immature, it doesn't make sense but it does affect me because for me is something beautiful and enjoyable, because for me they are soul mates and when they are apart something is wrong in the X-men books, a sense of family is lost, they are truly partners in life during the different periods of their lives and the story of the X-men if the couple that during most of the x-men story (to this day) have sweared to love each other forever doesnt love each other, what does love even mean?

I dislike a lot how aggresive some people bacome for this topic and instead of looking at a unique romance, they look at a problem (when it is not), i dislike how eventually the conversation derails into hate for Jean, Scott, Emma, Bishop,jott,scemma,bean when all of these are good people and fans that just have to want a good time.
    We all have our trigger points I guess. I'm easily drawn into a lot of the arguments you've mentioned because very few people defend this ship. A lot of the criticism is either people being cynical, or trying to score political points at their expense. Or both. I actually find that when I talk about it, or defend it to others, it reminds my why I care about them. That works for me. You have to find your own healthy way to stay engaged.

Sometimes a break is in order too. If it's effecting you emotionally, take some time away from CBR. See if that makes you feel better. If it does, maybe that means you need to limit what you expose yourself to here. Find the enjoyment you can and ignore the rest. You know the threads or posters that are going to be negative. Avoid the threads and block the people who are taking you're enjoyment away.

I've started taking long breaks, even as much as a month or more at a time, just to ensure that I still want to be here. There are other ways to engage X-Men fandom. Write entries in a blog. Doodle a picture and post it anywhere. Try your hand at fan fiction. Attend conventions or start a digital hangout or IRL group for getting together and talking about the X-Men. In our super connected world it's easy to find people who share your passions.

I understand your feelings exactly, but luckily I've always been kind of immune to taking criticism personally. I get not everyone can do that. Just don't let this all get you too down. Find ways to breath new life into what you love.

Also, Thanks Ulfhammer. I really appreciate your words. Please don't let mine drag you down
    This is our own little fan club. We need to watch out for each other. Don't worry about bringing me down. I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing what's on your mind with us.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Since this is the 2019 thread I'll repost more of my jott commissions. I need to get myself in a good mood, lol

And lastly probably my most expensive and possibly favorite jott piece I own.
    And obviously had posted before.
    I think I've posted everything lol

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The art definitely helps in maintaining the positivity.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I don't have any pictures, but I can still contribute in my own way. Some of you in this thread have followed my work on X-men Supreme, the fan fiction series I worked on for many years. It had a lot of Scott/Jean moments, but this one is one of my favorite.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.