Page 97 of 151 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2261

I would like a Phoenix and Cyclops book, too! Maybe a Summers-Grey family book!

I hope they treat Jott with respect, too. I like Scemma and Jlogan a lot, but I’ve been missing Jott for a long time and I’m ready for that again. Really thought we were going to get it after Phoenix Resurrection. I’d be okay with Hickman having Jean and Scott holding off on rekindling themselves while HoX and PoX happens, but keep close to one another. Sort of a “There’s a lot going on, let’s figure this out along the way or when it’s done” mentality.

That way Hickman can tell his main story and have the ending of the miniseries lead into Jott for the later waves of books. In retrospect, I liked what X-Men Blue did with Tyke and Jeen. They took the entire book to get back together, but they were close and caring the whole way through.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-01-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think their relationship will get much focus. I just hope it isn't treat badly again, if they are going to make them date other people i hope Marvel doesn't give them more love triangle drama.

I do hope they get to talk and have nice moments together tough. They have missed each other a lot and they are coming both back from the death, that's somehthing that should make them value the other more. I hope whatever interactions they have will be positive.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwpyaz7haR2/
    Attachment 82966
    I wonder how their interaction will be? I assume they will talk about the students and maybe Xavier's vision for mutants. They may just keep it professional for now. Which will still be sort of odd because they did embrace each other during Phoenix Resurrection (but that circumstances was out of the norm..). I think it will be sad if they just skip over them seeing each other for the first time since that moment. I think they would be nervous because of all the messy history between them.

I do want to see them adventure/fight together. They do make a good team. I've been re-reading some of the Onslaught saga stuff as well as Operation Zero tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I would like a Phoenix and Cyclops book, too! Maybe a Summers-Grey family book!

I hope they treat Jott with respect, too. I like Scemma and Jlogan a lot, but I’ve been missing Jott for a long time and I’m ready for that again. Really thought we were going to get it after Phoenix Resurrection. I’d be okay with Hickman having Jean and Scott holding off on rekindling themselves while HoX and PoX happens, but keep close to one another. Sort of a “There’s a lot going on, let’s figure this out along the way or when it’s done” mentality.

That way Hickman can tell his main story and have the ending of the miniseries lead into Jott for the later waves of books. In retrospect, I liked what X-Men Blue did with Tyke and Jeen. They took the entire book to get back together, but they were close and caring the whole way through.
    The setup may have been good, but I can't abide how Blue turned Tyke into Jeen's rescue-bait. It wouldn't be any better the other way around - I prefer them as equals, not where one of them can be replaced with a favorite pet or family heirloom and still have the same effect on the narrative.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I get what you mean. There were a lot of things I didn't like about Blue or the time-displaced O5 in general. I actually didn't like how Jeen and Tyke were treating each other while reading it, but in retrospect, I like that Bunn gave them some time to find each other again.

Jean Grey/Cyclops video oficial Fox

https://twitter.com/FoxPuertoRico/st...09651016945664

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Jean Grey/Cyclops video oficial Fox

https://twitter.com/FoxPuertoRico/st...09651016945664
    Oooooo, I like it! Glad to see the studio is putting more effort into Jott this time around! Someone here earlier was concerned they would't do Jott some justice, but I think they will this time!

Fantastic Member

Lol, I really don't think that helps justify how spiderclops feels,in all honestly it kinda reinforces it. By literally showing almost all of the interaction they had in the last movie, and all of what they shown us so far in this. And it's almost equal.

At least they are telling us they are a thing, that shoulder touch really hits the spot!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Lol, I really don't think that helps justify how spiderclops feels,in all honestly it kinda reinforces it. By literally showing almost all of the interaction they had in the last movie, and all of what they shown us so far in this. And it's almost equal.

At least they are telling us they are a thing, that shoulder touch really hits the spot!
    Agreed.

10char.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post

Ha! I didn't even have to counter point.

They also did one for Beast and Magneto.

https://twitter.com/20thFoxCol/statu...96298103447552

So I guess Jean and Scott's love has the same importance as Beast and Magneto's rivalry??? Um, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

I remember this moment. It's from X-Factor Forever, a criminally underrated book by Louise Simonson. It was a great moment. Very sweet. Even though it was an AU, it still captured the essence of their love.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I remember this moment. It's from X-Factor Forever, a criminally underrated book by Louise Simonson. It was a great moment. Very sweet. Even though it was an AU, it still captured the essence of their love.
    For sure. AU or not, I always appreciate some good romance!

I'm conflicted by the X-factor Forever book/scans. I don't like a woman telling a man that he's the center of her universe. I don't think that is romantic. I think it is highly problematic. I find it problematic because of how stereotypical it is. I'd rather see Scott pine or feel vulnerable over Jean than always having the woman be passive, submissive, and always centering the man … as if he's more important than her own self or identity.

Another thing that annoys me is all the images of Jean holding on to Scott... with him being larger and Jean looking the weaker. It reinforces harmful cultural and social gender norms and scripts. I like images of couples when they are more equal in height, size, proportion, etc. Why don't we see more of the man holding on to the woman with her being center, with her being the strong one. I want to see images of the woman holding the man and saving him in battle.

I just see a lot of inequality in the romance aspect of superhero fiction. I want to see Scott and Jean as equals. Now that would be romantic.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Scott is canonically a lot bigger than Jean, though. In most couples, the man is taller and physically stronger than the woman, doesn't mean they're unequal.