Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

The truth I doubt that Jean and Bishop work well, for it should make Jean or Bishop change drastically, it is also like Scemma, none would have bet that they would continue after Jean returned, so many writers avoided bringing her back, Jean with Bishop and Scott being alive has the days counted, they just want to create cheap drama and we all know how it would end, if Scott had to choose between Maddy, Emma or Jean, he would have chosen Jean without thinking, Jean always chose Scott over any other. Really we must believe that now she choose a love of a reality in which she was not even herself?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Bleedingcool confirmed it. and all the other guys there are like family to her. bishop was the only one not close to her, without an stablished relationship and without other important love interest.
    Like if you think about it Bishop biggest connections are Gambit, Jubilee and somehow Cable and Hope. So he was pretty free for that
    EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Interesting, I assume this will be forced since the only development jean and bishop would have would be in those 2 age of x-man one shots.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-15-2019 at 12:43 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, I don't sweat this. There was a time where it seemed like Scott and Emma was a seminal lock, and eventually cracks formed. This too shall pass. Scott and Jean will be together again, there's no history between Jean and Bishop to make it credible or believable to the reader.

For those thinking it'll never happen, look at Rogue and Gambit, and Peter and MJ lately.

You know the only reason why I can saw Jean continue with Bishop after coming back and knowing that her Scotty is back, is that when she returns she sees Scott and Emma together, they don't need to be a couple again, judging by Scott's past actions he is not interested, but maybe Emma kisses him and Jean sees it and you know what can happen after that...

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    You know the only reason why I can saw Jean continue with Bishop after coming back and knowing that her Scotty is back, is that when she returns she sees Scott and Emma together, they don't need to be a couple again, judging by Scott's past actions he is not interested, but maybe Emma kisses him and Jean sees it and you know what can happen after that...
    That's the most ridiculous possible occurrence especially given Scott's attitude to Emma over the last few years and Jean's supposed ability to read minds. That probably means you're absolutely right. If that's the case though, it's not sound footing for whatever relationship Jean ends up in. Reminds me a little too much of Layton's setup in X-Factor with Scott never quite having the chance to tell Jean about Maddie and her finding out on her own. Luckily Simonson swept in and saved the day there. Not sure we have someone of her talent waiting in the wings at Marvel.

Jean and Bishop being forced together through reality warping shenanigans is the worst set up to launch a romance. Given that their minds are essentially manipulated into being attracted to each other, they are tainted from the beginning. I dont see why Scott should respect this; I dont. This pairing is based on a lie

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean and Bishop being forced together through reality warping shenanigans is the worst set up to launch a romance. Given that their minds are essentially manipulated into being attracted to each other, they are tainted from the beginning. I dont see why Scott should respect this; I dont. This pairing is based on a lie
    I don't think that's quite how it's gonna go. Apparently Bishop is gonna be put in jail because Nate disapproves the relationship or something. So I think it's gonna be a "real" relationship, though still kind of not in a way, considering the reality they live in is still a lie.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That's the most ridiculous possible occurrence especially given Scott's attitude to Emma over the last few years and Jean's supposed ability to read minds. That probably means you're absolutely right. If that's the case though, it's not sound footing for whatever relationship Jean ends up in. Reminds me a little too much of Layton's setup in X-Factor with Scott never quite having the chance to tell Jean about Maddie and her finding out on her own. Luckily Simonson swept in and saved the day there. Not sure we have someone of her talent waiting in the wings at Marvel.
    It's most likely going to be some convoluted reasoning no matter what. Heck, for all we know she creates a rapport with Bishop that lasts and makes her question whether Scott is the choice for her. Considering it's based entirely in an AU, I don't understand why it would be significant past it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think that's quite how it's gonna go. Apparently Bishop is gonna be put in jail because Nate disapproves the relationship or something. So I think it's gonna be a "real" relationship, though still kind of not in a way, considering the reality they live in is still a lie.
    This whole thing about it mattering outside the event sounds like it's going to require some real shenanigans to pull off. It did occur to me that Scott's marriage to Maddie was also based on a lie, just not one either party was privy to. Same scenario here. Maddie certainly mattered after the fact. Maybe Jean will be having Bishops love child?

All-New Member

Can anyone actually confirm it’s bishop or is this all speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayman2018 View Post
    Can anyone actually confirm it’s bishop or is this all speculation?
    Pure speculation based on a process of elimination. I think the logic goes, there's only so many people in Jean's corner of Age of X-Man and based on that group, Bishop is the most likely candidate. While I was considering this I also recall a conversation between Hope, Jean and Bishop in Exterminated that seemed like Bishop extending an olive branch. I didn't think much of it at the time, but upon reading it with this theory in mind, it's seems more significant now.

Maybe Jean will be having Bishops love child?
    Geez, not sure Jott would be able to recover from that, lol. Though I wouldn't put it past Marvel at this point.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Geez, not sure Jott would be able to recover from that, lol. Though I wouldn't put it past Marvel at this point.
    I agree. That would kill it in my eyes.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

This whole thing about it mattering outside the event sounds like it's going to require some real shenanigans to pull off. It did occur to me that Scott's marriage to Maddie was also based on a lie, just not one either party was privy to. Same scenario here. Maddie certainly mattered after the fact. Maybe Jean will be having Bishops love child?
    If the pregnancy is actually Jean and it stuck coming after the au I'd stop reading the xbooks like I did with the spiderman after one more day

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    If the pregnancy is actually Jean and it stuck coming after the au I'd stop reading the xbooks like I did with the spiderman after one more day
    Same here, after the past years concerning Scott's treatment, there isn't much left that would keep me from dropping the X-line again. At least Spiderman is back to being good, that's all I'll need.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia