Page 46 of 151 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    This is downright lovely - but I’ll have you know my family is predisposed to diabetes and I’m not sure I can handle this much sweetness in one sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Ha! that's pretty cute man, so glad that you and you daugther could share this hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Haha, oh my gosh. That's the cutest thing I read and seen so far. Good for you, man. I'll keep your advice for whenever I become a parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    This is awesome. They are aware of the cbr boards and you posting on jott thread that's double cool, lol
    Thanks gang. She was very proud to read your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Omg a little Jott shipper? She's being raised well.
    Lol thanks. She might have imprinted on some of my biases. Not sorry. Just have to figure out how I'm going to break NXM to her... She knows about Emma, just doesn't know how it all went down. Luckily we have years to go before we get anywhere near there.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Welcome to an editorial board that believes nostalgia sells over actually new stories and character development.
    I disagree that Jott in and of itself regresses Scott or Emma or Jean. How it's done may certainly do that, but it's not a forgone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I disagree that Jott in and of itself regresses Scott or Emma or Jean. How it's done may certainly do that, but it's not a forgone conclusion.
    Not what I meant. I meant that they're going back to the status quo of 1991, and it feels wrong. Magneto and Emma are not the same characters they were back then, so forcing them back to that feels wrong.

I used to love him but I now hate Grant Morrison as a writer so much. SOOOO Much. I wish I could go back in time and stop Marvel from hiring him.

Not what I meant. I meant that they're going back to the status quo of 1991, and it feels wrong. Magneto and Emma are not the same characters they were back then, so forcing them back to that feels wrong.
    Gotcha. I agree with you about Emma and Mags. When I saw Mags on Scott's naughty list I was a little baffled. I thought things had settled down after the Mojo arc and Kitty finally not being a complete ***** to him.

Did I miss something? Why's Mags evil again?

Gotcha. I agree with you about Emma and Mags. When I saw Mags on Scott's naughty list I was a little baffled. I thought things had settled down after the Mojo arc and Kitty finally not being a complete ***** to him.

Did I miss something? Why's Mags evil again?
    Because reasons. He's back to having the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants on Asteroid M while he glares at the camera and plots the demise of man. Because who needs consistent character development?

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I used to love him but I now hate Grant Morrison as a writer so much. SOOOO Much. I wish I could go back in time and stop Marvel from hiring him.
    I totally understand how you feel. The run took away the one unique thing Jott still had. Exclusivity.

I totally understand how you feel. The run took away the one unique thing Jott still had. Exclusivity.
    It's not just that. He ruined their relationship for the sake of it. There was zero reason to except he wanted to. Back then Marvel hired lots of cynical writers like Mark Millar and Morrison who were all about "progress" but they didn't do it for the sake of progress itself but took the easy way out in stories for the sake of shock value. Then they would leave a mess behind. Or sometimes after the initial shock value wore off they were like oops time to bolt. Tell me in absolutely what way Cyclops benefited from being touched by Morrison? He made him into a train wreck. The guy who made him awesome was Whedon. And man thank goodness Millar never touched the X-Men in 616 because god knows Cyclops would be a pedophile former mutant superhero turned skinhead married to a cow for all we know. And Jean would be a Shiar phoenix powered prostitute.
    Last edited by BESTXMAN; 02-02-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Because reasons. He's back to having the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants on Asteroid M while he glares at the camera and plots the demise of man. Because who needs consistent character development?
    Great. What book does this travesty go down in?

Great. What book does this travesty go down in?
    End of Blue is where it started.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

End of Blue is where it started.
    So Magneto telling Scott that he was sounding like himself made him realize he should go back to being evil? Makes perfect sense...if you don't think about it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She is already out of the books, what could be worse?
    if anything i feel jean/bishop will revitalize scemma, i mean the stone on scemma's shoe was jott but if that's out of the picture, it will reinforce scemma.
    At least some fans will be happy, better than everybody being miserable for petty reasons
    It doesnt even make sense to go back to Scott and Emma right now. Nothing about the current writing from the past year suggests we are getting a redux of that. That couple ended in 2013 and Marvel has reinforced that they are done time and time again. The stuff they've been setting up doesnt allign with a Scott/Emma reunion

The evil of Scemma will NEVER return.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    The evil of Scemma will NEVER return.
    Eventually, after the hate subsided, I learn to love Scemma for what it was: Emma taking care of Scott while Jean was off the board. Kind of neatly wraps up everything if you think about it.

Head canon theory incoming. In NXM Jean realized that somehow Emma had developed feelings for Scott, realized her death was imminent and reforged Emma to protect Scott in her absence. The line she used to awaken Emma plays right into this "Wake up Emma. Scott needs you." In HCT, Jean tweaks Scott so he'll accept Emma's plans to reopen the school and begin a formal relationship, but also tweaks Emma so she's serve as Scott's ultimate partner and protector. Emma's radical devotion to Scott makes much more sense in this context than it did based on Emma's character coming into NXM.

This works perfectly until AvX when Emma and Scott's PF implanted "tweaks" are temporarily suppressed by actually being possessed by the PF. This leads to the breakdown of their relationship since the parameters that created it are gone. Left with few other choices, they stick together for mutual support and because they are too far down the rabbit hole to turn back now. Despite their relationship ending, they can't truly separate themselves from each other, remaining nearly inseparable until Scott's death. Emma, left with a mission that she can no longer fulfill, becomes desperate to bring Scott back, leading to her kidnapping and trying to imprint Scott's memories on Tyke. This fails and Emma continues to spiral into insanity until finally the PF powered Jean returns.

Recognizing that her return is imminent, PF Jean permanently suppresses Emma's mental tweaks, allowing her to speak frankly about her relationship with Scott and Jean's likely location during PR. Jean's return complete's and conviently Emma returns to her per-Astonishing characterization. The circle is complete.

There's a few holes here for sure, but that's the nature of head canon.