Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

While not confirmed, it's actually not just baseless speculation, as Bleeding Cool is claiming it's gonna happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    This whole thing about it mattering outside the event sounds like it's going to require some real shenanigans to pull off. It did occur to me that Scott's marriage to Maddie was also based on a lie, just not one either party was privy to. Same scenario here. Maddie certainly mattered after the fact. Maybe Jean will be having Bishops love child?
    HA. This would be amusing, even if stupid. And would make me think they actually read my "Why bringing Jott back will eventually destroy Scott" thesis in the previous thread and are going full scorched earth on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Geez, not sure Jott would be able to recover from that, lol. Though I wouldn't put it past Marvel at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I agree. That would kill it in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    If the pregnancy is actually Jean and it stuck coming after the au I'd stop reading the xbooks like I did with the spiderman after one more day
    Let's remember that the shoe was sort of on the other foot for Jean fans once upon a time. Yes Maddie was Jean's clone and shared a number of other elements with her beyond that, but it wasn't Jean. I won't pretend this situation would be the same as that, but Scott did technically have a child with another women, a child whom Jean went on to raise and think of as her own son.

Look that was just sort of a wild theory. I think the point of all this, if there is one, is that this would be the first time in 616 canon that Jean legitimately pursued someone other than Scott. I understand Marvel's motivations if that's the case, even though I don't agree with them. I suspect that this has more to do with sexual politics than realistic character development. The whole things one massive contrivance, but Marvel creating a whole event from the seeds of letting Jean play the field seems very much in line with current thinking at the X-Office both as it pertains to Jean, and to Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    HA. This would be amusing, even if stupid. And would make me think they actually read my "Why bringing Jott back will eventually destroy Scott" thesis in the previous thread and are going full scorched earth on it.
    I feel you brother Jean relationship with Bishop is base on a lie the way i see it but thats how it work for Marvel this days for the drama of epic proportions...anyway I hope sincerely that treat Scott well or at least decently

Any chance you can fire me a link to that? I love me some Jott thesis' even if the title is off-putting .

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Let's remember that the shoe was sort of on the other foot for Jean fans once upon a time. Yes Maddie was Jean's clone and shared a number of other elements with her beyond that, but it wasn't Jean. I won't pretend this situation would be the same as that, but Scott did technically have a child with another women, a child whom Jean went on to raise and think of as her own son.

Look that was just sort of a wild theory. I think the point of all this, if there is one, is that this would be the first time in 616 canon that Jean legitimately pursued someone other than Scott. I understand Marvel's motivations if that's the case, even though I don't agree with them. I suspect that this has more to do with sexual politics than realistic character development. The whole things one massive contrivance, but Marvel creating a whole event from the seeds of letting Jean play the field seems very much in line with current thinking at the X-Office both as it pertains to Jean, and to Scott.
    Yep, this is probably the thinking behind the course of actions. If they want Jean to have another relationship per the request of some of her fans, there's no problem with that. The unfortunate thing, is that I feel as if Scott will be getting horrible treatment. Per alignment with his character, I'm curious as to what they're going to do with him. I expect nothing good, especially due to the timing and setup.

Regardless, we should probably attempt to add in some positivity. The situation seems dark, but it's bound to get better.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-15-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

If Bishop turns out to be a au clone of Scott, goes evil, and the baby is shipped into the future. There is a chance but since that's highly unlikely. Even if Jott happens with a baby between Jean and Bishop, its pretty much guaranteed that writers would want to play with the idea of a love triangle later on. Or actually have another committed relationship after she breaks up with Scott again. So why bother with it?

Can we just all please stop with the whole pregnancy thing? I can't. It's just a terrible idea and I doubt Marvel is going for it anyway.

BANNED

Any chance you can fire me a link to that? I love me some Jott thesis' even if the title is off-putting .
    I call it a thesis but it's a bunch of posts on my case about how Marvel would screw Jott completely if they ever got back. I'll link it when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    I feel you brother Jean relationship with Bishop is base on a lie the way i see it but thats how it work for Marvel this days for the drama of epic proportions...anyway I hope sincerely that treat Scott well or at least decently
    It's the Madelyne problem in some aspects. They'll be together due to reality warp shenanigans. It's foolish. But let's not give up hope completely for now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Can we just all please stop with the whole pregnancy thing? I can't. It's just a terrible idea and I doubt Marvel is going for it anyway.
    If it's a terrible idea, that just makes it MORE likely that it'll happen, since it's Marvel. Be ready for little Bean Grey-Bishop to be your favorite X-Baby.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

If it's a terrible idea, that just makes it MORE likely that it'll happen, since it's Marvel. Be ready for little Bean Grey-Bishop to be your favorite X-Baby.
    Yeah current marvel doesn't care about continuity or what fans want. I feel like they just like controversy for controversy sake

As Ulfhammer said, its just a wild theory. I was just giving my two cents.

Also, I dont want Scott close to any of that drama between Jean and Bishop when they return.

I don't think that's quite how it's gonna go. Apparently Bishop is gonna be put in jail because Nate disapproves the relationship or something. So I think it's gonna be a "real" relationship, though still kind of not in a way, considering the reality they live in is still a lie.
    It’s only real bc reality has been warped. They don’t come together in 616 of their own volition. Their completely manipulated by outside sources

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Aren’t they back tgt?

JDW ady said there’s gonna be tons of drama .. so there’s that.
    Yes....Peter and Mary Jane are back together as a couple since Nick Spencer's The Amazing Spider-Man #1
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wolverine or Bishop aren't the problem. the problem with jott has always been scemma. jean could date other people, scott could date other people but if scott gets back with emma that's just the definitive end of this thing.

Also i don't think jean is getting pregnant. marvel doesn't like babies and romances are the least stable thing on marvel these days. so that isn't going to happen. it also doesn't help the relationships just look at cable. he is the closest thing to a kid on the x-men and even that didn't protect maddie/scott or jean/scott.

I didn't like scott going with emma so i can understand if some people get jealous for jean with someone else. i was jealous of bloodstorm but that's marvel, its something we have to accept.