Page 77 of 151 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2261
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

You're overreacting. Marvel won't erase Cable, one of it's most popular characters, nor decades of continuity, and like I said, bearded Cyke it's not even from Hickman's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You're overreacting. Marvel won't erase Cable, one of it's most popular characters, nor decades of continuity, and like I said, bearded Cyke it's not even from Hickman's run.
    If Jean and Scott never get together, it would make no sense that him and Maddie would. Scott's love for Jean is what got the ball rolling with Maddie in the first place which was exactly what Sinister was banking on. No Maddie and Scott means no Cable. That's not overreacting, that's just causality.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    If Jean and Scott never get together, it would make no sense that him and Maddie would. Scott's love for Jean is what got the ball rolling with Maddie in the first place which was exactly what Sinister was banking on. No Maddie and Scott means no Cable. That's not overreacting, that's just causality.
    But, again, Marvel won't erase Cable.

Marvel won't erase large chunks of their continuity. Not even one more day erased MJ and Peter, it just erased the marriage but they were stil together;
    Maybe Jean and Scott will never ever been married, I guess the affair will get erased too

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But, again, Marvel won't erase Cable.
    Are they above retconing his parentage?

Regardless, this isn't my theory, it's Fubar's. I was just pointing out the potential impacts of that theory.

Mighty Member

That sounds like a lot more than a soft reboot. Might as well pull the plug completely and reset back to Giant Size #1.
    I overstated a bit.

What you're describing is a hard reboot. I doubt they'll go that far.

What I expect with Scott and Jean specifically is that their marriage--while still technically in-continuity--will be downplayed/ignored. They may get back together over the course of a lengthy, up-and-down arc, but 1) they'll be written as in their early-mid 20s, not as mature adults with an established relationship coming back together after years apart; 2) the spirit, tone, and character beats of their "getting back together" arc will be a retread of their original "getting together in the first place" arc from the Silver Age/Bronze Age. TL;DR: they'll be starting over in a spiritual sense, but not literally.

That's if they get back together at all.

My broader point is that I don't expect we'll get an organic evolution of Scott and Jean's relationship that makes sense with their history. Nothing that will read like a true continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I overstated a bit.

What you're describing is a hard reboot. I doubt they'll go that far.

What I expect with Scott and Jean specifically is that their marriage--while still technically in-continuity--will be downplayed/ignored. They may get back together over the course of a lengthy, up-and-down arc, but 1) they'll be written as in their early-mid 20s, not as mature adults with an established relationship coming back together after years apart; 2) the spirit, tone, and character beats of their "getting back together" arc will be a retread of their original "getting together in the first place" arc from the Silver Age/Bronze Age. TL;DR: they'll be starting over in a spiritual sense, but not literally.

That's if they get back together at all.

My broader point is that I don't expect we'll get an organic evolution of Scott and Jean's relationship that makes sense with their history. Nothing that will read like a true continuation.
    This would represent a complete break from Marvel's approach to Jott up until now, including as recently at PR. Marvel reprinted their wedding compendium last year IIRC. Dark Phoenix is out this year. Tyke and Jeen hooked up last year after teasing it forever. Seems disjointed to downplay their history going forward in the context of these developments.

Marvel doesn't have to downplay anything if they want to play will the or won't they game. Their history is actually a much better justification then they had in the Silver Age for dragging their feet which I recall was mostly about Scott feeling inadequate.

Mighty Member

This would represent a complete break from Marvel's approach to Jott up until now, including as recently at PR. Marvel reprinted their wedding compendium last year IIRC. Dark Phoenix is out this year. Tyke and Jeen hooked up last year after teasing it forever. Seems disjointed to downplay their history going forward in the context of these developments.

Marvel doesn't have to downplay anything if they want to play will the or won't they game. Their history is actually a much better justification then they had in the Silver Age for dragging their feet which I recall was mostly about Scott feeling inadequate.
    In case you haven't noticed, I'm a pessimist on this subject. I have little to no confidence in Marvel editorial.

I hope I'm wrong.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is always wiser to expect the worst. Marvel hasn't given me reasons to trust them much with this matter.

I suspect they will interact a lot on the Hickman stuff and i hope it is in a positive way or at least don't making things worse.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-07-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, I'm a pessimist on this subject. I have little to no confidence in Marvel editorial.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is always wiser to expect the worst. Marvel hasn't given me reasons to trust them much with this matter.

I suspect they will interact a lot on the Hickman stuff and i hope it is in a positive way or at least don't making things worse.
    The unsurprising revelation that the whole Bishop\Jean fling was basically done on a lark because Jean hadn't really been with anyone else before drives home how erratic the creative teams can be. Disappointing, but not surprising. You're both right to be suspicious of their intentions going forward. Even so, it's clearly the beginning of at least some concrete change going forward. There's a chance it work outs, despite how politically out of favor this ship seems to be.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

edit: nothing
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-07-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The unsurprising revelation that the whole Bishop\Jean fling was basically done on a lark because Jean hadn't really been with anyone else before drives home how erratic the creative teams can be. Disappointing, but not surprising. You're both right to be suspicious of their intentions going forward. Even so, it's clearly the beginning of at least some concrete change going forward. There's a chance it work outs, despite how politically out of favor this ship seems to be.
    True, but at the very least they're both alive now at the same time. It's considerably small and insignificant, but it is something for us to be somewhat optimistic about.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    True, but at the very least they're both alive now at the same time. It's considerably small and insignificant, but it is something for us to be somewhat optimistic about.
    I was so optimistic when she came back, pick up PR but then x men red annual made me lose hope. Then Cyclops was coming but but Jean would be stuck in a AU with Bishop. That was the nail in the coffin for me. If it was Warren or Logan yeah sure why not but Bishop lol hell nah not after what he had pull with Cable. Not we learn that Bishop was meant to be with Storm but at the last mnt they change it to Jean... Really they didn't even bother to give Jean a proper relationship what she got was Storm story e..e

People get all mad when a female character is killed off to make the guy emo but they shut up and say nothing when she is used in a sexual way to make the guy be cool. But Scott gets call on that but they don't call it on Bishop for this little stunt they pull.

For me right now it doesn't matter if they get back together or not. Not going to spend money on that. On AOXM they say Jean and Scott will have a moment and is the story jott fans want to read lol
    I call BS on that, wasent it supposed to be the Bishop and Jean story not the Jott one they needed to show? Why play with Jott fans like that, spit on the fan base and then make it seem like they worked hard on a story for Jott. Why do that to the people who wanted Jean with someone els. It seems they wanted to please both and fail.

My Jott die when Morrison killed Jean. For me both Scott and Jean are happy in the hot white room right now xD lol
    It be funny if the jean walking around right now is madde o.o

Imagine being Cyclops, that the Phoenix resurrects you, be able to say goodbye to Jean before dying again, that your son resuscitates you but is so jerk that it locks you in a bunker until Jean "dies" and then it is when he lets you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Imagine being Cyclops, that the Phoenix resurrects you, be able to say goodbye to Jean before dying again, that your son resuscitates you but is so jerk that it locks you in a bunker until Jean "dies" and then it is when he lets you out.
    This part doesn't make sense, Wifi can love Scott very much but he also loves Jean he would not leave her to her luck being possible that she died at the hands of his younger/older brother.