Page 90 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2261

I know I'll get heat for saying this (because I have before), but if /when Scott and Jean get back together I hope they don't go overboard on the sappy "romantic" dialogue. The preview of the last Mr. and Mrs. X made me cringe when Rogue referred to Gambit as "dear". I think too many times writers use stereotypes, tropes, and generalizations when writing characters that are "in love". I think some have watched too many Hallmark movies or Disney movies. I want to see (and maybe there are good examples of it and I have just yet to witness it) couples in fiction being written as smart, sexy, and independent of each other while still being in love. Being in love with someone, to me means commitment more than using sappy language or pet names or referring to your significant others as "dear" or "babe" or any of that stuff.

I would love to see another Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix miniseries where Scott and Jean are fighting together, supporting one another, and redeveloping their friendship before they become lovers again (I really do think they will end up together eventually). I want to see them both be vulnerable but neither of them need to come across as needy or emotionally abused by their complicated relationship history. It will have to come across as organic. There is a lot to explore with them and they can't just ignore Emma Frost and I would hope they woulnd't ignore HCT (but who knows they may overlook all that and just rebuild them slowly starting with HOX and onward).

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    But then again it seems like Xavier isn't getting a reunion with the other X-men after coming back from the dead. Everything will happen off panel and the books will jump straight to whatever story Hickman wants to tell.
    It would be a waste because the potential of tension and drama is big. But then I grew up with Claremont run and I miss the soapish aspect of the old X-men. In those times it was about the relationships between characters and action and fights existed to reveal the truth about belief and feelings…

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Didn't Xavier already met the X-men in AXM?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Didn't Xavier already met the X-men in AXM?
    An handful of them. And, each time, he erases their memory of him… A nasty habit, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    An handful of them. And, each time, he erases their memory of him… A nasty habit, in my opinion.
    Yeah, if that's the route they pushed, then he's really unredeemable. Better to have someone that is not a X-man member kill him off for good.

BANNED

I don’t know how they could be in 6 issues and not address it somehow.

Yeah, if that's the route they pushed, then he's really unredeemable. Better to have someone that is not a X-man member kill him off for good.
    Make no mistake: for all his faults, I like him.
    And I think that, after all this time, I am allowed to scold this old acquaintance.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    I don’t know how they could be in 6 issues and not address it somehow.
    They haven't seen each other for years and both are coming back from the death. They definitely should have a lot to talk with each other.
    but i think marvel will just ignore that

BANNED

They haven't seen each other for years and both are coming back from the death. They definitely should have a lot to talk with each other.
    but i think marvel will just ignore that
    Well that’s Lazy writing. Jean had this big welcome back party from everyone for her return. Not literally a party but u get my drift.
    4 things that can’t be ignored
    1-explanation to wth happened to all the other X-men/AoXm ramifications
    2-everyone’s reaction to Scott being alive
    3-some type of closure to Jott
    4-everyone’s reaction to Xavier being alive

There’s more,but those 4 can’t just be glossed over and then jump straight into HoX/PoX

Well that’s Lazy writing. Jean had this big welcome back party from everyone for her return. Not literally a party but u get my drift.

There’s more,but those 4 can’t just be glossed over and then jump straight into HoX/PoX
    Either 1) Hickman is dealing with the last 3 points himself- seems likely that is the case with #4, the others less so, but possible still, or 2) Editorial and writers sent everyone to AoXM because they didn't knew what do with the characters in the mean time, and particularly the #2 and #3 points.

Jean didn't got a huge welcome either. Only the Red Annual and that was it.

Jean didn't got a huge welcome either. Only the Red Annual and that was it.
    There was Phoenix Resurrection...

Not really. Red Annual was the direct followup to PR where Jean was actually welcomed back by her teammates. PR didnt get into it as it ended just as she was finally back

No she didnt. Marvel really didnt do much for her when she got back. They glossed over it and we didnt really get to see Jean learn about things that happened since she died or react to it. Rachel (and arguably Kurt) was the only significant reunion Jean had
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-27-2019 at 03:23 PM.

I liked Phoenix resurrection but Jean only appeared at the end. She had a cool reunion with Scott but there was little with the other x-men.
    Also at least 3 issues were filler.

True, but it was still better than Scott, who only got even his brother whining about him causing the mutants to die or something and his granddaughter shooting his eye out and refusing to apologize or show any concern whatsoever. The only sign of any affection was that hug with Dani, made hilarious by her teammates reaction .