Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wait, so if Jean gets in a relationship with bishop due to age of X-Man does that mean she had no will to consent to that relationship? I mean, consent is important but it'd be based on force instead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Wait, so if Jean gets in a relationship with bishop due to age of X-Man does that mean she had no will to consent to that relationship? I mean, consent is important but it'd be based on force instead
    This gets murky because we're dealing with comics' typical whimsical concepts, such as reality warping and human beings with powers most people associate with God, with the capital G. It's so out there that, if you go to deep into that well, you'll start wondering if anything at Marvel is consensual since all gods are real there and are mostly humongous dicks about everything. But being low scale, there's no real consent here because this is a world distorted by Nate.
    spoilers:
    According to Bleeding Cool, Nate changed reality in many key aspects. He even put himself as one of the O5 in Beast's place and made it so Scott, Logan and Charles died on a heroic sacrifice many years ago. Jean and Lucas are thrown into a situation where Scott has been dead for years and Bishop probably has been Jean's friend and close to her for the same amount time, but that might just be fake memories. Does it count, then? I don't feel like it does, but I'm sure that whatever I say will be distorted by some of Jean's fans, if not many, as just not accepting because it's not Scott. But I guess it's up to individual judgement.
    end of spoilers

Didn't Scott have a relationship with Frenzy during Age of X? I don't think Emma held that against anyone considering the circumstances. I agree that it is problematic with these relationships under false realities/memories and there should be a discussion of consent for all involved.

I would think the X-Men always feel violated when these things happen.

BANNED

For the Frenzy situation, most memories got wiped but Frenzy was eager to return with Scott (and deep inside he wanted to be with Frenzy, kinky bastard). But he probably was aware that it's born due to a lie, so putting Jean in a relationship based on false memories, lack of consent and god knows what else is highly problematic

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Didn't Scott have a relationship with Frenzy during Age of X? I don't think Emma held that against anyone considering the circumstances. I agree that it is problematic with these relationships under false realities/memories and there should be a discussion of consent for all involved.

I would think the X-Men always feel violated when these things happen.
    I think the other thing whipping up a frenzy is that the writer stated the au romance would matter after age of xman supposedly.
    And slightly off topic I haven't followed nate since the 90s but his current state is wack. How did he to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wolverine or Bishop aren't the problem. the problem with jott has always been scemma. jean could date other people, scott could date other people but if scott gets back with emma that's just the definitive end of this thing.

Also i don't think jean is getting pregnant. marvel doesn't like babies and romances are the least stable thing on marvel these days. so that isn't going to happen. it also doesn't help the relationships just look at cable. he is the closest thing to a kid on the x-men and even that didn't protect maddie/scott or jean/scott.

I didn't like scott going with emma so i can understand if some people get jealous for jean with someone else. i was jealous of bloodstorm but that's marvel, its something we have to accept.
    I get it you don't like Emma but Jott's main problem is not Emma. This relationship main problem is editorial and the writers wanting to sell and for them looks like drama sells. It might sell one issue but the book it self becomes boring and it gets drop by the 3rd issue. Question for you, how would you feel if BloodStorm came back and Cyclops and her pick off things?

Also I feel like Bishop is being force to Jean because her fans dislike for Scott. To them anyone will do aslong as shenflips one to Scott. What would old Nate say about that relationship, does Jean even cared what Bishop made Nate and Hope live like. Like I said nice step mom only when their dad is around.

Let Jean and Bishop be but please treat Jott and Scott well.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

1- I can't lie i would get jealous for the bloodstorm thing but scott getting in a relationship is something that i have to accept too. Scott hooking up with another woman isn't the problem. But with emma would feel like a confirmation of him not caring about Jean. like any other woman would be scott exploring other things or because he can't be with Jean but emma would mean that he doesn't care about what happened.
    2-Not all Jean fans hate Scott. In fact many like him, there are some that do dislike him after morrison and that's reasonable, they are few but very vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    For the Frenzy situation, most memories got wiped but Frenzy was eager to return with Scott (and deep inside he wanted to be with Frenzy, kinky bastard). But he probably was aware that it's born due to a lie, so putting Jean in a relationship based on false memories, lack of consent and god knows what else is highly problematic
    Emma was right there when Frenzy try to go for Cyke. I laughed because I said in a old post that if they make Jean and Bishop it would just be a copy from Cyclops and Frenzy. I guss I was right. Dislike it that I was right but ohh well. Here is hoping that Dark Phoenix saves this relationship for me...

Fox: lol he thinks is a jott movie, lets get Magneto to saved Jean muahahahahha.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    If the pregnancy is actually Jean and it stuck coming after the au I'd stop reading the xbooks like I did with the spiderman after one more day
    I know the feeling. The affair was my breaking point. I dropped all the X books on the spot. Took a few more years for Spider-Man, but OMD was the reason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    As Ulfhammer said, its just a wild theory. I was just giving my two cents.

Also, I dont want Scott close to any of that drama between Jean and Bishop when they return.
    Last I was reading, I felt sort of the same. Perhaps not as strongly as you. I definitely thought they write stories geared towards disrupting the status quo, rattling the cage. And if the integrity of the characters' goes with it. Well, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. That doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    1- I can't lie i would get jealous for the bloodstorm thing but scott getting in a relationship is something that i have to accept too. Scott hooking up with another woman isn't the problem. But with emma would feel like a confirmation of him not caring about Jean. like any other woman would be scott exploring other things or because he can't be with Jean but emma would mean that he doesn't care about what happened.
    2-Not all Jean fans hate Scott. In fact many like him, there are some that do dislike him after morrison and that's reasonable, they are few but very vocal.
    Well when you put it that way I can see your point. Sadly we all know that if Bishop and Jean are together after the AU the Emma and Scott would be a sure thing to happen. I feel like he would finally let go of his love for Jean and maintain a relationship with Emma. When Bishop and Jean break up because we know Bishop is just being used here for that, Emma's hold on Scott would remain there.

Emma was honest with Scott that she wanted to work things out and she said a part of him did too. We are in for it, I will just keep up with Cyclops and if they trash him well hello DC xD

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Well when you put it that way I can see your point. Sadly we all know that if Bishop and Jean are together after the AU the Emma and Scott would be a sure thing to happen. I feel like he would finally let go of his love for Jean and maintain a relationship with Emma. When Bishop and Jean break up because we know Bishop is just being used here for that, Emma's hold on Scott would remain there.

Emma was honest with Scott that she wanted to work things out and she said a part of him did too. We are in for it, I will just keep up with Cyclops and if they trash him well hello DC xD
    Not sure scott and emma will happen brother.I mean people seem to think so then comes our dear JDW who said that he blames Emma was the reason of Scott becoming like that. Leah Williams die hard emma fans also said she wanted emma to move on from scott and end that triangle bullshit thing

Right now our main concern is not who he **** next but will he be written well that the main thing. MARVEL not gonna recash relationships that already come to past and I learn to accept that. Does mean there no women by his side he totally useless, if that the issue then wow just wow
    Last edited by Black Queen; 01-15-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    Not sure scott and emma will happen brother.I mean people seem to think so then comes our dear JDW who said that he blames Emma was the reason of Scott becoming like that. Leah Williams die hard emma fans also said she wanted emma to move on from scott and end that triangle bullshit thing
    But but but is Marvel they can do a 360 in one hour and another 360 secons before that 360 happens xD

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    But but but is Marvel they can do a 360 in one hour and another 360 secons before that 360 happens xD
    I don't think so bro if they do it they better prepare for all backlash from fans trust our dear editor will be block people from all corner

Ok this is coming from a Jean fan who respect scott for all he's been through do let the poor guy who just came back from the dead to be torment by this soap opera leave him alone

Also I sadly hope that this Bean relationship last long to avoid those other Jeans fans from blaming Scott at every end even though i don't like it
    Last edited by Black Queen; 01-15-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    I don't think so bro if they do it they better prepare for all backlash from fans trust our dear editor will be block people from all corner

Ok this is coming from a Jean fan who respect scott for all he's been through do let the poor guy who just came back from the dead to be torment by this soap opera leave him alone
    I don't think that would happen. I don't cared for scemma but if Jean is with Bishop then Cyke being with the evil king is no problem. Most of Cyclops fans don't cared who he is with. Jean fans would have nothing to complain about seeing as she will be in a relationship. The people hurt would be Jott fans who want to see Jott. I am a Jott fan but I see no point innbeing hurt if Scott is with Emma. It would sting for some time but it would pass.