Page 61 of 151 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Wasn't Famke over six feet tall?
    Almost six feet tall.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Nice pic! Looks similar to the one they took at NYCC last year. They really seem to get along. I don’t remember James Marsden and Famke Jansen having moments like this when promoting the movie. They seem to work well together and I think that bodes well for the movie.

I saw Marsden and Janssen in multiple appearances show chemistry. I mean in the sense of seeming to be genuinely fond of each other and enjoying working together. There was playful banter between them.

What gets on screen is what counts. Cast the couple like it was straight out of the comic books and give us the same portrayal, or lack thereof, that we got in X Men 1 and I'm not going to be happy.
    In that one picture, Turner seems to tower over him in a somewhat jarring way if you've read the comics. Still, get the relationship right and I can get past that. If you are going to do Jean, Scott, Logan as one sided as the first movie did, no casting is going to save that for me

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think this Cyclops and Jean Grey make a great looking couple. I cannot wait to see them in the movie. I am not bothered that Sophie is taller than Tye. Was Famke taller than James? I honestly cannot recall. I know she was older.

I like Tye's hair and I think he makes a great Cyclops.
    I agree. I think Sophie and Tye have shown much more chemistry than James and Famke ever did. To be fair, James never had a chance. He was never a full character. He was only ever an obstacle for Logan and nothing more. Tye got to do more development with Cyclops over the course of one movie than James did in three. Tye got to go on a journey from some scared teenage kid whose powers manifested in the middle of class to someone who helped lead the team into battle against Apocalypse. That's not just solid development for him. It shows that he's the kind of guy you can root for, both as a leader and as a love interest for Jean Grey. And Sophie did her part as well, especially if you watch the Mall Scene in X-men Apocalypse.

As for their height, I really don't think it matters, so long as their chemistry continues to be great.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The chemistry they show in scenes left on the cutting room floor doesn't really matter. Let's see what is actually allowed into the final product, and hope it wasn't removed to make room for the 1380829032th take on Xavier/Magneto angst.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Everytime I see these two I'm reminded of Tom Cruise in Top Gun and all the tricks used to make him look taller LMAO

Incredible Member

I think Marsden wore lifts. I'm pretty sure I read or heard that. While casting with an age difference wasn't ideal, I could still buy them as a couple. I could look at that museum scene in X2 and see them as Jean and Scott. As interacting like I would see Jean and Scott interacting.

My problem is we just didn't get enough of those scenes. I go back to the same thing I always go back to. The first movie does not have one real conversation between them. Exchanging a line or two is not a conversation. Scott finding her semi conscious after using cerebro is not a conversation.

Meanwhile, there are at least three with her and Logan. That was just unconscionably one sided. I was saying it on forums when the movie came out. You think we'll see this when the first Spider-Man, FF or Hulk movies come out. Well, they came out and we saw. You may not have bought the couples in those movies, but there was a real, sincere effort to establish. To try to get you to care about them. With JOTT they basically told us they were a couple and then proceeded to make the movie in a manner where the majority of people seeing it would want Jean with Logan.

I don't care who they cast as the characters if you make the movie like that. That's really hard to overcome. That is one obstacle this movie doesn't have. If it fails to do Jott right it won't be because of Logan. More likely what someone posted above. A lot of emphasis on Xavier/Magneto and I suppose Mystique. If we do get that, though, we shouldn't be surprised. It's consistent with the rebooted movies. Not saying we should like it. Just be prepared for the possibility.

I mean,
    The love triangle between Jean, Wolverine, and Cyclops went through a lot of changes during filming. Famke Janssen didn't know which relationship would be stronger, until she saw the movie.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120903...ef_=tt_trv_trv

Incredible Member

Are those nuggets of info coming from IMDB? Or is it like wikipedia and anyone could be adding stuff? Been a real long time, but I don't remember Singer saying it was evolving as they filmed. Maybe he did.

I do know in the novel that the triangle was pretty much resolved at the end. There is a passage where Logan accepts that Jean loves Scott and belongs with him. Right before he leaves. In the book, he doesn't steal the bike. Scott gives it to him. There is a note on the bike stating this.

In the second movie, the Logan/Jean kiss was not in the script. It was Singer's idea. He said he polled the crew and they wanted to see it as well. And what I said back then was, what exactly does this prove? That if you make the movie in such a way that the majority of moviegoers will want Jean with Logan, that the crew will probably feel the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    DOMESTIC ABUSE!small

Nice! This sort of thing happened in the comics too with Jean and Scott. It wouldn't be a proper Dark Phoenix Saga without it. Hope it leads to a more dramatic moment in the end.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

This looks nice. IMG_20190404_181935.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    DOMESTIC ABUSE!small
    Buhahaha xD

I can't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    This looks nice. IMG_20190404_181935.jpg
    Really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I can't see anything
    It's footage from Dark Phoenix. Jean is having one of her breakdowns and Scott is trying to talk to her and she goes "Stoop!" and her powers throw him on the ground.