Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Fears already abound concerning that when it comes to Scott. I think with Jean it's still flying under the radar. A lot of people seemed to like Jeen. Personally I did not. Jean Grey was careful, and above all responsible with her powers. Using her telepathy for quick fixes and convenience just wasn't her. Then we got a Jeen that was careless with her powers. Now we have a Jean that thinks any mental intrusion, no matter how significant, is preferable to violence.

As for Tyke and Jeen, I think both characters were a missed opportunity to tell a story about overcoming perhaps the worst scenario for Jott, ie. these characters coming to the future and discovering that future was both better and worse than they could have imagined. They were both already pretty clearly in love with each other by the time Beast pulled them forward. Despite that, they both dealt with the situation by seeking help elsewhere instead of trying to deal with it together. Jeen developed a creepy relationship with Logan, played around with Hank and spent some time in college. Scott left the Jeen behind to pirate with old dad, flirted with a random alien and had some weird, quasi romantic connection with Bloodstorm. I suppose you can argue they finally did get it together at the end of blue. It was a nice moment but it all felt very pulled together last second.
    I have to say that although I always liked Jean, the other Jean's of the AUs usually disliked me especially because they were very different from Jean 616. Ultimate Jean for example, I always hated that she was reading the mind to everyone without permission, that's something that Jean 616 did not do, but this Jean did not care to violate the greatest privacy of people: her own mind. But then Jeen came, at first I had my doubts with her, I was seeing more and more things that I disliked but what for me was the limit was when she simply violated Warren's mind to do what she wanted, not for what It was better for them, the common good of the O5, no, she had no qualms about playing with her friend's mind just because he did not want to do what she want. over time Jeen improved but the truth is that his influence is notorious in Jean 616 now, it's like new 52 WW, before Diana rarely used weapons other than her bracelets and her lasso and today there is no way to see her without her sword and shield. I just hope Jean doesn't become a light version of Jeen.

To be fair Teen Jean was a 16 year old that had her TP thrust on her and she had no training. Alot of her indiscretions with TP were due to lack of experience as she'd read minds without trying and overall lacked guidance. Our Jean didnt get her TP unlocked until she was an adult and by then was a bit more experienced and mature.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I'd say you're wise to be cautious. If anything, modern writers seem to be getting more rope to make major changes, rather than less. Ironic really. The great writers of the past had to deal with a lot of editorial interference. Now, with the newer and less seasoned writers, it seems like the skies the limit.
    If there is a positive, it's that I at least get encouragement and time to go back and read older stories.

I spent a lot of the past few years catching up and buying trades in bulk.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Just received this in the mail from Darryl Banks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 02-06-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Just received this in the mail from Darryl Banks
    20190205_212323.jpg
    Very nice. His art was one of the reasons I enjoyed Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern in the 90s. It's always cool seeing the pieces fans have commissioned.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Very nice. His art was one of the reasons I enjoyed Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern in the 90s. It's always cool seeing the pieces fans have commissioned.
    Thanks. I liked his green lantern work back then too and I don't read much dc. I kinda wish he drew on x-men back then. So this commission is cool in that respect

My love and I are planning a vacation and we want matching couples t shirts. Not a fan of the couple but this is cute. Just wanted to share.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    My love and I are planning a vacation and we want matching couples t shirts. Not a fan of the couple but this is cute. Just wanted to share.
    I never thought I'd see the day you darkened the door of this thread!

Yes it is, very cute. Thanks DW. I hope you have a great vacation, even if you're not out there plugging Jott .

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Aww! That is very sweet. Thank you for sharing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Hey, all I'm presently writing a Marvel/DC crossover fanfic "Convergence Point" you may enjoy. It will heavily featured your favorite pair as a loving couple (they first appear in chapter two) -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I found this sweet pic on Deviant Art. It nicely highlights how sweet these two can be, even when they're not being superheroes.

Scott-Jean261.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hey, all I'm presently writing a Marvel/DC crossover fanfic "Convergence Point" you may enjoy. It will heavily featured your favorite pair as a loving couple (they first appear in chapter two) -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy.
    Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I found this sweet pic on Deviant Art. It nicely highlights how sweet these two can be, even when they're not being superheroes.

Scott-Jean261.jpg
    Interesting, Jean's expression kind of scares me for some reason. Can't put my finger on it. Nice find.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-13-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Having some Valentine's Day fun, I took this shot of Jean and Scott enjoying Valentine's Day and Wolverine in the background desperately wishing it was him in Scott's arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Having some Valentine's Day fun, I took this shot of Jean and Scott enjoying Valentine's Day and Wolverine in the background desperately wishing it was him in Scott's arms.

Nice photo. Wolverine's dream must be coming true now.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

I laugh at this but why Ya'll gotta be mean to Logan.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.