Page 99 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2261
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I don't think this is true. I think what you say is true in fiction and in the movies, but if you look at actual couples, you see a lot of variation sure but you also see a lot of male/female couples who are around the same size. The media (tv, magazines, movies) often lie to us and have the man taller and tower over the woman even if it is untrue (example short male actor but due to movie magic he appears taller than the woman, etc).

I just think we can do and be better on this front.
    I'm 6' 5". My first love was 5' 2". In person, I'm a reserved introvert; she's a commanding extrovert and was the dominant personality in our relationship.

Canonically, Scott is 6' 3" and Jean is 5' 6". Jean, in case you haven't noticed, has tended to be the dominant one in the relationship. They first had sex once she decided to. After her resurrection, they only got back together once she decided to. They only got married once she wanted to--when Scott proposed to her, she rejected him.

People come in all shapes and sizes, and love crosses all physical boundaries. Like all physical traits, height differences in and of themselves indicate nothing whatsoever about the people in question and the dynamics of their relationship.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I just realized that if you look closely between them they are crossing arms and touching each others backs. (sorry i don't know how that is called on english)
    X-Men.jpg
    Some times it is really dificult to remember they were married in a serious relationship. Sadly most of the time the discussion focus on drama or Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I just realized that if you look closely between them they are crossing arms and touching each others backs. (sorry i don't know how that is called on english)
    X-Men.jpg
    Some times it is really dificult to remember they were married in a serious relationship. Sadly most of the time the discussion focus on drama or Morrison's run.
    See, I like this image because Scott isn't towering over Jean and they look equal. This was true in Morrison's run as well (because of Jean's shoes lol). I do realize in the books that Scott is taller than Jean. I just think (non-scientifically) that most couples appear to be closer to the same size. I see many women who are bigger than some men. Men and women both come in a variety of sizes but our media usually shows the man as bigger and taller. That was my point.

I think deep down I am a Jean/Scott shipper but I just fight it. I can't slip not even for a moment or it will take over.

X-Men.jpg
    They look great here, I wonder if you're right and they are holding each other's backs. I also love that they're in their 90's costumes! Logan, too! I hope this is from HoX and PoX and Hickman has them rotating between costumes. That'd be pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    They look great here, I wonder if you're right and they are holding each other's backs. I also love that they're in their 90's costumes! Logan, too! I hope this is from HoX and PoX and Hickman has them rotating between costumes. That'd be pretty cool!
    Nah I don't think so. There's someone in blue, like they're looking or travelling through the past or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nah I don't think so. There's someone in blue, like they're looking or travelling through the past or something.
    I don't think that this image is them rotating costumes (mostly because they all are wearing 90's costumes at the same time, but I do think it is from PoX/HoX, from the blue mutant and possible time travel I guess PoX) but he did imply that they are going to rotate costumes, Hickman said "one of my big rules is that mutants wear mutant clothes and not human ones." and "Storm would have a closet full of Storm costumes and not yoga pants and sweaters" and I don't think he is trying to say that they never wore "human clothes" but rather that he wants to establish the costumes as regular clothes, and really the only way to establish that in a way that matters is using more than one costume, Hickman does seem to be coming to the X-men to make changes as big as Claremont or Morrison did when they first started writing X-men comics

Comic Geek in General

The rotating Uniforms would work (so long as some of Shadocat’s dumber ones stay buried).......that means one arc our primary focus of this thread would where costumes from HOX, the next back to say 90’s or 80’s, etc (Cyclops doesn’t have as many variations to the Uniform.....just the O5 which he’s possibly outgrown, the Neal Adams/ All New, All Different, X-Factor 1, Late X-Factor, Jim Lee, Edge of Extinction, Morrison Era, Astonishing, Revolutionary, 90’s with Astonishing Visor, HOX, while Jean has O5, Marvel Girl Miniskirt, , X-Factor (early), late X-Factor, Jim Lee, Phoenix, Revolution, Morrison Era, Red).........

Also, the bit where it was Jean taking the lead in where the relationship goes in the past would probably come into play in the Hickman Era, Either by his pen or another writer......we just have to wait till July between the end of the AoX, Uncanny, and SDCC reveals and HOX.......now if they’re back together by HOX/ the new monthlies, I’d assume the how and therefore would probably be told via flashbacks, or a Annual.......assuming the team doesn’t get dragged into the Carnage Mess or Acts of Evil.....

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Also, the bit where it was Jean taking the lead in where the relationship goes in the past would probably come into play in the Hickman Era, Either by his pen or another writer......we just have to wait till July between the end of the AoX, Uncanny, and SDCC reveals and HOX.......now if they’re back together by HOX/ the new monthlies, I’d assume the how and therefore would probably be told via flashbacks, or a Annual.......assuming the team doesn’t get dragged into the Carnage Mess or Acts of Evil.....
    I really don't think Hickman will give jott much thought, i hope that means that dreaded love triangle gets little attention too.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-04-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    The rotating Uniforms would work (so long as some of Shadocat’s dumber ones stay buried).......that means one arc our primary focus of this thread would where costumes from HOX, the next back to say 90’s or 80’s, etc (Cyclops doesn’t have as many variations to the Uniform.....just the O5 which he’s possibly outgrown, the Neal Adams/ All New, All Different, X-Factor 1, Late X-Factor, Jim Lee, Edge of Extinction, Morrison Era, Astonishing, Revolutionary, 90’s with Astonishing Visor, HOX, while Jean has O5, Marvel Girl Miniskirt, , X-Factor (early), late X-Factor, Jim Lee, Phoenix, Revolution, Morrison Era, Red).........
    Rosenberg has been doing a version of that (though adding also human clothes) in his run Cyclops has used the astonishing costume, the New X-men jacket and the 90's costume, plus something Hickman also said that if they wear human clothes they have the costume's color paterns, in UXM 12 he had a brown jacket but with a blue shirt under it, and later he had a blue and yellow jacket
    And come on you can't claim that it wouldn't be hilarious having Kitty for one panel wear her purple/red/yellow/blue/green/white/black with roller skates costume or at least show it with her being embarrased about having used that

I really don't think Hickman will give jott much thought, i hope that means that dreaded love triangle gets little attention too.
    Hickman is accused of not dealing much with personal relationships, and he said he isn't going to be dealing with much personal stuff in HoX/PoX, it's just 6 issues each and he is going to establish massive changes, so my guess is that he mostly establishes the situation, at least with the most important characters (since he said that there isn't going to be much of an established main cast, which I find very interesting) establishing their personal situation and most likely dealing with that in the comics that come after this

Well, I think we'll have to wait to see if Jean and/or Scott are gonna be on his flagship ongoing after HOX/POX ends. I feel like most people just kinda assumed that will be the case, but who knows.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, I think we'll have to wait to see if Jean and/or Scott are gonna be on his flagship ongoing after HOX/POX ends. I feel like most people just kinda assumed that will be the case, but who knows.
    I imagine Cyclops will be, Jean who knows. But he said he's not using rosters in the tradicional sense.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I imagine Cyclops will be, Jean who knows. But he said he's not using rosters in the tradicional sense.
    Maybe more team members appearing in multiple books like Wolverine......just in the X Orbit......(I swear Wolverine has to have clones or access to time manipulation to appear in so many books a week......War of then Realms makes some sense, as it’s a Invasion requiring everyone to fight who’s available to do so......) so maybe both would appear in both the Main Book, then one or two more......perhaps Hickman would leave the relationship up to a Monthly Creative Team who are familiar with the characters and won’t make the situation even more complicated like Morrison did.....

I prefer to take the pessimist route on this situation, don't expect anything or at least don't expect anything good (which is what is more probable). It is always better to be prepared for the worst and don't make any easily breakeable delusions. What i personally expect is that both of them will be on relationships with other people.

I would like for Jean and Scott to have at least a nice reunion and a much needed talk but i don't think it will happen.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-04-2019 at 09:47 PM.

While I'm always reluctant to bring up love triangles, Uncanny X-Men #18 had some interesting moments today with Emma. I won't spoil it, but it does open the possibility that the Cyclops/Jean/Emma love triangle will get revisited. Emma, as dark as she has become, still loves Cyclops. She has made that clear since Bendis' run. But she hasn't done much with it since Cyclops returned. And if you'll remember the Hickman teasers, Emma was standing between Cyclops and Jean.

Now, I despise love triangles, especially the ones involving Scott and Jean. They always bring out the worst in everyone involved. But it looks like we may see more of it in the near future.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Eww, i was going to read Uncanny but now i will ignore it. It is really tiresome to be honest. Marvel had absolutely no problem ignoring Jean/Scott for almost 15 years. But messing other relationships is forbiden?
    If they continue with the love triangle crap (which seems to be the only thing Marvel does with jott for some reason) i wil just leave the x-men for good.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-05-2019 at 10:17 AM.