Page 55 of 151 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I've seen people say the Scemma relationship lasted longer than Jott, in marvel time
    In marvel time?? Scott/Jean spent 12 years in the future.So.............

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Weird, this is the cover of marvelous x-men #4
    I think it is cute. many people forget they were married and loved each other a lot for long
    Attachment 78759
    It's really sweet to see this, I'm going to be positive about it for the moment.

I've seen people say the Scemma relationship lasted longer than Jott, in marvel time
    LOL. That's just literally factually wrong.

Def not true lol. How long was Jean even dead in-universe? Based on sliding time shenanigans, I can't imagine it was more than 2-3 years total.

Are we counting Phoenix? How far into X-Factor before they become a couple? Are you counting New X-Men and is so how much? What about raising Nathan in the future? Let's take the strictest definition and ignore Phoenix and their time in the future. Let's also discount all of X-Factor before Issue 26 which definitively shows they are a couple again.

Let's assume that Jean and Scott are a couple by UXM 32 with a publication date of May, 1967. Let's assume they remained a couple until UXM 101 with a publication date of October, 1976. That's 2.25 years based on the sliding timescale. X-Factor 26 has a publication date of March, 1988. I'm cutting off Scott and Jean by NXM 136 with a publication date of March 2003. That's about 3.5 years on the sliding timescale. So following the strictest definition, they were a couple for about 5.75 years.

As for Emma and Scott, I'm counting Astonishing 1 with a publication date of July, 2004 as there start line. That's arguable but I think you can't really included the time Jean was still alive and HCT took basically no time at all. I'm counting the end of their relationship as AvX #11 with a publication date of November 2012. That give us a total span for Scemma of about 2 years on the sliding timescale.

As you can see, even under the strictest definition, Scemma was less than half the length of Jott. Using a more liberal, and probably accurate definition, Jott was more like about 8 times the length clocking in at about 16 years.

I think it is cute. many people forget they were married and loved each other a lot for long
    Attachment 78759
    Wtf they made Scott look really old here xD

BANNED

I do not know why, and maybe I'm being overly hopeful here, but with Scott and Jean now both alive, Emma decidedly not with the X-Men and that romantic scene from the resurrection of Jean (along with the general new page we're turning with X-Men Disassembled) am I the only one who has their hopes up for Jean and Scott being together again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Are we counting Phoenix? How far into X-Factor before they become a couple? Are you counting New X-Men and is so how much? What about raising Nathan in the future? Let's take the strictest definition and ignore Phoenix and their time in the future. Let's also discount all of X-Factor before Issue 26 which definitively shows they are a couple again.

Let's assume that Jean and Scott are a couple by UXM 32 with a publication date of May, 1967. Let's assume they remained a couple until UXM 101 with a publication date of October, 1976. That's 2.25 years based on the sliding timescale. X-Factor 26 has a publication date of March, 1988. I'm cutting off Scott and Jean by NXM 136 with a publication date of March 2003. That's about 3.5 years on the sliding timescale. So following the strictest definition, they were a couple for about 5.75 years.

As for Emma and Scott, I'm counting Astonishing 1 with a publication date of July, 2004 as there start line. That's arguable but I think you can't really included the time Jean was still alive and HCT took basically no time at all. I'm counting the end of their relationship as AvX #11 with a publication date of November 2012. That give us a total span for Scemma of about 2 years on the sliding timescale.

As you can see, even under the strictest definition, Scemma was less than half the length of Jott. Using a more liberal, and probably accurate definition, Jott was more like about 8 times the length clocking in at about 16 years.
    The time in the future definitely counts and that alone makes them the longest lasting couple among team members

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Wtf they made Scott look really old here xD
    Yeah, he seems pretty old compared to Jean in the image.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Attachment 78759
    Yeah, including Jean. I don't understand this cover unless Jean begins to remember her 616 life. Maybe she senses it telepathically from Nate? That's there NXM costumes. I don't recall them ever being this happy during that period. Thanks for posting PZ but this just raises more questions for me...
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 02-20-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The time in the future definitely counts and that alone makes them the longest lasting couple among team members
    It should count, but I was going for the strictest possible interpretation. They essentially fell asleep and woke up remembering a 10 year long dream. In the 616 timeline, they'd still have been a couple just a long as they had before it happened even though they'd remember more.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Yeay, including Jean. I don't understand this cover unless Jean begins to remember her 616 life. Maybe she senses it telepathically from Nate? That's there NXM costumes. I don't recall them ever being this happy during that period. Thanks for posting PZ but this just raises more questions for me...
    Yeah, while I would like to take this as a positive, I'm not sure I can considering the context of AoX. This is a bit confusing.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    I do not know why, and maybe I'm being overly hopeful here, but with Scott and Jean now both alive, Emma decidedly not with the X-Men and that romantic scene from the resurrection of Jean (along with the general new page we're turning with X-Men Disassembled) am I the only one who has their hopes up for Jean and Scott being together again?
    I try to don't get my hopes up for fear of being dissapointed, the truth is that marvel in general sucks at romance, they see it as something problematic and limiting on the long run. (not only for Jean and Scott, they have messed up practically every other ship, just not as bad) so i really don't trust them.

I don't think they will get together soon but eventually, maybe in some years i believe marvel could give them another chance. for the moment i think they are going to try bishop/jean. I do hope Jean and Scott's reunion (and relationship) are treated with respect.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-20-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    It's not just you. This is the best position Jott fans have been in since the early 00's. We can be pessimistic about it I suppose, but I think there`s good reason to believe they`ll get together again in the near future and it will be good.

BANNED

It's not just you. This is the best position Jott fans have been in since the early 00's. We can be pessimistic about it I suppose, but I think there`s good reason to believe they`ll get together again in the near future and it will be good.
    Well im just looking at the lay of the land and things seem to be sliding towards a certain amount of 'traditional' status quo. Emma and Mags being anatagonists, Wolverine, Scott, Jean and Xavier are all alive simultaneously. We've disassembled the X-Men but then brought back probably their two most iconic protag charaters (Wolvie and Cyke) after the disassembly and listening to Jordan D. White's interview with Jay and Miles I got the impression he's leaning towards 'his era' and 'his era' seems to have been the early-mid 1990s.

I mean tbh bringing Jean back at all seems like a big deal. I ain't saying Quesada had a problem with redheaded women but like...under his tenure (and Alonso's which, given he was so much in Quesada's inner circle he was functionally an extension of Quesada's regime) we saw Scott and Jean go kaput hard and Jean stayed dead for longer than ever and a hard message that she wasn't gonna return, only for her to return towards the end of Alonso's tenure/start of Cebulski's (who IIRC wasn't that close to Joe Q) and surprise surprise, a similar story can be found in Spider-Man. Spider-Man and MJ get sunk under Quesada, stay sunk under Alonso, and comes back quickly not too long after Cebulski is in power.

So...I have hope for this.