Page 95 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2261
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Honestly the best representation of their relationship on media outside comics is X-men Evolution
    Attachment 82875

It will probably be for a long time since movies aren't kind to it and i fear the MCU will skip Jean entirely.
    I do have hope if there is another cartoon.
    I'll take TAS. I mean strictly for the relationship. It was cemented. Evo's was formative. Now, as an individual character, I'll take Evo Jean, absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Why do they do these? Damn you, Vogue. They're so bad. But I love them as Jean and Scott

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    They were doing Phoenix in that movie regardless of Marsden's availability. Say he has no scheduling conficts, and Singer stayed and did it, we would still have not gotten Jott true to the comics. Logan would have been right in the middle of it with Scott. That precedent had been set the first two movies.
    Yeah, plus they could have recast the role.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This is just too sweet. Love the interplay between these two. Can't wait to see how it plays out in the movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

People want me to lower my already low standards regarding Dark Phoenix.

And FYI, X3 gave us more Jott moments than all the trailers of Dark Phoenix combined. Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

And FYI, X3 gave us more Jott moments than all the trailers of Dark Phoenix combined. Facts.
    I have to believe there'll be more Jott moments in this since there's no Wolverine. I want to believe!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ther are many flaws with first x-men films but this kiss was epic.
    38022163_271009787031377_8940087745041137664_n.jpg

Its a trailer. How are you going a full length movie to a few minutes of condensed footage?

Incredible Member

That's why I never get too up or down about a movie based on a trailer. Too many times I got one impression from them, watched the movie, and came away with another impression. Watch the entire movie and let's see what they actually do. I'm open to being proven wrong. It's not like I'm boycotting the movie based on the past. More like the past leaves me with reservations.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, plus they could have recast the role.

They weren't going to recast the part. I do remember reading some Penn quotes at the time. For him, the story was more about absolute power corrupting absolutely than a love story. It's why he didn't see a major problem with Jean killing Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its a trailer. How are you going a full length movie to a few minutes of condensed footage?
    If it was important they would've showed something. A kiss, a hug, something. Something that establishes that these two are a couple. Show these trailers to someone who knows nothing about X-Men, they would never grasp that these two are supposed to be an item. Now compare this with... well any other comic book movie that has a romantic relationship. Audience can identify it immediately. Maybe it's not good, maybe it was unnecessary, but that's a different matter. Other relationship's best moments don't include a shoulder tap, even in the trailers.

If it was important they would've showed something. A kiss, a hug, something. Something that establishes that these two are a couple. Show these trailers to someone who knows nothing about X-Men, they would never grasp that these two are supposed to be an item. Now compare this with... well any other comic book movie that has a romantic relationship. Audience can identify it immediately. Maybe it's not good, maybe it was unnecessary, but that's a different matter. Other relationship's best moments don't include a shoulder tap, even in the trailers.
    Again its a trailer. Its condensed footage with most of the scenes shown out of context. You compared it to X3 but the trailer to that didnt feature them as some great couple (ironically, Logan and Jean got more moments) and what we got in the actual film ruined them

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Again its a trailer. Its condensed footage with most of the scenes shown out of context. You compared it to X3 but the trailer to that didnt feature them as some great couple (ironically, Logan and Jean got more moments) and what we got in the actual film ruined them
    The point is that X3 is absolute **** for Jott, and it still showed more and better moments than the trailers for a movie that supposedly does them justice.

The point is that X3 is absolute **** for Jott, and it still showed more and better moments than the trailers for a movie that supposedly does them justice.
    yet you dont know that DP wont be better for them than X3 in that one scene that ruined them. X3 was the absolute worse depiction of them in any non-book medium so its laughable seeing it any type of praise in that regards

Comic Geek in General

You’d think to get interest in the X-Men in the MCU they’d start working on a new animated series.......though the question is what would the team line up be? Odds are, if work starts around July.....(when Hickman starts) or would reflect HOX more than say Gold/Blue/Red (the If they where really ballsy they’d start with Dissembled.......though there would be a lot of exposition as to why Cyclops wasn’t there)......have it in a similar style to Pryde of the X-Men animation wise......have a rotating cast, maybe touch on the whole Scott and Jean relationship (it would probably be on XD or Disney+, so the odds of things being to sophisticated are slim) show the MCU how it could work (ok, mainly hopefully build interest......)