Page 94 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2261
    Comic Geek in General

Face it......Morrison just decided to do what he wanted (as usual), continuity and characterization be damned (also as usual......) and Quesada just signed off on it (this was also the time of One More Day, if not a few years before......) and in doing so has led to the longest flame war in history over Cyclops and the choices he made, (making that Games of Deception Set at Botcon pale in comparison)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Honestly the best representation of their relationship on media outside comics is X-men Evolution
    _tumblr_o450pdBTxn1u4yyo8o2_1280.jpg

It will probably be for a long time since movies aren't kind to it and i fear the MCU will skip Jean entirely.
    I do have hope if there is another cartoon.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-30-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Honestly the best representation of their relationship on media outside comics is X-men Evolution
    _tumblr_o450pdBTxn1u4yyo8o2_1280.jpg

It will probably be for a long time since movies aren't kind to it and i fear the MCU will skip Jean entirely.
    I do have hope if there is another cartoon.
    Evolution was great! I loved them in that show. I would love another series on Disney+ instead of MCU adaptions, but that’s just me. I know tons of people want the X-Men in films.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Evolution was great! I loved them in that show. I would love another series on Disney+ instead of MCU adaptions, but that’s just me. I know tons of people want the X-Men in films.
    I like series and cartoons more than movies too. There is more time to develop everything

Also from TAS
    ________________x-men-phoenix-cyclops-kiss.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I like series and cartoons more than movies too. There is more time to develop everything

Also from TAS
    ________________x-men-phoenix-cyclops-kiss.jpg
    Despite its ending season’s reception, GoT has really made television series popular these days, and Netflix, Prime Video and Hulu have popularized streaming exclusives, so I’d kill for a GoT-budget sized and length of an X-Men series on Disney+ instead of a movie.

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet in another thread, but this is one of the House of X variants.

SJcover.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I typically like Noto but thats definitely not his best work

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I typically like Noto but thats definitely not his best work
    His Jean and Scott are always a hit or miss. Sometimes he draws them great, other times they look like melting wax.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    His Jean and Scott are always a hit or miss. Sometimes he draws them great, other times they look like melting wax.
    In agreement--some of Noto's work is inspired (usually his "slice of life/candid" shots)--I find his work to be rather static and he tends to struggle with dynamic poses.

(Oops, I best avoid threads that KangMiRae is participating in!

Honestly kinda looks like there was just not enough effort put into that one.

Going through Peter Nguyen's work again, while I don't like the total redesign for Scott, I love that he swapped their color palette. Jean looks good in Scott's costume! Also, he made Scott's visor more transparent. Is there a certain amount of tint Scott's visor needs to hold his optic blasts in?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Without the visor, the redesign doesn't feel too much like Scott, but that Jean design looks great.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    X3 got boned by the studio. Fox insisted that Cyclops be killed off because James Marsden had been cast in WB's Superman Returns. Kinberg and co-writer Zak Penn then came up with the idea of Jean lapsing into Dark Phoenix and doing the deed.

They were doing Phoenix in that movie regardless of Marsden's availability. Say he has no scheduling conficts, and Singer stayed and did it, we would still have not gotten Jott true to the comics. Logan would have been right in the middle of it with Scott. That precedent had been set the first two movies.