Page 82 of 151 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2261
    Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    When the 1st issue of AOXM came out someone said the writers had said Jean and Bishop where a love story where they kept finding each other. I argued that it didnt even look like that nor was it love. I was right, all I am saying is that the creating team mess up. They change at the last minute to Jean rather then Storm, is why at the 1st issue jean has a relationship while Scott is alive because it seems the issue was redrawn to make it be her.

Many also said that it was Jeans 1st time but others said no because she had been in a relationship with Bishop and they kept finding themselves.
    Keep in mind, in the 616 World, everyone thought Scott was dead still (wait, so not even the Psi Rapport let Jean know Scott was around, or does that have psi scar tissue since it wasn’t used for so long?), while Wolverine is also counted as “dead in this dimension “.......

This only has a few issues left.....then this nightmare of a Mini is over

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I think Nate will feel Mommy's and Daddy's anger and possibly also the belt.

Poor Brian, but Meggan loves him at least that seemed before all this bad fanfiction, surely they will be in a situation equal to Jean and Scott, when they return they will have a lot of drama something like:
    -Brian: how can you !? I was worried and you were with another!
    -Meggan: but honey is not my fault! I don't had memory of us ...
    Forget Cyclops’ temper, if somehow Nate manages to get back up in the end of all this he’ll have Wolverine, Havok, Magik, and Madrox to answer to (Nate messed with Jean’s head, and you know where Logan stands on that, as well as well as Storm’s, Colossus’, Kitty’s and Nightcrawler’s to name a few, Havok, though I’m not sure where he feels about Lorna, would be angry that his teammates went through hell, Magik would need someone to stab, and Nate used Jamie’s dupes as puppets)

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, my second favorite ship is Wanda/Vision and they have also been apart and dated other people. Doesn't mean that i like that but marvel is allergic to healthy, stable romances. Yet it is obvious Wanda and Vision still love each other.
    I really want Scott and Jean to always love each other, even if there are complications.

Attachment 82361

also today's issue was something to be grateful, it was not big but it was something and it was positive.
    That’s right, the end of No Road Home implies that there’s hope of Vision and Wanda getting back together, as well as upgrade Hercules......

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Imagine being Cyclops, that the Phoenix resurrects you, be able to say goodbye to Jean before dying again, that your son resuscitates you but is so jerk that it locks you in a bunker until Jean "dies" and then it is when he lets you out.
    No, he gave Scott a choice, go fight with the X-Men and probably get vanished with them, or save the human who helped bring him back from a vengeful madman......the second choice turned out to be the one that helped Cyclops get back to where he was, a actual hero, not a General or Revolutionary......he made a similar decision during War of the Realms, stay with the Fortification his team had, or go help the Champions, even respecting Dusts’ desire not to be a party to violence (keeping a fellow Mutant out of what to many is probably a fools quest ......trust me, Cable made the right call for the wrong reasons.....Cyclops is back to being the X-Men Tactical Mind, he mostly has Wolverine (yeah, Logan left this last issue, but he’ll be back), he just needs to find the team, not only for Jean’s support but for Nightcrawler and his jovial sense of combat, Beast’s scientific mind, Iceman and his untapped potential, Angel’s dark side, Storm’s experience.....etc....point is Cyclops is somewhat lost still, hopefully after this mess he’ll be better....

Also, Cable’s a time traveler.....meaning he probably know how this plays out.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    No, he gave Scott a choice, go fight with the X-Men and probably get vanished with them, or save the human who helped bring him back from a vengeful madman......the second choice turned out to be the one that helped Cyclops get back to where he was, a actual hero, not a General or Revolutionary......he made a similar decision during War of the Realms, stay with the Fortification his team had, or go help the Champions, even respecting Dusts’ desire not to be a party to violence (keeping a fellow Mutant out of what to many is probably a fools quest ......trust me, Cable made the right call for the wrong reasons.....Cyclops is back to being the X-Men Tactical Mind, he mostly has Wolverine (yeah, Logan left this last issue, but he’ll be back), he just needs to find the team, not only for Jean’s support but for Nightcrawler and his jovial sense of combat, Beast’s scientific mind, Iceman and his untapped potential, Angel’s dark side, Storm’s experience.....etc....point is Cyclops is somewhat lost still, hopefully after this mess he’ll be better....

Also, Cable’s a time traveler.....meaning he probably know how this plays out.....
    Lol, kid-cable didn't make right call for wrong reasons, he made wrong call for right reasons.
    And a vengeful madman that kidcable helped.
    Kid cable was sooo wrong.

So, any takers on my “Emma was behind everything since E is for Extinction to Inhumans Vs X-Men “ theory? Or if not Emma maybe Wyngarde (come on, Pyro’s back, who better to screw with Scott and Jean than the Original Mastermind, with his 2 daughters occasionally dropping in to keep things going)......or even Red Queen (Madelyn still has her axe to grind, and she hasn’t been seen since she came back, who’s to say she didn’t get the ball rolling so to speak when she was a psychic Ghost....)
    Perhaps better suited for the Rectangle thread or maybe just start a new thread if you want to explore this. I certainly have an opinion on the matter but I suspect that will pull this thread into areas we'd rather avoid from a Jott appreciation point of view.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not exactly. The entity itself struggles with emotion without a host. Her first Earth host was a hyper reserved pacifist. But Jean was such a mass of emotion that she started taking that as her own. That includes Jean's love for Scott.
    But what of Lady Phoenix, where does she fit into all this? Was her host a distant ancestor to the Phoenix’s favorite host? Or did the Phoenix take Human form? (So who gets to retcon the Connection first? Avengers or Hickman?)

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    If I had to guess the best answer is that in that universe there are a lot of things that don't make sense in the past because there is no past, Nate likely built memories of the past in such a way to justify the existence of every mutant that he sent there but in a way that makes sorta sense for the universe he wanted to build.
    It's not worth it trying to understand anything about that universe, let's just hope Hickman gets rid of everything regarding it
    This seems like the best answer. Nothing actually happened prior to Nate creating the AoXM universe so all this is just how Nate decided the X-Men should remember this past. Scott wasn't around so something had to be made up, but that's all it really is. Much ado about nothing I think.

Comic Geek in General

&
    Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    They would have had a chance if Bable was sticking around. Regular aged Cable is on HOX cover so im guessing Bable will be going bye bye soon
    Either that or he goes into the time stream chasing after Stryfe one moment, comes back looking like Cable of old (there , Kid Cable fixed)

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes!

people forget with all the drama that they were/are probably the most long lasting and more developed X-couple.
    I like Scott because of that. Because when it comes to Jean (outside of Morrison) she is everything to him
    I’m telling you, they’ll retcon that mistake as a long game manipulation, courtesy of either Wyngarde, Bastion, Gamemaster, or Shaw.....with Emma as a somewhat unwitting pawn (since she’s in Powers of X, so she’s not the Final Boss, but a Mid Level Pawn.....sounds like a Wyngarde to me.....) to weaken the X-Men, discredit Cyclops, and keep Jean off the board (my theory has whoever’s pulling the strings wknd up Nate and sick him on the X-Men, with orders to make sure Jean was removed , before she or anyone else could begin to suspect anything)......Sinister isn’t behind this, since he’s obsessed with Scott and Jean’s potential offspring......the only other suspect is Madelyn (who you’d think she’d try to mess with Scott’s head by now)

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well PR was used to bring Jean back and ultimately Scott (UXM annual 1) so its not forgotten. Scott wanting to see Jean in that is in line with him having been reunited with her when he was briefly alive. The biggest question is where they will be reunited post AOX. I fear it may happen in UXM and I dont want that as I dont like Rosenberg's writing. If it doesnt happen there, I dont think we'll get one as I think Hickman's run will have a small time jump with Scott and Jean having reunited off panel
    And let the fanfic writers have their own theories? Eh, I’ve seen worse.....

Keep in mind, in the 616 World, everyone thought Scott was dead still (wait, so not even the Psi Rapport let Jean know Scott was around, or does that have psi scar tissue since it wasn’t used for so long?), while Wolverine is also counted as “dead in this dimension “.......

This only has a few issues left.....then this nightmare of a Mini is over
    I believe the rapport needs to manually established by Jean each time after it's broken, usually by death. If you're asking about why Jean couldn't feel Scott through the rapport during the Search for Cyclops, I believe it's because his merging with Apoc disrupted it. If you're asking why she couldn't sense him when he was stuck in Kid Cable's bunker, that's because the rapport was never reestablished after her death in Planet X. Of course that shouldn't have prevented her from finding him with Cerebra but she wouldn't have had any reasons to suspect he was alive. I do find it a little odd she didn't even try though but ultimately locating Scott would have clashed with the needs of the stories Brisson and Rosenberg were crafting. Maybe Kid Cable was shielding Scott telepathically anyway.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I believe the rapport needs to manually established by Jean each time after it's broken, usually by death. If you're asking about why Jean couldn't feel Scott through the rapport during the Search for Cyclops, I believe it's because his merging with Apoc disrupted it. If you're asking why she couldn't sense him when he was stuck in Kid Cable's bunker, that's because the rapport was never reestablished after her death in Planet X. Of course that shouldn't have prevented her from finding him with Cerebra but she wouldn't have had any reasons to suspect he was alive. I do find it a little odd she didn't even try though but ultimately locating Scott would have clashed with the needs of the stories Brisson and Rosenberg were crafting. Maybe Kid Cable was shielding Scott telepathically anyway.
    That’s right, the Phoenix had established the Rapport, then off panel the real Jean established another one (which was dormant when Scott was Apocalypse, but came back until say Morrison’s Run, ugh).....

Telling you, Kid Cable had a plan.....probably up there with “let’s get my parents (ok my dad and the woman who looks like mom but didn’t try to sacrifice me as a baby so she’s more of a mother than that crazy lady) back together because the alternative is dad brooding too much and fighting the Avengers”. Not a good plan.....but he broke time a bit to bring his father back, he’d probably want his parents together, (so he’s half the fanbase)
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-16-2019 at 10:16 AM.

This is supposed to be the AoXM version of the NXM era I assume based on the uniforms and general art style. Given the current status quo of AoXM I assume Scott was killed off instead of Jean. If the point was to show Jean "memories" that were suppressed of her previous love life before Nate fixed all that, I think this makes a pretty strong case that Scott was the center of that, not Logan or Bishop. Doesn't this directly contradict what was said previously about Jean's fake history in this universe? The whole narrative that Marvel spun around Jean for this event is starting to feel like one giant bait and switch.

That’s right, the Phoenix had established the Rapport, then off panel the real Jean established another one (which was dormant when Scott was Apocalypse, but came back until say Morrison’s Run, ugh).....

Telling you, Kid Cable had a plan.....probably up there with “let’s get my parents (ok my dad and the woman who looks like mom but didn’t try to sacrifice me as a baby so she’s more of a mother than that crazy lady) back together because the alternative is dad brooding too much and fighting the Avengers”. Not a good plan.....but he broke time a bit to bring his father back, he’d probably want his parents together, (so he’s half the fanbase)
    You mean the whole plan around "I'm bringing Scott back... screw the consequences" and "Cable has to die because he's not protecting the timeline from the terrible consequences coming"? His plan was wildly inconsistent but I won't complain. Bringing Scott back was all he really needed to do to ensure that his parents had another shot.