Page 89 of 151 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    That’s true, they came back stronger after Betsy tried her seduction, eventually starting up again with the specter of Madelyn (I think they where debating by Inferno, while after the big issue was Jean having Madelyn and the Phoenix messing with her emotions)........

I think they just need enough time to just talk between them, though they’ve patched things up both before Jean’s death and when she came back (when the Phoenix tried to tempt her with Scott).......I too feel that if the two are alive at the same time, they’d choose each other, no matter what they’ve been through while the other was dead......besides, other than Emma, who knows Scott as well if not better (even his brother has a hard time with his brother) than Jean......who knows, perhaps when Hickman starts, they would already have reconnected mostly off panel and are on the road to being close to where they where before Morrison added unnecessary drama......
    A completely different approach occurred to me. Hickman could entirely frame Jott from the perspective of the rest of the X-Men, speculating as to what's happening with them but Jean and Scott themselves playing the whole thing close to the vest. We as readers could be left just as much in the dark as the rest of the characters. This allows Hickman to write Scott and Jean's panel time focused much more on their role as X-Men and their partnership in that context. Later on down the line, what actually happened between them and the current status quo could be revealed, perhaps in an annual. This approach would prevent Jean and Scott from immediately getting mired in relationship drama while still allowing Hickman to play the will they or won't they card even if that was never actually the case.

It's the best of both worlds in that Marvel gets the relationship drama guessing game they think is so important without damaging Jean and Scott as a couple to do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    A completely different approach occurred to me. Hickman could entirely frame Jott from the perspective of the rest of the X-Men, speculating as to what's happening with them but Jean and Scott themselves playing the whole thing close to the vest. We as readers could be left just as much in the dark as the rest of the characters. This allows Hickman to write Scott and Jean's panel time focused much more on their role as X-Men and their partnership in that context. Later on down the line, what actually happened between them and the current status quo could be revealed, perhaps in an annual. This approach would prevent Jean and Scott from immediately getting mired in relationship drama while still allowing Hickman to play the will they or won't they card even if that was never actually the case.

It's the best of both worlds in that Marvel gets the relationship drama guessing game they think is so important without damaging Jean and Scott as a couple to do it.
    Makes sense and its Intriguing therefore they won’t do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    At least this explains why she's so happy when "hughverine" shows up in X1.
    To be fair. Hugh Jackman can make a Romantic relationship with a cardboard cutout look interesting.

Comic Geek in General

That’s......actually a good idea......though you know those who know them both (Hank, Bobby, Warren, Storm, Wolverine) would suspect......same as Charles, though knowing Xavier he probably would suggest that.....

The thing is, if either is perceived as single, others would try to court the other.........

To say nothing of the fact Marvel higher ups would either demand a long game like the X Traitor or that it would last only the span of HOX/POX or into the first Arc.......

Another place to reveal their actual status would be if they get another duo book (though Marvel Solicits it as only a solo book for either of them), or if Red gets relaunched, must have Jean come back to her room post mission and reveal Scott waiting for her........though that’s too.......spontaneous for Cyclops.......

I really like that approach. I think it would be an interesting way to use the relationship in the plot. We know from the previews that Scott and Jean will be present. They're both alive and not time-displaced, mind-wiped, etc. They're almost certain to play a role in whatever's going on with Xavier and the X-Men, as a whole. By revealing steadily how they got to wherever they are in their relationship could go a long way towards circumventing the usual romantic sub-plot that tends to complicate so many other stories. Hickman has shown he can handle complicated plots, but he's at his best when he can be concise. Hopefully, that's what we'll get here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Going by the leaked ending, lol.
    Is this recent? Last year, I saw possible spoilers somewhere. A leaked plot, something like that. Anyway, if the ending is that Jean dies, we all know that is a distinct possibility. However, they could stll do a Jott love story before she does die. It happened in the original comics story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Cripes, the ‘92 Animated series had them be more of a couple (or as much as they can be on a Animated program that wasn’t on Adult Swim or HBO)..... eventually getting married (a successful second attempt, with no Dark Morph/ Sinister manipulations)after the Dark Phoenix Adaptation, and that kinda flubbed things a bit (Jean surviving the battle thanks to the Phoenix and the power of love and friendship).......though she was kidnapped by Apocalypse and had to team with the assembled telepaths to stop him from messing with time ........

Said it numerous times. Whatever it's faults, TAS got the dynamics of Scott/Jean/Logan right. Jott is the couple and the airtime for each half of this supposed triangle reflected that. I don't know how many time I've seen TAS blamed for the triangle as if it did anything remotely what the movies did.
    I suppose they could have ignored the post 1986 comics stuff with Jean and Logan, but they acknowledged it. Still, there is no doubt who are the endgame couple. The Phoenix stories have Jott as the emotional core. Logan doesn't stand a chance.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think we will get much interactions between them regarding their relationship any time soon. Which seems like a huge waste becuase they really need to talk. But then again it seems like Xavier isn't getting a reunion with the other X-men after coming back from the dead. Everything will happen off panel and the books will jump straight to whatever story Hickman wants to tell.

which is so weird becuase Marvel has pushed pretty hard the past year that they are still in love
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-25-2019 at 08:22 AM.

It’s a beautiful thought and I hope that Hickman has the knowledge to do something like this. But I feel that it will be glossed over as writers are apt to do. Maybe mephisto can be involved that really helped spidey. At least Scott never struck his lovers. When I read about my two favorite characters I always pray that not too much damage is done to them by the writers who tackle the subject.

BANNED

There’s 2 ways it’s gonna go. Either they reconcile or They don’t, I personally think that if they are not together they should be on Separate teams. The will they won’t they was nice when they were teenagers,they are grown adults that were married ,this high school immature unsure of their feelings BS should be left too characters who don’t have such a long history together.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think we will get much interactions between them regarding their relationship any time soon. Which seems like a huge waste becuase they really need to talk. But then again it seems like Xavier isn't getting a reunion with the other X-men after coming back from the dead. Everything will happen off panel and the books will jump straight to whatever story Hickman wants to tell.

which is so weird becuase Marvel has pushed pretty hard the past year that they are still in love
    I’m okay with that. I think if Hickman wants to wait to resolve the outstanding issues with their relationship, that’s just fine. It’ll help develop them both for a while on their own, which I think they need. They can still have their moments. But the relationship drama need not be the center of it all.

That said, if Hickman follows any model for developing the Scott/Jean relationship, I hope he goes with Simonson’s X-Factor run. That hit all the right notes in terms of balancing plot with relationship development. I think Simonson helped solidify Scott and Jean’s romance in all the right ways and that would be a great template to build on now that they’re both alive and well again.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    The will they won’t they was nice when they were teenagers,they are grown adults that were married ,this high school immature unsure of their feelings BS should be left too characters who don’t have such a long history together.
    Comics in general suck at romance, there are editors/writers that if they could would divorce Lois and Clark. I read Aquaman and even though Arthur and Mera won't date other people DC doens't let them get married. And this is Dc who treats their couples way better than Marvel.

I hope Marvel treats the interactions between Jean and Scott better and do something cool. it is sad but for some people they are only drama and love triangles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I’m okay with that. I think if Hickman wants to wait to resolve the outstanding issues with their relationship, that’s just fine. It’ll help develop them both for a while on their own, which I think they need. They can still have their moments. But the relationship drama need not be the center of it all.

That said, if Hickman follows any model for developing the Scott/Jean relationship, I hope he goes with Simonson’s X-Factor run. That hit all the right notes in terms of balancing plot with relationship development. I think Simonson helped solidify Scott and Jean’s romance in all the right ways and that would be a great template to build on now that they’re both alive and well again.
    Yeah that X-factor run established the strength of their relationship. Ppl always think that he dropped Maddie and went straight to Jean. There was alot of buildup until they finally hooked up and it wasn’t until Scott thought Maddie was dead.
    Last edited by Retcon; 05-26-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

I think you will be right. I think they will get to the dynamics of their relationship later. They will interact in HOX/POX but I doubt if they will get too deep into whatever is going on with them. I assume they will basically start all over - begin as friends and co-workers and will develop from there.. find each other again (unless they want to keep them romantically apart for a while).

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think you will be right. I think they will get to the dynamics of their relationship later. They will interact in HOX/POX but I doubt if they will get too deep into whatever is going on with them. I assume they will basically start all over - begin as friends and co-workers and will develop from there.. find each other again (unless they want to keep them romantically apart for a while).
    Or they’ll keep the reader guessing until the monthlies start......if Hickman would rather let another writer address it in one of the Wave 1 or Wave 2 books that launch after HOX/ POX.......even do what Peter and MJ did in JMS’ Run.......see each other when they can, while they Room elsewhere until they’re ready....to...Er.....be together

Or Hickman would address it further (assuming Uncanny #22, which is 40 Pages long, meaning it’s either 30 Pages or fighting, 10 or less of the Missing Team Returns, Or the entire Issue would serve as the epilogue to Dissembled/AOX/ Last X-Men, or if the return is depicted fully in AoX Omega......slightly related, when the team returns, would we see guest appearances of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, MI 13, Spider-Man, Alpha Flight, Agents of ATLAS, Hulk, etc to welcome them back?) (is Alpha Flight even still active?)

At least there’s still hope, which is forsaken in some universes nowadays (looking at you, DC.....and Manhattan)